Whats your favorite song off of a disney movie

MagicalMonorail

I don't think I've ever heard a song from an animated Disney movie that I didn't like. The only one that is sort of annoying is the Pink Elephants on parade from Dumbo. My favoritre songs are the romantic songs such as:
-Can you Feel the love tonight
-A Dream is Wish your heart makes
-Some day my prince will come

and the list goes on. I like all the slow ones as well as a lot of the faster paced ones. I also have this interesting ability to name any Disney song just by the tune. I can usually sing a few lyrics too. I found this out when 2 CM's in World of Disney quizzed me once. They played the song and I had to name the song and the movie it was from. I only missed 1 out of 4 and they were impressed. I got my first 2 pins from them. Thanks guys!

Bimmy56

Definitely - When you Wish Upon a Star. I can't get through it dry - eyed. ( I used to think that it was "like a boat out of the blue")

bucklmd

Bimmy56, you are SO right. I can't get through When You Wish Upon a Star without a couple of tears. It is SO magical. I want to play it at my wedding someday, but I know it'll make me a big emotional mess!!!

OK, my other favorites have been mentioned, but here goes:

-Bare Necessities (Jungle Book)
-I Wanna Be Like You (Jungle Book)

The whole JB soundtrack is great. I used to put these songs on really loud and dance in my kitchen around my golden retriever. He would start jumping around too.

Other favorites are Second Star to the Right and Someday My Prince Will Come although its impossible to sing to. Jeez, I could go on all day! Thanks for the great post. I'll have good songs in my head all day!

BRER STITCH

"Fortuosity" from "The Happiest Millionaire" is one of my favorites.
Seldom heard or seen anymore, but still a good one!

If you have never herad of or seen the movie, look it up some day!

:sohappy:

Gucci65

Originally posted by Little Mermaid
That song is from the Broadway version of Beauty and the Beast...and it's a beautiful song! I love to sing that one in the shower because of the acoustics. :D

So that's where it's from. It was on one of our Disney CD's and I couldn't figure out where it came from. I'm glad you like it too!

kellydisney

The beginning of I just can't wait to be king always gets me so psyched to either be in disney or go to disney. And You'll be in my heart reminds me of my friends from the CP, we used to clean up the Christmas Shoppe in MK to the Tarzan soundtrack and put you'll be in my heart on repeat since Tarzan just came out right before our program.

When you wish upon a star and Someday my prince will come rank high up there too! Good thread :)

Legacy

Musically... You'll Be in My Heart

Lyrically ... No Way Out from Brother Bear (read the lyrics to the real version; it's one of the darkest, but hopefilled, songs ever written)

Power-wise ... Out There from Hunchback

Emotionally ... God Help the Outcasts

Villian Song ... between Mine, Mine, Mine from Pocahontis and Gaston.

and Classically ... Feed the Birds

Best Overall Soundtrack ... Hunchback of Notre Dame (followed closely by Tarzan).

ArielLover

Little Mermaid

Little Mermaid
Earning My WDWMAGIC Ears

"Part of Your World" from The Little Mermaid. I've never heard a Disney song that I didn't like, but that one is my all-time favorite. Something about it spoke to me when I was younger--you know, that time in your life when you don't feel like you fit in. Great movie, great song.

Next trip: March 13-21

"Before a young lion became a king...before a beauty tamed a beast...before Aladdin unleashed a genie...there was a little mermaid who dreamed of something more."

I have to totally agree with this. Best song from any movie:sohappy: :sohappy:

The Scar song from Lion King is pretty cool. What is that title? Kill the King? Be prepared?

"Be Prepared." The entire Lion King soundtrack is great, and "Be Prepared" is one of my favorite villian songs ever. :D

I love this thread!

maelstrom

Why Should I Worry (Oliver & Company)
Bella Notte (Lady & the Tramp)
You Can Fly (Peter Pan)
Once Upon A Dream (Sleeping Beauty)
Be Prepared (Lion King)
Part of Your World (Little Mermaid)
Ev'rybody Wants to Be A Cat (Aristocats)
Painting the Roses Red (Alice in Wonderland)

..and way too many more. :wave:

Gucci65

Originally posted by Little Mermaid
"Be Prepared." The entire Lion King soundtrack is great, and "Be Prepared" is one of my favorite villian songs ever. :D

I love this thread!

I'm so proud!! This thread was started by my 12 yr old.

LuciferKitty

My very favorite is Golden Afternoon from Alice in Wonderland, but I also love: You Can Fly, Be Our Guest, & When You Wish Upon a Star

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom