Status
Not open for further replies.

Vernonpush

I think pizza and beer would hit the spot! :slurp:

Now your talkin'! :slurp:
drinking-48.GIF

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Do what I do, just swap the name tags on the rented strollers, then sit on a near buy bench and watch the show. Who needs street performers.

Oh and Im on the Pepsi Max and some fish of course

Ravenclaw87

Why are you guys drinking Pepsi?!?! Don't you know Disney is a Coca-Cola only establishment???

I figured I'd ask this while there was a stroller thread up--- any drop in strollers since the price increase? Or are there just more people bringing their own?

RogueHabit

Strollers & Wheelchairs are NOT a problem.

Inconsiderate people using them ARE a problem.

Inconsiderate people who walk straight in front of the considerate users of Strollers and Wheelchairs ARE a problem.

That is all....

Now, can I get some of that popcorn...?

raven

Get over it people... strollers are part of our lifestyle now (and they are part of our vacation lifestyle as well). The strollers are not going anywhere any time soon.

Putting aside all of the popcorn, pepsi, cookies, pizza, beer and speghetti, I will try to explain the the concern of the OP.

For a lot of non-stroller-pushing guests, the strollers seem to be taking over the "World". A lot of parents, not all, are very rude with the strollers and cut other people off, ram into their heels, block entrances to attractions while they wait for their Fast Pass times to come up, and use them to push their way to the front of viewing areas for parades and fireworks. While I can understand trying to let the kids get the best view, some parents use this as an excuse to get their 2 minutes before the show and get the best seats. I've also seen, many times, parents knock down merchandise in gift shops and not pick them up. I've seen parents sit on the Main Street curb next to the stroller with the kids sitting next to the stroller (taking up even more room).

These are all things that really irritate guests without strollers. Not every guest with a stroller does these things. But when one single bad incident happens happens to someone this is what they remember.

So please see this situation through other guests eyes and try to understand why there is bitterness here. :wave:

tigsmom

Putting aside all of the popcorn, pepsi, cookies, pizza, beer and speghetti, I will try to explain the the concern of the OP.

For a lot of non-stroller-pushing guests, the strollers seem to be taking over the "World". A lot of parents, not all, are very rude with the strollers and cut other people off, ram into their heels, block entrances to attractions while they wait for their Fast Pass times to come up, and use them to push their way to the front of viewing areas for parades and fireworks. While I can understand trying to let the kids get the best view, some parents use this as an excuse to get their 2 minutes before the show and get the best seats. I've also seen, many times, parents knock down merchandise in gift shops and not pick them up. I've seen parents sit on the Main Street curb next to the stroller with the kids out f it (taking up even more room).

These are all things that really irritate guests without strollers. Not every guest with a stroller does these things. But when one single bad incident happens happens to someone this is what they remember.

So please see this situation through other guests eyes and try to understand why there is bitterness here. :wave:

These are the same people who do this out in the real world too. :brick:

WDW is a place for families, young and old, kids and childless so if you are going to visit then you have to deal with it. I have a big scar on my ankle from one of those old metal strollers (with the blue vinyl), I have cigarette burns on my arm where I had to protect my little one's face from a jerk who didn't care who he hit, I've been run over by an ECV when I couldn't get out of the way fast enough (the woman she hit after me got a broken foot for her troubles). Just because you are on vacation it doesn't mean you can leave your smarts at home, you keep your eyes out on the road, in the mall, parking lots, etc and you have to put up with rude people so you have to do the same at WDW. That is unless you are rich enough to have the place closed down for your personal pleasure. :lol:

It's a pain, but it's part of doing business with WDW and every other amusement park you go to. :shrug:

For a lot of non-stroller-pushing guests, the strollers seem to be taking over the "World". A lot of parents, not all, are very rude with the strollers and cut other people off, ram into their heels, block entrances to attractions while they wait for their Fast Pass times to come up, and use them to push their way to the front of viewing areas for parades and fireworks. While I can understand trying to let the kids get the best view, some parents use this as an excuse to get their 2 minutes before the show and get the best seats. I've also seen, many times, parents knock down merchandise in gift shops and not pick them up. I've seen parents sit on the Main Street curb next to the stroller with the kids sitting next to the stroller (taking up even more room).

Very well said!
:wave:

daliseurat

I don't use a stroller for my 6 year old at home but i did rent them in the parks when we there during the last two weeks. This is simply because of the heat, she might be well able to get around without one at home but its a different story in the florida heat. I'm amazed anyone has a problem with it to be honest when we're talking about children. Also although some people might be inconsiderate to others while using them, this doesn't mean we all are.

I don't mean to take a shot at people using a stroller for a six year old in the heat. And I don't believe all stroller folks are inconsiderate.

But there are a lot of inconsiderate folks, and they seem to be overpowering the considerate one these days.

Kelsybelle

My husband and I have been visiting WDW our whole lives, with our own families, as boyfriend and girlfriend, married and now with our little girl. I'm now one of those dreaded stroller people. I have never had any issues with stroller people until I became one! I was hit from behind by someone pushing their child in a stoller while I was pushing mine! This woman rammed my heels so hard and just kept on going. I know not everyone is like that, I'm not like that but it is just something that we are all going to have to deal with in WDW and in the real world too.
Now back to my spaghetti.......

KristieLC

Unfortunately, not everyone will be happy. While there may be a lot of strollers, and some inconsiderate "pushers", the flip side would be some children who are not in strollers, knocking things down in gift shops or running around and being unruly or excited - I am sure it happens now. A stroller would help that situation. All we can do is act how we want others to act and hope for the best. I seriously doubt strollers are ruining anyone's vacation, and like other's have said - for some it is a necessity.

For me, I am unsure what we will do on our upcoming trip. My 4 year old has not sat in a stroller in a long time. I understand little legs getting tired, but we don't really plan to speed race, so stopping to see shows or take breaks should be good enough. I also can't stand the inconvenience of pushing an empty stroller around, and finding a "parking space" and then trying to get out of that "space" later on, with every other stroller parent. That being said - since we are driving down, I will probably throw ours in the car just in case.

Dabeast

Do what I do, just swap the name tags on the rented strollers, then sit on a near buy bench and watch the show. Who needs street performers.

Dear Pumbas,
My family and I would like to go to Disney with you the next time you go...would you like some company??? :ROFLOL:Dinner's on us!!! I get my best laughs reading your post.

Club Cooloholic

Parents using their kids to shove their way to front of any view thing is not anything new. Years ago my girlfriend (became wife) were at the DC zoo, and we waited patiently to get a good view of an orangatan sitting close to a window, before I knew it a mother push her kids right in front of us from out of nowhere and started saying "Look at the monkey kids look at the monkey!" I thought...hmm very rude but backed off.
The funniest thing is the kids weren't even that interested.

raven

Parents using their kids to shove their way to front of any view thing is not anything new. Years ago my girlfriend (became wife) were at the DC zoo, and we waited patiently to get a good view of an orangatan sitting close to a window, before I knew it a mother push her kids right in front of us from out of nowhere and started saying "Look at the monkey kids look at the monkey!" I thought...hmm very rude but backed off.
The funniest thing is the kids weren't even that interested.

That's funny. You could have been talking about the Minnesota Zoo as well. I was there a few weeks ago and the same thing happened. The Bear exhibit was crowded and people used strollers to puch ahead. We had strollers as well but chose not to shove the kids in that mess.

EmOhYouEssE

It just amazes me to look back at the pictures of our family trips in the early 70's to MK and there wasn't a stroller in sight. Apparently, in 30 plus years, children are unable to walk in amusement parks anymore :shrug:.

Makes me wonder who the stroller is really for, the child who would be happy just seeing the characters and parades, or the parent that must get on every single ride as fast as they can without that bothersome holdup of having to wait for their child or walk their child's pace :shrug:.

Em

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom