When do you get excited?

KDM31091

Original Poster
How soon is too soon to get hyped for a trip? 2 years ahead? 1 year? 6 months? When do you start to get excited about Disney trips? I tend to start thinking about it about a year in advance; from then on it basically consumes me on and off until the trip happens!

How about you?

CAPTAIN HOOK

We decided yesterday that our 2008 Christmas Trip is go, go, go. The wife has only shut up about it once and that was when she was asleep :ROFLOL:

wdwmomof3

I am seriously thinking about going in Sept/Oct of 08. We just went 6 months ago and I am ready to go back now but hubby wants to wait. I can't really get excited until I book and get the paperwork in the mail. That's when it will hit me that we are going back.:lol:

I will book it later this summer and until then, I will enjoy reading about Disney on here. What better way to pass the time?:wave:

chucknstuff

As soon as I get home from the previous trip, un pack the car, pick up the phone, and book the next vacation.

Seriously that's how we roll....

30 more days for the next trip......then we start planning for October's trip (looks like AKL concierge).

I get excited the minute we decide to plan another trip. I drive my DH nuts talking about it!

I get really excited when it's time to call for ADR's!!!

TTFN-Tiggger

When I book the trip. No matter how far out. Then the last 30 days before the trip I can hardly contain myself. Leave for Florida in 1 week. Work stuff for the first 7 days and then 4 days at Disney!! :sohappy: :sohappy:

KnK

While we are there planning the next trip the following year! Not a day goes by without my husband or I commenting about out next trip!

We only get one a year (yes, that's more than alot of folks) and we treasure each day leading up and each day there!

executivechef

I'm with wedway71, it's so hard to focus on anything but the trip for days and even weeks prior (like now) but the night before is torture.
I'm working on 4 weeks and I'm watching every video and looking at all my pictures from past years.
Shhhhhhh :lookaroun ....I'm even planning next years trip now.....lol

Guy

DarkImage4

As soon as the dates are reserved, the excitment kicks into gear. From there on out, it's just a continuous build until we pack the car and start the drive.

Working on ADRs as we speak!

we are lucky that we make a trip to wdw at least once a year, so i always know that we'll be back at some point. but about 6months before the trip starts, i begin to get excited. i visit these boards so much, it's almost like i have ocd. i, like an earlier post, cannot sleep the night before the trip. i get so excited. sometimes i think the anticipation of going is almost better than actually arriving :lookaroun. ummm...maybe not :sohappy:!!!

k.hunter30

I was SO excited when DH told me we could start THINKING about a trip to WDW a year and a half ago. I think that's when I've been the most excited for this trip. Now, I'm at 22 days to go and I'm starting to get that same excitement back. (Life has been getting in the way recently...)

Uponastar

Different degrees of excitement, but I'm excited from day 1 of a planned trip. Just knowing that it's a for sure thing that we're going back is exciting to me!
Nothing beats the excitement of those last few days before we leave, though.
All those last minute odds and ends that need taking care of. . .I think I dance through that last week!
We leave in 11 days so I'll be dancing again shortly! :sohappy:

Lost_in_hollywo

well Im due to leave on the 18th October 07, i cant wait already i mean i suggested the idea to my best freind [who im going with] and when he said yeah i was like YEAH!!! cmon cant wait! but yeah im on and off excited, mainlyn its jsut when i tend to think about it or look stuff up on the net etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom