What's your favorite ride to go on after dark

mitchk

Original Poster
What's your favorite ride to go on after dark? Mine is the Jungle Cruise. It makes everything on the ride seem more lifelike. You really feel like you are in the jungle. I also enjoy Big Thunder Mountain at night, especially when the fireworks are going off. I think Expedition Everest would be pretty cool at night, but Animal Kingdom rarely stays open past dusk. :brick:

poohbear6103

I know this sounds weird because it's mainly an indoor ride but I like Splash Mountain. I like seeing darkness just as the ride starts to make the big drop and then going along on the water in the dark as you go back in.
I also like Magic Carpets of Alladin during Wishes. It's nice to go on there and be lifted up towards the fireworks so to speak. It's not the best view in the world for the fireworks but it sometimes feels like they are above you and you can still here the music. Also TTA for a different view of things.
Boy I wish I was there right now:cry:

metscool

I want to try Everest. But by days end the lines are long and I don't want to wait to ride it. I like riding ToT and TT.

MissM

I agree that Big Thunder is fun at night. I've actually ridden it during Wishes and you get some neat (if quick) views of the fireworks as you race through the mountain. Especially when you get to the top of the lift.
-m

Carolwood

Big Thunder Mt. for sure and while not a ride I love going in the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House at night (Dusk)... a much better experience at night and some great views of the MK.

jvenegas

BTM is great at night but I also like the Jungle Cruise a lot 'cause darkness tends to mistify the ride and give it some sort of jungle reality if you may.

MKCP 1985

The Haunted Mansion at night is a totaly different experience, the biggest being the outdoor waiting in the queue. It actually becomes a little . . . haunting. The same holds true for Tower of Terror, and those are my favorites.

Another ride that is enhanced at night is Astro Orbiters. If you've ever been up in that spinner at night while a parade is going on or the fireworks are going off - it is a whole different experience, in a good way!

Overall, I'd say the Magic Kingdom park experience is the most different when comparing day to night. It is my favorite park to be in during the late night hours. :)

slappy magoo

Overall, I'd say the Magic Kingdom park experience is the most different when comparing day to night. It is my favorite park to be in during the late night hours. :)

Not surprising, since it seems to have the greatest number of out-door attractions. Or at least, partly out-door attractions (like those few seconds in Splash Mountain). Of course, that's just my opinion, and to be fair, I've never taken advantage of Animal Kingdom's EMH, and since it tends to close around dusk, it's hard to gauge how cool it would be at night. However, considering that most people say the animals are more animated in the morning, and that Kali River Rapids is kinda lame for a rapids-ride, I'd probably rather spend night hours in MK, followed closely by just soaking in the scenery in World Showcase.

HudsonHornet

Bar none.....the best ride at night is........

..............Space Mountain!!!!!

(ok....as much of you might have noticed I'm a relative newbie here....but I've been here long enough to relize there is a lack of sarcasm identification problem. Just to help those that are sarcasm identification challenged....yes I am kidding)

Have a great weekend everyone!!

iheartdisney91

I agree that Big Thunder is fun at night. I've actually ridden it during Wishes and you get some neat (if quick) views of the fireworks as you race through the mountain. Especially when you get to the top of the lift.
-m

yeah! i know it actually scared me because i thought the track was breaking because of the loud fire work snaps! lol i actually like going on... hmmm... potc i have no idea why LOL i guess cuz its tredition:wave:

iheartdisney91

The Haunted Mansion at night is a totaly different experience, the biggest being the outdoor waiting in the queue. It actually becomes a little . . . haunting. The same holds true for Tower of Terror, and those are my favorites.

Another ride that is enhanced at night is Astro Orbiters. If you've ever been up in that spinner at night while a parade is going on or the fireworks are going off - it is a whole different experience, in a good way!

see the thing about the haunted mansion is that it looks cool yeah deffinatly! but the mansion is always supposed to be night time (one of the many stories i have read)and if you go at night its night any way. you get it? like when you go to the piano scene you see the darkness.;)

PintoColvig

BTMRR is definitely a better experience at night. Splash is great when the fireworks are going off as is Astro Orbitor.

One attraction I especially like after dark is the Riverboat. Great night time views of Splash, BTMRR, and HM! It is especially cool when the evening parade is going but it's been a long, long time since I've seen the parade from it. When the riverboat is operating, do they still run it during the parade? Anyone know?

xtimMOOthyx

Definately the TTA, but Splash Mountain is a good one, too. Test Track seems faster at night, and TOT is creepier. I would love to ride Everest at night, and hopefully it will get dark earlier.

13 DAYS!

jonesenon4

:sohappy: for my family the haunted mansion is a must do at night it seems so much better then. another we love at night that i have not seen on the thread is astro orbitor you get the best views of the park the lights everything. and if you get there for fireworks best seat in the house. 8 more days and we'll in the magic.can hardly stand the wait already started packing,see ya real soon.:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom