What's your favorite ride to go on after dark

rackman

Front row on Everest at night rocks. You can see the other parks lit up when you are at the top and the ride up the first lift gives you a wonderful view of the Tree of Life under stage lighting conditions.

JustPlainBill

I first experianced the Haunted Mansion in 1972 at night when I was seven years old. Everytime I go back I have to repeat the experiance. The best part is the wait outside at night looking up the hill at the mansion as the lightning flashes, listening to the wolf howl anticipating what waits for you with in. When a cool breeze hits you in the back of the neck, it gives you an extra chill. It scared me when I was a little boy, I can't wait to take my daughters on the ride in 2007 when they will experiance it for their first time. The Haunted Mansion is no longer scary for me but I like remembering what is was like when it was.

Mia319

Big Thunder Mountain & Splash Mountain are my favs.... but i'm interested in trying Tower of Terror at night (even though i'm scared to ride it in the daylight)... i want to see what its like when the doors open at night!

brertigger

My favorite nighttime ride is EE. The view is amazing, especially at night.

My second favorite nighttime ride is BTM. I love this ride! I once went on it over 10 times after dark. The whole area over there looks very cool at night, in my opinion.

SallyShine

MK is at it's very best at night. We went on JC in April at night (for the first time) and I think it was much better than during the day.

Steamboat_Kevin

Splash Mountain, especially during EMH. No lines and having an entire log to yourself = Surreal experience.

The parks are so awesome during EMH, my cousin and I were literally running through the Magic Kingdom to make sure we got on everything we could for that one hour we had (Don't worry, there were no people around that we were running into).

WelshBatman

Big Thunder Mountain is great at night, Splash Mountain too, but a cool one is Aladdin's Magic Carpets, that was pretty neat, that and Astro Orbitor.

makonyy15

I've got to agree with Splash Mountain! The views are spectacular and I don't know what specifically, but it's just great! Haunted Mansion is also awesome at night and I highly recommend it.

As for Everest at night, it's simply amazing! It's something that everyone should definitely try!

rbrower

Oh, and also my friend (the same one as mentioned before) used to ride the chair lifts at night during the fireworks and they new exactly when to get on so that they would be going off right about when Tinkerbell was flying.

diddy_mouse

BTMRR is definitely my top favorite. Others include: Splash, HM, Dumbo (the only time i get to ride it :lookaroun ) TTA, Small World (it looks pretty all lit up, okay!), and Test Track

KaliSplash

Splash Mountain, far and away. Probably because that's the one we've done most at night!

But yes, Big Thunder is extremely very good at night, as is the Jungel Cruise and the Tomorrowland Transit Authority.

And yes, waiting for the Haunted Mansion or the Tower of Terror at night is a thrill.

I seem to recall we've done Kali at night, too, and that's a different experience. Haven't ridden Everest yet but bet that's a good one, too!

DigitalDisney

- BTMR for sure. Splash is neat-o too.
- TTA is cool just because Tomorrowland is awesome at night
- The outside part of Test Track is great at night too

LilRoo714

TTA, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, and Jungle Cruise (if you can get the skipper to do a dark run with no lights on the boat, which allows you to sense the proximity of the ride to main street especially during Spectro)

Really we like MK at night the best:king:

CRO-Magnum

So many to choose from...

I'd have to say The Haunted Mansion. I'll go on it 3-4 times in a row right before park closing. In Disneyland it's Pirates but the WDW version is kinda lame (late night Matterhorn is cool too!).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom