When does the feeling hit you?

the feelin hits me when u hear the music right as we walk toward the magic kingdom, u know where u go underneath the wdw railroad station u start u hear music i get a feelin right there

:)

Kurai

I have to say, on my last trip I bought a HUGE Disney Calender, marked each day down to my trip with mickey ear shaped stamps, watched Disney travel movies, DVDs, anything I could to tell myself I was going!

Even so, The feeling didn't actually hit me until I took my first steps down mainstreet USA, looked up at Cinderella's castle, and touched the stone wall of the Train staton...I actually started to cry happily, because I knew it wasn't a dream, it was real! That feeling, such a special feeling, is what makes the travel, the saving, the planning, and the effort SO worthwhile.
It's gotta be the magic of Disney.:sohappy:

Laura

Premium Member
It hits me when we get off I-95 and get on I-4.

By the way, didn't there used to be Disney billboard signs all the way from Daytona Beach to Orlando? I swear there did. On our last trip I didn't see a single Disney advertisement until we were actually IN Orlando.

The little twinge occurs when I exit the MCO tram and feel that blast of humid air (as I hurry up to unzip the legs off of my convertible pants). The HUGE in your face excitement happens when we pass through the purple signs. Then the cheering begins.

RedGear

The feeling has been around for about a month now, and today since it is only a week left before we leave, the feeling is full force. I want to leave so bad. I don't think i am going to be able to sleep these next couple of days and especially on Tuesday night. (doesn't help that I have exams on tuesday either!)

I can't wait to go so bad, but i know that the full on "force" of disney will hit at Tuesday night when I am trying to sleep. I can't wait! :slurp:

jacksnightmare

Original Poster
I guess the walk to the busses was not really the bad part, the walk to fill up that shot glass they call a Refill Mug or to grab something to eat from the eatery. We would cut through the parking lot too, but then as soon as we got back to the room it was another trip with the mug to get a sip of pop.

SirNim said:
Rolling my luggage out of the trunk and onto the curb at the local airport on a dark, brisk spring morning wearing my watch and a backpack loaded with "supplies" including photographic equipment and bubble gum. :)

lol wow i couldnt of said it better myself. but im normaly packed the day we book the trip which is normaly seven months before we go. then i make a big countdown and i think i downloaded one from a web site somewhere its a monorail and it rolls how much longer across your screen i listen to park hopper radio every hour of every day and i watch my home movie i made of disney and all the rides for that purpose and also the disney vacation planner. wow i just read over this im nuts. but you know its nice to belong to a board where everyone just about on here is the same ways as i am.

thanks everyone for makeing me feel that im not crazy that everyone else is for not being a disney fan!!!!!!

DisneyBunny

The feeling hits me when ( I know I'm crazy, don't laugh) I am standing at the bus stop to go to the parks and I smell that diesel exhaust from the bus that comes lumbering up. And then when the door opens and makes that little squeaky noise, and I'm on!

Nothing beats riding the busses...

stang19mu

When the feeling hits me...

We use to go to Disney every April school vacation since I was about 6 years old. The last time I was in Disney was before I graduated high school in 2000. Now that I'm graduating from college in May, my parents are taking me and my boyfriend to Disney for my graduation gift. My boyfriend has never been to Disney or Florida, so this should be an amazing trip. I would have to say that when I wake up the first morning we are there, take a shower and get ready, when I open the hotel room door and the florida air hits me, I look out and I can feel the Disney atmosphere (I know it's weird but its true), than that is when the feeling hits me and I know I'm really there. I can't wait to go. I'm counting down the days!!!

CAPTAIN HOOK

We start to get that feeling when we leave home for the airport. It then disappears for 10 hours until we land at MCO, ride the monorail and by the time we've collected pur 4x4 rental we can hardly contain ourselves as we drive south west towards WDW

tinkish

I'm already excited to go on my trip for this summer...so...I guess the feeling is already hitting...that excitment...looking forward to it all. But, this trip is special because it will be our first trip as a couple for my boyfriend and myself. So...I hope there will be many more happy returns.

WDWwolfpacker21

I am 17 and have been going to Disney World since i was 2. Until I started driving aka years 2-14 it was always when we exited from 95 to I-4. However now its when i get through that dang Orlando traffic. A little past downtown Orlando.

DisneyBunny said:
The feeling hits me when ( I know I'm crazy, don't laugh) I am standing at the bus stop to go to the parks and I smell that diesel exhaust from the bus that comes lumbering up. And then when the door opens and makes that little squeaky noise, and I'm on!

Nothing beats riding the busses...

I would so not laugh at you i know that feeling sometimes in my hometown when i have my window open in the summer and a bus passes by or vice verca normaly i close my eyes for a sec. and imagine that im about to get on a disney bus

DonaldD1987

The Feeling starts to hit when you see all of the billboards. You start to see a disney attraction billboard every other sign. Then it feels like forever to get to the welcome to WDW sign.

Highland_Holly

I totally agree with TheDisneyQueen... it's the music walking under the train track before emerging onto Main Street USA... I have been listening to the Live365.com Disney stations and every once in a while I hear that particular music... and I am transported!

So, that is the BIG feeling... but I get twinges all along... I am a big dork about matching outfits... and we dress for the flight so we are ready when we get there. Last time my daughter and I had navy blue dresses with white mickey heads on them and my husband and son wore navy short and white T-s with the sam mickey head in blue. I looked at the four of us as we left the house and had shivers...and thought, "Here we go!"

BTW, we always have dinner at Chef Mickey's on our first night... and our outfits coordinated perfectly with the big mickey dinner plate where they take the photo. Not planned... but pretty cool!

Holly

Lionking

I get the feeling when the bus pulls up to MK I get off and start toward Main Street USA. Then I walk under the train station and on to main street look up and see the castle and it hits me I am really in WDW. I wish I could feel this everyday.

WigglyWiggins

When you fly from UK, your basically in an air conditioned bubble for about 10 hours....i know ive arrived when you get through immigration at orlando airport and the automatic doors open and the humidity and heat hit you...i love that feeling!!!! I know the grass is always greener etc but there is definatly something in that air.

Also the ripples of excitement at Orlando airport, particulairly kids....when they keep looking around as if mickey is going to appear somewhere!!

ARRRRGH i cant wait!!! Going to hold my breath until June 18th!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom