what's your favorite live action disney movie?

barnebd5

Original Poster
We alll know that there have been mny very good lie action disney movies, not all of them have been big hits but have been pretty good movies, I wanna know what are soem of your favorite disney live action movies, modern and old.

TOP 5:
1.Cool Runnings-I just saw this one once and I have always lovd it from that moment on.

2.Remember the Titans-What can I say, sport movies always get me especiallly when there are good actors in it, Denzel you da man:lol:

3.Who Framed Roger Rabbit?- I guess you could count it, I love this movie!

4.The original Parent Trap-Haley Mills is a good actress.

5.Mary Poppins- Great, great, great...Julie Andrews, and my personal favorite ________ Van I just think he's awasome.

Live Actions hopefuls favorite:

I haven't seen Pirates of the Carribean yet, but I always have heard good things, so Im' sure it'll be an instant favorite.

Haunted Mansion, I'm kinda optomistic about this one but I think just from the trailer it has a good look to it and looks like it stays true to the attraction, and many people prolly won't agree with me but I think Eddie Murphy is really funny, even in a family sense so we'll see what happens.

now your favorites please?

barnebd5

Original Poster
excuse some of the typos(mistakes), my computer is moving a little slow today, oh wait it moves slow everyday:lol:

RPMdfw

I have to say the original Parent Trap with Haley Mills. I also have to admit that Pollyanna (with a younger Haley Mills) is a guilty pleasure.

I also loved the original Freaky Friday with Jodie Foster.

I also loved the Kurt Russel movies in the late 60's. There were a few of them. In one he invents an invisibility spray, in another he gets superhuman strength. They were complete fluff, but lots of fun.

Speaking of complete fluff, my family had memories of watching "The Snowball Express" at the drive in (remember those) in the early 70's and laughing until we couldn't breath. Then we rented it several years back and it was DREADFUL. Must have been the magic of a family night at the drive-in or something.

Lastly, I've got fond memories of the Love Bug Movies, specificially "Herbie Rides Again"

barnebd5

Original Poster
Originally posted by ToTallToSlow112
tied for number one is POTC and Honey I Shrunk the Kids!!!!

DUUUH! I knew I was forgetting one...Honey I Shrunk the Kids, another all-time fav. of mine

General Grizz

Ah, thanks, meeko - must add Reluctant Dragon...although I am more of a fan of the cartoon itself. :lol:

"Do have a sandwich."

"Jam."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

prberk

"Old Yeller! Old Yeller! Old Yeller!

Here, Yeller, come back Yeller! Best dog-gone dog in the West...."

:sohappy:

"No, mom: I'll do it. He's my dog." :cry:

O.K., the runner-ups after Old Yeller include:

The gy Dog
Swiss Family Robinson
The Absent-Minded Professor
Snowball Express (for sentimal reasons, similar to above)
Freaky Friday (original)
Remember the Titans
Holes
Davy Crocket

And, in case they count, I liked the "Spin and Marty," "Moochie," "Hardy Boys," and "Annette" shorts that showed on the original MMC. (Yes, I saw them all in reruns. I am only 37!) :lookaroun

Cool stuff. I miss some of it. I wish it were still on to share with the younger generations again!

Wilt Dasney

Pollyanna

I think this is one of the more underrated films Disney did. The casting in this one was excellent; the cast embody their characters so believably that what could have been an extremely sappy movie ended up very sweet, in a down-to-earth kind of way. Lotsa movies I liked as a kid don't hold up to my more jaded eye these days. This isn't one. I need to watch this again.

prberk

Originally posted by Wilt Dasney
Pollyanna

I think this is one of the more underrated films Disney did. The casting in this one was excellent; the cast embody their characters so believably that what could have been an extremely sappy movie ended up very sweet, in a down-to-earth kind of way. Lotsa movies I liked as a kid don't hold up to my more jaded eye these days. This isn't one. I need to watch this again.

Great movie! It isn't underrated, though. It is has always been seen as a classic (evidenced again recently by the big DVD 2-disc DVD special edition).

It is just that Disney has just about stopped marketing any of its classics on The Disney Channel or Wonderful World anymore, or with any big national push in big media. They seem to have decided that children would never be interested in anything that is more than five years old.

And that is a shame, because Pollyanna and other movies like it have always done well when promoted, through several generations.....

Not even Mary Poppins makes it on Disney programs or channels any more.... yet she is always popular at the park!

mcurtiss

gonna resurrect an old thread rather than start a new one, as I've been thinking about this list for a while.

Mary Poppins will always be my favorite here. Just classic and "Let's Go Fly a Lite" is one of my favorite Disney songs from any genre.

Treasure Island.

POTC (1)

The Love Bug

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom