When a big effect goes down

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Original Poster
Ever been on an attraction where one of the big effects goes down and it takes some of the fun out of it? (OTHER Than the Yeti)

For example, I was on the Great Movie Ride a few weeks ago, during the gangster shootout, but the car on the right never left its "garage", so the actor and the other gangsters were shooting at an empty space. It bothered me more than most because of the fact he had to act like there was a car there, even though there wasn't

rainfully

For example, I was on the Great Movie Ride a few weeks ago, during the gangster shootout, but the car on the right never left its "garage", so the actor and the other gangsters were shooting at an empty space. It bothered me more than most because of the fact he had to act like there was a car there, even though there wasn't

That happens quite a bit I've noticed... I just recently I rode and it worked fine, then about a week later I rode and it was busted. I have no idea how ofthen they have to repair that thing but I imagine its a lot.

Studios Fan

I got stuck going up the lift hill on Big Thunder. The possums went around and around and then stopped and the train stayed stuck on the lift for a couple minutes. :)

JWG

Well... SORT of...
I got stuck in the launch tunnel for SM many years ago at WDW. You know, the blinking blue light tunnel. We were in there watching flashing blue lights for 45 minutes. I wish the effect would have broken.

On the plus we rode through SM with the lights on. In 1983 it wasn't as scary as it would have been in 2008!

the-reason14

Well... SORT of...
I got stuck in the launch tunnel for SM many years ago at WDW. You know, the blinking blue light tunnel. We were in there watching flashing blue lights for 45 minutes. I wish the effect would have broken.

On the plus we rode through SM with the lights on. In 1983 it wasn't as scary as it would have been in 2008!

Wow, I dont think Id like to be stuck at that part. How did they get you to move again, did they push the car? I would love to ride it with the lights on though.

Been stuck on 3 diff.rides:1)SM,JUST AS YOU MAKE THE DROP,for about 10min.2)POC,right where the donkey brays,I was the only one on the ride,great time then this happens!After about 20 min.I was ready to KILL ...THEN ...they corrected the prob.3)PP,stuck for awhile,they make an anouncement,turn on the lights & move us out...ride is not the same anymore!
Jim

Rinx

I hate it when the Carnatarous doesn't follow you in Dinosaur and you just see the lame head on a stick.

It also irks me a bit on Splash when the sequence with Brer Fox and Brer Rabbit is out of order on the top of the hill: i.e "Well Brer Rabbit maybe I'll just have ta skin ya!" "Go ahead, Brer Fox, hangs me if you gotta......"

The one that makes me most upset is when there is a delay to the beginning of ROE and then the show starts and the inferno barge doesn't work :fork:

joanna71985

Ever been on an attraction where one of the big effects goes down and it takes some of the fun out of it? (OTHER Than the Yeti)

That happens quite a bit I've noticed... I just recently I rode and it worked fine, then about a week later I rode and it was busted. I have no idea how ofthen they have to repair that thing but I imagine its a lot.

It does happen quite a bit, unfortunately. And it can be a pain when the car decides not to work (either is stuck inside the tunnel, or more often is stuck outside the tunnel).

Scrappyreader

My mom and I got stuck on Winnie the Pooh in the flood scene for about 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, a worker came through, opened the lap bar, and walked us through the party scene and to the end of the ride. As we were entering the party scene, I got my absolute favorite WDW picture ever of me standing next to Piglet as he is coming out of the book page with icing on his face. I got another pic of my mom next to our 'Hunny Pot'. And another of me next to the party scene. After that, the Disney cast member gave us a ticket that allowed us to ride on any ride in Fantasyland that day without waiting in line (a Family Priority entrance ticket), so we rode on Snow White. I still have the ticket and pics in my WDW scrapbooks.

Hollie

Disney_Belle

Ever been on an attraction where one of the big effects goes down and it takes some of the fun out of it?

January 09 the lights came on and the sound went off while riding HM. Just as we pulled halfway into the ballroom scene the sound when off. The doombuggy stopped. And then the lights turned on :lookaroun. We got to ride the rest of the ride with the lights on and the sound off so all you heard was the clicking and air compression of the animatronics lol.

Although, it didn't take any fun out of it for DH and I! We loved seeing everything with the lights on. I can see how it may ruin it for some people however. But I loved it lol.

Chrononymous

Having no sound would have been nice the first time I ever rode IASW!

No effects broken...but there was a stall.
25 minutes of sitting in one spot.
Trouble was...that spot happened to be in the entryway between two rooms.

So the only visual was the backside of the dolls from the room were were leaving.

the worst part was that we were smack in the middle of two parts of the soundtrack...so a disharmonious rendition of different parts of the (already annoying) song...in multiple languages at the same time.

drossjr

2 years ago on the safari at AK the ride vehicle blew a tire in the hippo area deep in the muddy water, we sat there in the heat for about 30 minutes while the hippos watched us!!! :lookaroun

Heres to hoping the ride not breaking down on Rock N Roller Coaster during and inversion!

glee

Haha i read this thread and thought YETI then you said (Except the yeti!) :ROFLOL:

It annoys me in the haunted mansion when it stops and all you can here is "Please step onto the platform" or some shizz like that! Ruins the spooky effect!

BrerFrog

2 years ago on the safari at AK the ride vehicle blew a tire in the hippo area deep in the muddy water, we sat there in the heat for about 30 minutes while the hippos watched us!!! :lookaroun

That sounds pretty cool to me. I wonder what I would think had I been there, though.

two times that really ruined the magic:
1. my 1st time on Space mountain in 2007- i hate roller coasters and agreed to go on because i was told was dark. well of course the lights were on for the entire ride. it totally freaked me out as i can assume disney does not do too much cleaning in there because of the darkness... you could see the whole rickity track and everything

2. my 1st time on tower of terror in 2007- the ride broke down in the middle before the drops and we had to get out and take a real functioning elevator down to the bottom and tried it again. it really kills the spooky vibe...

and EVERY time on splash mountain of haunted mansion where ppl get out in the middle of the ride and you get stopped in a random spot for a while...

DisGal

My husband and I were in the middle of a huge battle on TSMM when the screens for the second to last game was blank. Talk about a total mood killer... we got ready to continue the battle and the last screen was also blank. We were bummed, but luckily a CM let us ride again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom