Whats your favorite song off of a disney movie

GoofyFan1

"I Won't Say I'm In Love" by Meg in Hercules. My youngest goes around singing it all the time, right down to the growling "Get off my Case"

Zipadeedoodah

I know I've already added to this thread...but I just thought of a couple more of my favs!!

Good Company from Oliver and Company (It's so cute!)
Someone's Waiting for You from The Rescuers (Beautiful!)

I'm sure there'll be more! haha:lol:

celticdog

Originally posted by BRER STITCH
"Fortuosity" from "The Happiest Millionaire" is one of my favorites.
Seldom heard or seen anymore, but still a good one!

If you have never herad of or seen the movie, look it up some day!

:sohappy:

Good movie. "Are We Dancing" is song i prefer from that movie. The soundtrack was just recently re-released.

My favorite songs from movies are:

Mine, Mine, Mine (Pocohontas)
I'll Try (Return to Neverland)

LadyDarling

Currently...

"Look Through My eyes" From Brother Bear, as it had a lot of relevance from my last trip. I took a friend who is terminally ill and, as most terminally ill patients, suffers from bouts of depression. I took him to Disneyworld to give him a rosier outlook and a "look through my eyes" at all the wonder and good things man and the world has to offer. It worked! He still talks about the trip months later! :)

but I've never met a song I didn't like! :)
~Jay

cookiee_munster

I've already said jack skellington's "what's this" which i love! ends quite suddenly though, the song on the soundtrack should have somehow been changed to have a different ending...

and then i've just thought, never really been to keen on bambi, but i do remember enjoying the April shower song from that movie...

oh and of course the oogie boogie song! someone in Disney please can we have some kind of attraction/show for this movie :) all singing etc, lol

dmmgp2000

Wow what a great thread!

Aladdin's "A Whole New World" is probably one of the most beautiful songs ever, both lyrically and musically. That's #1 on my list.

A close 2nd is "When You Wish Upon a Star" because not only is it Disney's anthem, it's also an amazingly powerful, heart-tugging song. When I got older and finally realized what the lyrics say, I was blown away at how beautiful it is.

I haven't seen this on the thread yet, probably because it's not from a movie, but one of my favorite Disney songs is "The Mickey Mouse Club March"

Tramp

Favorite

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes".........classic.

(Close second even though you didn't ask: "When you wish upon a star"

Both capture the essence of Disney magic.:wave:

MartyMouse

Wow this is difficult –
I have a few -

“Why Should I Worry” – Oliver and Co. (Because Billy Joel is the best)

“A Whole New World” (movie version) – Aladdin (Because I fell in love to it, of course that ended in disaster, great song anyway)
“The Mob Song” – Beauty and the Beast (It’s just a well written great song)

“When She Loved Me” – Toy Story 2 (Holy cow that is one sad song)

“Seize the Day” – Newsies (It was that song that motivated me to put on a stage version of Newsies)

“Out There”, “God Help the Outcasts” (movie version)
and “Heaven’s Light/Hellfire” – The Hunchback of Notre Dame (that movie represents the pinnacle of Disney movie music)

“Endless Night” – The Lion King Broadway (Not having seen my father in over 10 years and then loosing my grandfather, as a male this song hits home – but once you see it live it’s 100 times more powerful)

If I had to pick just one it would be –
“If I Never Knew You” from Pocahontas, but not the single by All For One - the Mel Gibson movie version, the only place I have ever seen it was on the Pocahontas Laser Disc, why Disney didn’t put it on the DVD I’ll never know. If you haven’t heard it, you’re missing out on possibly the most powerful song written for a Disney film, when seen in context of the movie you can see why they had to cut it – it was just so darn sad.

You know as I write this perhaps “Baby Mine” from Dumbo would be my top pick.

See this is hard.

MartyMouse

Wow I thought of few more –
See this is very hard –

“Second Star to the Right” - Return to Neverland (I expected the movie to stink but it wasn’t half bad and this song stands out like jewel in a less than perfect crown)

“I'll Make a Man Out of You” – Mulan (I don’t care what B.D. Wong says Donnie Osmond did a great job)

“Go the Distance” – Hercules (I don’t normally like Michael Bolton but I think he did a great job with this song – better than the movie version)

“Duck Tales” – Duck Tales: Treasure of the Lost Lamp (Let’s face it that is one catchy song – “Duck Tales – WooHoo”)

“After Today” – A Goofy Movie (A highly under rated sound track – this song was like straight out of a stage show – Tom Snow and Jake Feldman did an awesome job)

“How Long Must This Go On” and “If I Can’t Love Her” – Beauty and the Beast Broadway (what guy hasn’t felt like that at least once in his life? – I never thought I could relate to the Beast.)

“Feed the Birds” – Marry Poppins (What can you say about this song that hasn’t been said – it’s easy to see why Walt liked it so much)

See it’s hard to pick only one.

Nintendo18

I go through many favorites of disney song's from their movies. At the time being my favorite song is He Mele No Lilo from Lilo and Stitch.

darkeyeliner

"a dream is a wish your heart makes" is the ring tone on my cell phone. :)

i have to say though - Part of Your World is my favorite song from a disney movie. i listen to it all time. :D

Dizknee_Phreek

well, if it HAS to be from a movie :animwink: (i'm a BIG fan of the park music)

*in no specific order...

- Chim Chiminey
- Spoonful of Sugar
(i'm sure there's more from Mary Poppins that i can't remember)
- ALL from 1st Toy Story...Randy Newman is awesome
- Under the Sea
- Everybody Wants to be a Cat (the sax version for Disney TV's PI segment was great...wish i could find a full version of that!)
- Bare Nessecities
- I Wanna be Like You
- most of the songs from Pocahontas, especailly Steady as the Beating Drum (i REALLY need to watch that movie again. and i don't think it gets as much credit as it should)

well, that's all i can remember at the moment. i'm sure there's more, but i just can't think right now. :)

Jungle Skipper

I LOVE Feed the Birds

Feed the Birds is one of my favorites! But just about any of them work for me! :lol: Can you feel the love tonight is great....So this is love has sentimental value too. ::sigh:: I love Disney! :)

Jungle Josh

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom