When Disney makes you look crazy

HouCuseChickie

If it makes you feel any better, I was belting out Grim Grinning Ghosts a chunk of the way home in traffic today. I was playing around with the various harmonies and trying to decide which parts sounded decent when taken up an octave. I've been singing most of my life and really don't care if I get caught singing in traffic. I've actually gotten applause a few times, but mostly just strange looks...especially around audition times. Haven't done it in a while, but let's just say singing arias in traffic doesn't always go over too well. But again...don't care :)

Soarin2u

Hehe, we'll I got old family friends that love Disney Songs. Whenever we go to a mall (a good distance away) we pump music as loud as we like it and scream it out. I'll Make a Man Out of You is our favorite. Sometimes if we are next to a car with young teenage boys we point to them and scream "I'll make a man out of you!" Which doesn't happen often.. :( But, Hehe, we've got people galore that have given us weird looks. We just smile and sing louder... :D

Elaine Custodio

So Ive been putting together a playlist on my phone of Disney songs to listen to for our upcoming trip. I usually buy one song a week and have a pretty nice collection now. Anyways, I had my phone plugged up in the car this morning on my way to work and was listening to "I Just Cant Wait to be King" Everybody has done this but you know that moment when you get lost in a song and all of a sudden you are singing at the the top of your lungs. Well that's what I did at a stoplight today and the person next to me had a bad look on her face when I realized what I was doing and looked over at her. Anyways, I blame it on Disney lol. Who else has had a moment like this. I think its pretty funny but you look like a complete goof to other people lol. Funny thing is Im a guy with a scruffy beard, I work in a steel industry and just have that steel worker look about me, yet I was singing Disney lol. Bet that lady didn't know what to think.

Lol, awesome.

Someone asked me for my ipod on our trip to Vegas and, guess what? Disney songs! We were in girls group though, we had a BLAST! That was actually one of our funniest moments: You just CAN'T HELP BUT YELL that chorus, and I remember this family who pulls next to us and start laughing their off...

People back where I work find me a bit quirky, and they know I'm just absolutely unable to SHUT UP if someone mentions Disney...

StarWarsGirl

]
People back where I work find me a bit quirky, and they know I'm just absolutely unable to SHUT UP if someone mentions Disney...

I'm a peer tutor. My student often asked me questions about college and such. I told him I wanted a business administration degree. He asked why. So I could work anywhere, but I really want to work in the theme park division. Which one?....

And that was the end of anything productive for that tutoring session. Actually, he kept me going, but still

Patrick_Ears

So Ive been putting together a playlist on my phone of Disney songs to listen to for our upcoming trip. I usually buy one song a week and have a pretty nice collection now. Anyways, I had my phone plugged up in the car this morning on my way to work and was listening to "I Just Cant Wait to be King" Everybody has done this but you know that moment when you get lost in a song and all of a sudden you are singing at the the top of your lungs. Well that's what I did at a stoplight today and the person next to me had a bad look on her face when I realized what I was doing and looked over at her. Anyways, I blame it on Disney lol. Who else has had a moment like this. I think its pretty funny but you look like a complete goof to other people lol. Funny thing is Im a guy with a scruffy beard, I work in a steel industry and just have that steel worker look about me, yet I was singing Disney lol. Bet that lady didn't know what to think.

hahaaaaaa!! I would haved winked at her.

lunchbox1175

All song do but I Just Cant Wait to be King has that special effect on people, it makes you want to sing along so bad you don't even care who might be listening in. It's specially bad when you are belching everybody look left, everybody look right and you look to the car right next to you and people are cracking up because you're so into the song. I just wave and continue on singing. If they can't appreciate a good Disney song, they are not worthy my time!

they are contagious....even as I was reading this post I started looking left and right as you wrote it....good thing it isn't the hokey pokey....that would look silly in my office.

foreverbelle

Yes it happens to us all. I was singing One Jump ahead from Aladdin around the office, because it was stuck in my head and a couple of my coworkers looked at me as if I had gone nuts...

Marc Gil

This was so embarrassing, but when I went to Magic Kingdom a few years ago with some of my buddies, we decided to go on Splash Mountain. We were in a log with all foreign people (I doubt they could speak any English), but as we were trailing along, I thought it would be funny if we all sang "Just Around the Riverbend" together. So I guess we all completely forgot that there were other people on the boat with us, and after we finished our little tune the entire rest of the boat gave us a huge applause. Let's just say that we were quiet for the rest of the ride. It was so embarrassing!

steviej

When I tell people I've been to wdw 16 times.

And when everyone comes to me for help planning their trip.

My fiancée has been to wdw 36 times. So when everyone assumes we were gonna have a Disney destination wedding and shocked that we're not, and when everyone assumes we're going to wdw on our honeymoon (which we are)

Soarin' Over Pgh

I wish I could find a guy who is willing to sing Lion King songs on the way to/from work. I'd marry him tomorrow.

I get looks from.. well, everyone... when I do it. :( My room mate is so anti- lion king, I can't even mention it without him leaving the room. I guess I oversung my welcome with that. LOL

SyracuseDisneyFan

I've never done anything of that nature due to my lack of singing talent, but I'll have a certain Disney song stuck in my head at work sometimes. Makes me excited for our trip next may.

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
All song do but I Just Cant Wait to be King has that special effect on people, it makes you want to sing along so bad you don't even care who might be listening in. It's specially bad when you are belching everybody look left, everybody look right and you look to the car right next to you and people are cracking up because you're so into the song. I just wave and continue on singing. If they can't appreciate a good Disney song, they are not worthy my time!
THIS needs to be on you tube ;)
Its no good just singing you have to be cutting some shapes at the same time for the full effect of completely weirding out other drivers :D

Victor Kelly

A very personal note. I was diagnosed recently with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder or PTSD. One of my own personal therapies is listening to the hours upon hours of music loops, attractions, etc. Mr. Theme Park Audios on youtube was a terrific source. The music keeps me calm enough to function minute to minute. So when people stare or give me a look I know they probably are not happy, but I am.

And I love to wear Disney t-shirts all the time, no matter where I go. I can get looks, but I am confident, happy and in a positive frame of mind. Happiness is the most important thing in life, do what makes us happy.:D

jmorri26

My mom calls I hear Spectro, my husband is Soarin, my dad is the EPCOT future world loop, everyone else is IIlluminations finale ;)

Today when I saw the Saving Mr Banks trailer someone asked what I thought and I replied "it looks great!....Except for Pinocchio's Daring Journey showing up in Fantasyland in the 50s/60s!" I got bizarre looks and they replied "uh...we meant Tom Hanks and movie stuff, not crazy Disney stuff"

Real embarrassing was when some folks at work found my grooveshark playlist...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom