Whats your Favorite part of TTA?

poohbear6103

I LOVE "Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders". And the lady's voice, especially when she says something about keeping "tentacles" inside the ride vehicle. I also love going through SM. The best was when we went through while SM was lit. That was great! I just think it is such a nice relaxing ride. Plus, nothing beats the heat better than feeling the breeze and kicking the feet up when you're there in the August heat :)

27 more days till the magic!!!!

English Belle

I might have remembered this wrong but . . . I think it's in the 'Jetsons' scene, there's a model of a lady sitting in a chair and for a few years she had her skirt pulled up a bit too high giving quite a revealing view. When we went last May, she was back to her former respectable self. That was always my favourite, wondering if it was an "official" joke or not. Anyone else remember this?

minnie2000

I love this ride, because I first went to WDW as a child in 1978, and I didn't get to go back until 1996. I love this ride, because it feels like I am back in the 70s, and I get all nostalgic....

col

Scooter said:
Yes...I realize that you can indeed cheat the system and Smuggle drinks and food on board TTA.

I just think the poster who said originally that he or she liked to sit back, relax and have a drink and a snack on TTA gave the forum members here the impression that drinks and snacks were allowed on TTA and I wanted to clarify that they aren't allowed.

I would hate to see someone have to throw away their snacks or drinks before boarding TTA because of misinformation they received on this board.

I was trying to be helpful.

i was only giving that as an example -i have seen worse like when people put burgers into there pockets then get then out when on the ride or when people buy the big turkey legs or whatever meat it is and wrap them in tissue or paper and eat them going onto the ride.

on some occassions i have been told that no food or drink can be taken onto the ride which i agree with so i just stand aside and drink it which i dont mind doing.theres no point making a big scene.

coltow

HoW said:
The fact that they usually let me run through it a second and/or third time, without ever getting off, so that I can continue my nap! :snore:

....or a child's nap.

My family found this on one of our first trips. There was almost always someone in our group too small for Space Mountain so the child and at least other member of the family would ride continuously until they spotted the rest of the group inside. It has now become one of "not to be missed" attractions. The calmness of it among the chaos of tomorrowland is unreplaceable.

PBarton

PBarton said:
"NOW APROACHING MICKEY'S STAR TRADERS"

That loud booming voice is my favourite thing, also the cool chilled out music as you speed around the loop, total relaxation...
Just remembered something...

As we pass by the window of Mickey's Star Traders, we always look out for the dust that has built up on top of the shelving units just infront of the windows LOL..

Wow 5 pages + of great TTA moments. Goes to show how popular this ride is - note to WDW suits "Never close it" !!

SewIn2Disney

MeTa said:
Mines the conductor or whatever you want to call the voice that speaks everytime you go through a part of tomorrowland. I even have it as my ringtone. "tomorrowland metro liner non stop now approaching rocket tower plaza...." I love that.
I was all set to say that my favorite part was the "Paging Tom Morrow" part, and that I've always wanted it as my cell phone ringer. I've ridden it over and over trying to record that statement as a voice memo (to transfer as a ringer) but I can never seem to get it. Where did you get your ring tone?

PS, if anyone knows where I can download the Paging Tom Morrow clip, or any other clip from that ride let me know. Thanks!

LaughingGravy

My favorite part of TTA is that it's still there, part of the original vision of "Tomorrowland". That and CoP I think are the only things true to the original vision still remaining. It's a relaxing, quiet ride.

Hey, speaking of quiet rides, are there any boats cruising the Rivers of America these days? Not to thread drift too much, but there were no Davy Crockett canoes ( I think summer only, no?), no paddle wheeler, and certainly no keel boats(long gone) when we were there in October. There are no Swan boats, also long gone. It seems like a big waste, along the lines of the 20K lagoon being vacant for so many years.

EchoOfOphelia

I like the 'no line' and the 'sitting' part :)

I still call it the WEDway People Mover.. I guess its just habit, but it just sounds more "1950's transportation of the future"-esq. I love the relaxation part of this ride. Its just a nice, breezy ride..

It was neat seeing aerial photos of tomorrowland, I never realized how big the track was.

Skippy

This no line thing. awesome, yes... Unless you were there last year the week after easter. I saw the TTA at about a ten / fifteen minute wait!! And the park wasn't really that busy either.

schroder6452

TiggersPooh said:
my favorite "PLEASE REMAIN SEATED THIS RIDE HAS...."
muahahaha

or there was the adventure of trying to get guests out of the car before the end of the moving platform...

Totally agree with you Space Ranger. Oh, also how about the adventures of 15 guests pouring on to the turntable at once and trying to them into the cars before the doors shut.

I loved our spiels too "Attn TTA passenger, please remain seated at ALL times...."

TiggersPooh

schroder6452 said:
Totally agree with you Space Ranger. Oh, also how about the adventures of 15 guests pouring on to the turntable at once and trying to them into the cars before the doors shut.

I loved our spiels too "Attn TTA passenger, please remain seated at ALL times...."

lets not forget turning the cameras on to watch them youngins in the dark tunnels! :lol:
OR having people jump car to car and even out of their car just to have security called on them :fork:

KrazyKemp

The TTA is a great place to kick back and relax while you are waiting for your Fastpass return time to come around.

I love the view of SM...especially when the lights are on. (which seemed pretty often, last time I was there.)

We actually made it a game...made bets on when the ride would be up and running, and the lights off again. I was closest...5 cycles of the TTA. :lol:

Edeyore

My favorite part about TTA is that neither I nor anyone with me has ever been sick on this ride. I used to say that about Spaceship Earth, but that is another story. :lol:

mitchk

The people mover is something I have to ride at least once during our trip (people mover, TTA, same thing, I just always remember my first trip in 87' with my grandparents, and my Grandma kept calling it the people mover) My favorite part is "Now approaching Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress" That always makes me smile :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom