When booking do you pay up front?

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
I am planning a trip for October 08. Yes I know, it's forever away.

My family and I are deciding now which restaurants we want to make reservations for. I know that Cinderella's Royal Table is a definite choice, the rest we are still talking about.

My question is, when you book the reservation, are your meals added on to your package price? Or do you simply pay cash or credit card when you are at the restaurant on the day of the reservation?
Or are there some that you do pay for up front and some you don't?

I was just inquiring as to how this works before we decide.

lilclerk

It depends on the restaurant. I know for sure that Hoop De Doo Revue and I think the Luau require you to pay up front (so maybe it's just dinner shows.)
Most of the regular restaurants, you just pay at the end of your meal.

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
It depends on the restaurant. I know for sure that Hoop De Doo Revue and I think the Luau require you to pay up front (so maybe it's just dinner shows.)
Most of the regular restaurants, you just pay at the end of your meal.

That is what I was figuring because how do they know what you will get. But then I have read that some restaurants there is one set price and you just order the meal you like.

lilclerk

That is what I was figuring because how do they know what you will get. But then I have read that some restaurants there is one set price and you just order the meal you like.

Yeah, I've never been to a WDW buffet or all-you-care-to-eat restaurant, but I think only the dinner shows require payment up front.
On allears.net it says
"Shows can sell out during busy times of the year. Payment in full will be required for the Hoop-Dee-Doo at the time of booking. As long as you cancel up to 48 hours in advance, you will receive a full refund."
under Hoop Dee Doo, the Luau, and Mickey's Backyard BBQ, but not the regular restaurants.

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
I was looking at cinderella's royal table menu on allears.net. It said one price for all adults. We were thinking of trying lunch there instead of dinner to save money, but is lunch always with characters? Maybe we would want to avoid lunch since we have no children with us. Even though I love meeting the characters, it might be more hectic.

mouselvrmom

Cinderella's Royal Table is also a restaurant that you have to pay up front for. I believe at the dinner, it is not a character meal. The characters are there doing a little show, but they do not come around to your table. We usually do breakfast there, thought, so I'm not 100%. But dinner might be a better option for you if you don't want to meet the characters.

We like to do the breakfast because then we get into the park before it opens and we get to take some nice castle pictures without all the people. We'll be there sometime in October 2008 as well. :)

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
Cinderella's Royal Table is also a restaurant that you have to pay up front for. I believe at the dinner, it is not a character meal. The characters are there doing a little show, but they do not come around to your table. We usually do breakfast there, thought, so I'm not 100%. But dinner might be a better option for you if you don't want to meet the characters.

We like to do the breakfast because then we get into the park before it opens and we get to take some nice castle pictures without all the people. We'll be there sometime in October 2008 as well. :)

Thank you for the info. I think that maybe we will do the lunch anyways. It might be fun to get pictures with all the characters, when you don't have to actually wait in line for it.
On allears it said 35.99 for lunch for adults, but it also says Fairytale Lunch w/ Characters $33.99 for adults. It's not a big difference or a big deal, just wondering which is more accurate. Hopefully they won't raise it anymore.

lilclerk

On allears it said 35.99 for lunch for adults, but it also says Fairytale Lunch w/ Characters $33.99 for adults. It's not a big difference or a big deal, just wondering which is more accurate. Hopefully they won't raise it anymore.

I think it still says $33.99 because the price increase hasn't gone into effect yet.

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
Thank you lilclerk!

If I am going next October 5th, like in 2008. How soon can/would you book for Cinderella's Royal Table?

Mickey&Minnie

The places that are one price dinner shows (the pricey ones) have to be paid when the reservation is made. If you have the dining plan you can let them know and they hold it on the credit card but nothing is charged. They do this because if you don't cancel a reservation that you don't intend on making they charge you for it anyway.
Make reservations as soon as you can especially for very liked restaraunts because they book up fast. ie...Le Cellier and Cinderella's.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Certain restaurants require pre-payment or security with a credit card. If you book Hoop-De-Doo, Cinderella's Royal Table, Mickey's Backyard BBQ, [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]My Disney Girl's Perfectly Princess Tea Party or [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Spirit of Aloha they will ask for your credit card info. If you let them know you'll be using the Dining Plan, they won't bill you right away, but only charge your credit card if you're a no-show or don't cancel within the minimum cancellation period [either 48 or 72 hours]. If you're using the Disney Dining Experience card, they'll only bill your discounted meal cost if you let them know when booking.
[/FONT]

mapsd

Fee for no cancellation?

For ADR @ the non-Signature restaurants, what happens if you "just forget" about your reservation? At WDW, I assume it happens frequently as people get cuaght up in their experience.

Will your DDP be deducted if you forget to cancel?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom