When are they going to announce a true e-ticket?

sconti

Original Poster
As excited as I am for Toy Story Mania, when are they going to announce a true e-ticket for WDW???

Expedition: Everest was announced on April 22, 2003 and opened April 9, 2006. So, we are approaching FIVE years since the announcement of what I would consider a true e-ticket (no disrespect to TSM).

Any thoughts??? The theme park numbers look good. The hotel numbers look good. What's the deal???

DizFanatic

I would like to see something of the size & scope of Splash Mountain. A true Disney E-Ticket that keeps you captive for more than a minute or two. EE is an awesome coaster, as is RnR. But I do agree, we need more new E-Tix! Maybe we're greedy, but with Universal unleashing some more Disney style attractions & lands, like the Simpsons & Harry Potter, Diz must get back to being the leader again. It would help if they didn't go and lay off many great imagineers, like after the creation of AK. I guess the bottom line is $$$, but hopefully they can see what a difference EE made for DAK, as apposed to ploping in some standard off-the-shelfers like "Dinoland".
With the new rumor buzz of Beaslie Kingdom back on the boards (hopefully not just a rumor) I am hoping that it is done with true Disney class. Not another Dinoland (or California Adventure 1.0). I guess we'll see.
I would also like to see the old River Country reborn into a new world class (beat the joneses) park. It was the first water park in the world (as far as I know) so it would be a great tribute to feed it some steroids and re-open it. Even if it must be in a new location on the property. That's my feeling anyway.
Well, I don't think you asked for all this jibble-jabble, but I needed to speak my mind a bit. So, yes, we need more E-Tix please!:wave:

uklad79

Could you please name the 3 E tickets built before that and dates they were announced we can then see if there is a pattern. Was mission space the last one to be built?

phenom1307

I would like to see something of the size & scope of Splash Mountain. A true Disney E-Ticket that keeps you captive for more than a minute or two. EE is an awesome coaster, as is RnR. But I do agree, we need more new E-Tix! Maybe we're greedy, but with Universal unleashing some more Disney style attractions & lands, like the Simpsons & Harry Potter, Diz must get back to being the leader again. It would help if they didn't go and lay off many great imagineers, like after the creation of AK. I guess the bottom line is $$$, but hopefully they can see what a difference EE made for DAK, as apposed to ploping in some standard off-the-shelfers like "Dinoland".
With the new rumor buzz of Beaslie Kingdom back on the boards (hopefully not just a rumor) I am hoping that it is done with true Disney class. Not another Dinoland (or California Adventure 1.0). I guess we'll see.
I would also like to see the old River Country reborn into a new world class (beat the joneses) park. It was the first water park in the world (as far as I know) so it would be a great tribute to feed it some steroids and re-open it. Even if it must be in a new location on the property. That's my feeling anyway.
Well, I don't think you asked for all this jibble-jabble, but I needed to speak my mind a bit. So, yes, we need more E-Tix please!:wave:

i agree with the need for more E-tickets.

but as far as river country goes...i don't think they would have to move it to a new location. they would just need to upgrade the facilities to more of a pool like area, but even if it looked like a pool to begin with disney could find some way to make it look like the old river country

Vernonpush

As excited as I am for Toy Story Mania, when are they going to announce a true e-ticket for WDW???

Expedition: Everest was announced on April 22, 2003 and opened April 9, 2006. So, we are approaching FIVE years since the announcement of what I would consider a true e-ticket (no disrespect to TSM).

Any thoughts??? The theme park numbers look good. The hotel numbers look good. What's the deal???

Well, with those numbers looking good, why would they need to add an E-ticket right now?:shrug:

Hopefully they have some in the works to keep up with Universal's new "lands", or maybe, they are taking a "wait and see" attitude. And once they find out how much of an impact Harry Potter has on their parks, then they will announce their "aces in the hole".

DisneyMusician2

I believe River Country was closed dut to a contamination issue (I could be wrong) or one was discovered, amking it impossible to open the park again on the same site.

I think the money is going into actually refurbing existing attractions and giving the parks a boost (especially MK) into some newer tech. Some of the MK attractions really needed the TLC they are getting.

As far as a new e-ticket or gate, the gate is simply not coming in a traditional form. Disney management probably sees it as unnecessary right now with the continued park growth despite a lagging economy.

An e-ticket would be nice, but they have some other things to catch up on. The general improvement of the experience at DHS should rank higher than simply another e-ticket ride. A few mid-level experiences need to be added to a few areas, including DHS and I think even the Showcase at Epcot.

I would rather see these improvments across the board than too much time spent on one single new ride experience.

Pete C

WDW is getting the shaft because of DCA's failure to generate money. Brand new lands and rides, including a major new E-Ticket...they are clearly getting all the money. I think the Space Mountain refurb will be marketed like a new ride, as well as perhaps Star Tours 2.

However, I am in the same boat as most of you...it is weird that Disney hasn't announced anything major with Sea World building a new coaster, not to mention Aquatica, and IOA bringing Harry-freaking-Potter. People will be lined up in droves for that. Disney needs to get some spotlight shining in their direction. They will still outdraw all their competition anyway, so perhaps they don't feel the need to spend big bucks for the time being.

XS-Spence

Not trying to start an argument, but why is Toy Story Mania not going to be E-Ticket? E-Tickets were always reserved for the newest and most exciting attractions, not just those that had a thrill or speed element (Tropical Serenade and Jungle Cruise were E-Tickets when MK opened). Just wondering by what standard "E-Ticket" was being applied.

aladdin2007

Isnt there a hush hush e-ticket in the works for world showcase? There was a flood of electronic babble :) about that for Japan not too long ago or a ride in Germany.

sconti

Original Poster
Not trying to start an argument, but why is Toy Story Mania not going to be E-Ticket? E-Tickets were always reserved for the newest and most exciting attractions, not just those that had a thrill or speed element (Tropical Serenade and Jungle Cruise were E-Tickets when MK opened). Just wondering by what standard "E-Ticket" was being applied.

I'm applying the announcement on the level of Splash Mountain, Tower of Terror or Expedition: Everest.

lnsemsf

However, I am in the same boat as most of you...it is weird that Disney hasn't announced anything major with Sea World building a new coaster, not to mention Aquatica, and IOA bringing Harry-freaking-Potter.

Don't forget Universal's new coaster, and the Simpsons ride. I gotta say Universal has got me a lot more excited for the future than Disney. New Coaster and the whole Harry Potter experience has me a bit more excited than an American Idol stage show, and I'm about about equally excited for Simpsons and TSM.

With all this and the new coaster at Seaworld, I can easilly go spend a day in Orlando and avoid disney completely and not be upset. Its time for something big at Disney.

RSoxNo1

I'm hoping this is the calm before the storm. I'm anticipating either multiple new attractions announced this year, or Night Kingdom announced this year.

Joepic

I think Disney is taking time to focus on the smaller things right now, such as hotel and pool refurbs, not to mention ride refurbs. A lot of refurbs have gone on in the past few years. I do believe they've got something up their sleeve that's really going to be big.

We can't forget about the whole Night Kingdom thing - which I really don't want to see...

DisneyNeighbor

I know on past rumors there was going to be a major build up of Hollywood Studios. If that was true, they are going to have to get the ball rolling soon to compete with Universal and Sea World.

sconti

Original Poster
The key thing here is an "announcement" as we know it takes two to three years for an attraction to be built.

So, even with all the refurbs to existing attractions, hotel pools, etc.; we are still YEARS away from anything real big.

With Universal and Sea World making big announcements, they need to counter that with something bigger and better.

DisneyAnole

I don't know when Soarin' was announced, but it's also a relatively new E-ticket.

Skyway

I'm content with Disney's building strategy.

WDW has had a good streak of E-Tickets in the past ten years: RNRC, Test Track, Mission Space, Soarin', Everest, Dinosaur, Kilimanjaro Safari, Kali River Rapids, and presumably TSM-- on average, almost one a year.

Realistically, a theme park requires much more than E-Tickets. And since Disney only has a certain amount of money it can invest in its parks, I agree with them that the focus should now be on enhancing older attractions.

I'd easily trade a "Mt. Fuji" at Epcot for the rehabs we've seen at SSE, The Seas, Mexico, Canada, and American Adventure.

I'm glad the MK got an improved HM, PotC, and possible Space Mtn and Jungle Cruise, along with smaller shows like Philharmagic and MLF, even if it meant no "Fire Mountain" for now.

DHS needs a new Star Tours and C-Tickets like Nightmare Before Christmas and a Pixar Wild-Mouse coaster before another big E-Ticket.

Although E-Tickets draw crowds, I believe they are not as important to successful parks as you'd think.

Universal/IOA has had very few E-Tickets (or even new small attractions) for many many years. And yet check out the financial papers-- those parks generate overwelming profits every year.

For now, I'm happy riding Everest and the great classic E-Tickets of the 70's, anxious to see how some of the older attractions will be brought up to modern standards.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom