When do we get the Pirates Of Caribbean Shanghai ride technology in USA?

doctornick

I’d be pleasantly surprised now if they did. Although there was an argument DAK needed it more.

Would be strong arguments for both really. A Jungle Book ride fits better thematically in DAK though. Both could use a higher capacity family friendly ride. DAK would benefit from an indoor ride in Asia; Epcot needs more attractions in World Showcase.

I'd love an India pavilion in Epcot. would be a great compliment to others already there. I'd gather though that Brazil was much further along and would be more likely to ever happen in the future if they decided to spend some money on WS. One thing is that I'd rather they build one new pavilion with a major attraction/ride than 2 different pavilions with just food and shops.

rreading

Would be strong arguments for both really. A Jungle Book ride fits better thematically in DAK though. Both could use a higher capacity family friendly ride. DAK would benefit from an indoor ride in Asia; Epcot needs more attractions in World Showcase.

I'd love an India pavilion in Epcot. would be a great compliment to others already there. I'd gather though that Brazil was much further along and would be more likely to ever happen in the future if they decided to spend some money on WS. One thing is that I'd rather they build one new pavilion with a major attraction/ride than 2 different pavilions with just food and shops.

Looking at the original topic of the thread - I'd personally prefer that were there a jungle book ride that it would be more in the vein of Indiana Jones/Dinosaur with actual animatronics then the more-heavily screen based POTC in Shanghai (from what I can tell from the videos). Were it to have that kind of feel, it could be better in Epcot since AK already has Dinosaur.

If it were screens, it would almost certainly be heavily CGI in the vein of the recent movie. Personally, I'd rather it have more of the character of the animation

doctornick

Looking at the original topic of the thread - I'd personally prefer that were there a jungle book ride that it would be more in the vein of Indiana Jones/Dinosaur with actual animatronics then the more-heavily screen based POTC in Shanghai (from what I can tell from the videos). Were it to have that kind of feel, it could be better in Epcot since AK already has Dinosaur.

If it were screens, it would almost certainly be heavily CGI in the vein of the recent movie. Personally, I'd rather it have more of the character of the animation

I dunno. While I'm certainly in favor of more physical sets, I think this tech actually benefits from having screens that can be integrated with the motion of the vehicle. The boats are able to be pointed in certain directions and turned and you can combine that with changing images on screens to make the motion feel more intense or to create certain sensations (like falling or more aggressive turning).

I think something with integrated physician/screen based sets like NRJ combined with the motion of this vehicle could be used to be a stunning ride.

doctornick

Yes. Thats actually two plots (equatorial Africa would have used one) and India would have used both.

Wow. Would have been a perfect location for a new pavilion with a ride - help to fill in the "dead space" in that part of the park especially given the space between China and Germany

Would the existing africa mini-pavilion have been relocated or just removed?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom