When Are the Quietest Times to Visit WDW?

LeeHarman

Hi all, :wave:

I am eagerly trying to plan a trip for 2008, and would be very grateful if any of you can pass on your advice, as to when are the quietest times to visit the magical WDW? :shrug:

We have been in July & August which were hectic as you can imagine, so we would like to try a less busier time.

Many thanks in adance for your help in this matter.

Boray

We usually go in October (the week of Halloween; our kids have off the last Thurs and Fri of October every year) and LOVE it. Due to a wedding in Charleston, SC the Saturday after Thanksgiving, we'll be there the last week of November this year instead of October. I'm expecting it to be similar to being there in October, temperate weather and no lines longer than 15 minutes. We love going in October and will probably return to that time for future trips. I'm excited about this year, however, we'll get to see the Christmas lights on this year, rather than just watching them get set up!

Upvote 0

LivinWitTheLand

We always go in Sept. Every year since 2000. There are hardly ever any lines. Last year we were there over Labor Day weekend, on that Saturday Everest was only 45 mins which I thought was not bad at all for a Saturday.

The rest of the week was dead. We have also been the 2nd and 3rd weeks of September and they are usually just as quite.

We especially found Sept. 11 to be quite. One year on the 11th we did almost everything in the MK in about 3 hours. Although it is a little weird being in a celebratory environment on 9-11, it did make it a little easier not to dwell on the horribleness of that day.

Upvote 0

BuPhilo

We went in mid-May of 2005. Just about every ride was a walk on for us. I was told we were lucky enough (I'd like to say I planned this...) to have chosen to visit during a two to three week window between the end of Spring/Easter break and the beginning of summer vacation. Without a doubt, it was the most enjoyable Disney vacation we've ever taken. We were able to do so much.

This may be a little hard to plan as Easter changes from year to year, but if possible, this was ideal.

Good Luck!

Upvote 0

KnK

We always go in Sept. Every year since 2000. There are hardly ever any lines. Last year we were there over Labor Day weekend, on that Saturday Everest was only 45 mins which I thought was not bad at all for a Saturday.

The rest of the week was dead. We have also been the 2nd and 3rd weeks of September and they are usually just as quite.

We especially found Sept. 11 to be quite. One year on the 11th we did almost everything in the MK in about 3 hours. Although it is a little weird being in a celebratory environment on 9-11, it did make it a little easier not to dwell on the horribleness of that day.

It was strange being there for 9/11. Made the whole thing a little easier to handle.

Upvote 0

DisneyGigi

We went the week after President's week this year and it wasn't crowded at all after the first couple of days. We were able to walk on alot of rides.:)

Upvote 0

bayoutinkbelle

I really love late January-early February. Was there this year at that time and will be again in 2008. The weather is gorgeous and crowds are light.

I really like October too, but it's a little more crowded. I'll be there for the last full week of October.

Upvote 0

santa's surpriz

In regards to slow times, September, October, and November are great times. I did the WDW College Program fall quarter a while back and it is definitely a down season at Disney. Granted it was years ago, I have looked at the attendance records in Passporter, it is still a historically low attendance season.

New to the forum, it's nice to have a group to share the excitement with! Frankly, my family and co-workers are getting bored of hearing my latest and most fantastic Disney idea! My countdown is 149 days and there is NOT a day that I do not mention something about my trip.

Everyone have a great day!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom