What's your favorite souvenier from WDW.

martinthesparta

Original Poster
What's your favorite souvenier you have brought back from WDW, bought or not? My favorites are the C3PO figure I got from star tours, a twisty mickey straw, and the pictoral souvenier my parents bought me back in 1988 when I was 6.

GrumpysGal

Mine would have to be my Share a Dream Come True Parade float of Tinker Bell snowglobe. I remember first seeing it in the Emporium with my dad and grandmother. I stopped and took like this huge gasp for air when I saw it. I thought it was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. They knew I wanted it so badly. But when we saw the price, we kinda shyed away from it. As we were leaving the park, my grandma and dad walked up to me with a huge bag and to my surprise, they secretly purchased it for me! I will never forget it. :D I guess it's my favorite souvenir, not only because it's so beautiful, but because it has more meaning to me since it was surprise from my grandmother and father!

BwanaBob

I'd have to say it has changed over the years.

Currently, its the 'etched' block of glass with the pic of my daughters (that I 'fell for' at JII)

But hey!...the pedestal it comes with is pretty neat!:rolleyes:

Chux

I got a cool Jedi Mickey from Star Wars Weekends... I also liked the big Jack Skellington and Santa Jack plushes I got from Villains in Vogue.

STGRhost

I have far too much crap (I mean, lovely stuff) from WDW to list, but I really like my Doug Live! mug, and my Skippy doll.
And My "D" pin (which I absolutely should not have, but which my manager was able to "overlook" at my checkout:lookaroun )

I have a bunch of CM Only stuff that I think is cool (but no one I know really cares about). Some of my favs are my opening day coins from the Studios, DCA, and Tokyo DisneySeas.

My fav from Disneyland is a Tour Guide Mickey beanie. I love it because he's dressed in a mini version of the GR costume.

Ringo8n24

The silver coated roses I bought at Liberty Square. They are holding up really well. I only have six and they told me you cannot get them anymore. I wish I had a full dozen.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
my freebie Stella Artois :slurp: t-shirt from Pleasure Island :lol:

Merlin

Account Suspended
Difficult to narrow it down to just one. But here are a few....

- Animal Kingdom soundtrack (Think what you want about this park, but I've always loved the music that plays there and I listen to the soundtrack all the time. It is like new age. I love it!)

-Miniature versions of the ride vehicles from Test Track and Dinosaur. These are just so unique as far as souvenirs go. I have them displayed on my desk and people always ask about them.

-Crash Test Goofy. Need I say more?

-Maps and guidebooks from my countless visits.

-Photos I've taken over the years. It's cool to see how things have changed.

barnum42

Originally posted by mkt
my freebie Stella Artois :slurp: t-shirt from Pleasure Island :lol:
Would I be far off the mark to assume the t-shirt was marinated in that particular brew? :lol:

My fave souvineer is from my first trip - a cell used in the production of "The Rescuers".

BrerPete

My favorite are the refillable mugs you get at the resorts. The ones that are like 9.99 or something and you can get unlimited refills at the food court of the resort. Not only to quickly make up my investment in coffee and tea for my wife, but I continue to use the mug when I get home. I'm still using my Mara Cup (AKL) from our 2002 visit.

I will say that all mugs are not created equal. The Boardwalk mug holds 25% less than the Mara mug.

djmatthews

Pins and mousemats.

Every time I've been to WDW, I get a mousemat. I have a 25th one, 100YOM one and now a "Where the Magic Lives" one.

I also love pins too!

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by barnum42
Would I be far off the mark to assume the t-shirt was marinated in that particular brew? :lol:

oh, that would be grand indeed

MagicalMonorail

One of mine is a picture frame I got last year. It has all the characters around it, and it's mainly the the characters you see in MK. I think the theme of it is 4 parks 1 World. It plays "Zip-a-dee-doo-dah" when you wind it up.

I also have a porcelain figure of Sorcerer Mickey. It reminds me so much of classic Disney.

Oh and the magic rags. Gotta get the magic rags!

Chape19714

I have a few favorites:

-PINS, PINS, PINS, I have probally over 100 now. My requirement to purchase a pin (to make the pin mean something) You must either meet that charactor, or ride the ride, see the show, etc.

-Maps, My family and friends go to Disney often and ask me how to get around, that's where the maps come in all 4 parks, Downtown Disney, Transprotation, etc. use a Sharpie and show them where to go!! They also make for colorful and interesting buliton board papers!

-The popcorn Souvineer Buckets, call it wierd, but it's neat. They also make a great place to store stuff. They really help keep everything together and don't look that bad with the lids on.

djmatthews

Originally posted by Chape19714
I have a few favorites:

-PINS, PINS, PINS, I have probally over 100 now. My requirement to purchase a pin (to make the pin mean something) You must either meet that charactor, or ride the ride, see the show, etc.

I agree with you here. I don't buy the pins just for the sake of it. I have to have been on a ride, visited a park or resort etc.

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
Animal Kingdom Sountrack

Hey Merlin:

How good is that CD? Does it have very "soothing" style songs on it? I've heard a couple of soungs from the soundtrack on LIVE365, and I like what I hear. Thinking about purchasing it. Just wanted your advice on it.

Thanks,

Brian

Pippa

My fave souvenir is from the Adventurers Club of course! On our first trip we got our Kungaloosh cocktails in the souvenir canteen mug and now we take them back every trip, they always get commented on from the CMs! Apparently they change hands on Ebay for ridiculous sums of money now!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom