What's your favorite at MK?

WDWNooby

When we went in 2009, I'd have to say just walking through the gates of MK. It took me back to my childhood when I went to DL all of the time. As a matter of fact, weird or not, I remember tears welling up in my eyes. I was so moved by the experience. And, seeing the look on my granddaughter's and son's faces made it even more emotional. I'll never forget it.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Original Poster
When we went in 2009, I'd have to say just walking through the gates of MK. It took me back to my childhood when I went to DL all of the time. As a matter of fact, weird or not, I remember tears welling up in my eyes. I was so moved by the experience. And, seeing the look on my granddaughter's and son's faces made it even more emotional. I'll never forget it.

Such a lovely memory!

Upvote 0

onesandzeros

I know it’s silly, but I always visit the Tri-Circle D Ranch (home of the draft horses used on property) located over at the campground. It’s my off the map spot that’s a must each trip.

Upvote 0

coltow

For us its a picture. We always take a family picture on the Liberty Square bridge with castle in back ground. I have them in frames all around my house

Upvote 0

disney magic 06

We like the 'secret' footpath from Tomorrowland to Fantasyland, although I'm not sure if it's still there after the Fantasyland expansion. It is/was a lovely peaceful spot to sit on a bench with an ice cream or something, watching the trains.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
We like the 'secret' footpath from Tomorrowland to Fantasyland, although I'm not sure if it's still there after the Fantasyland expansion. It is/was a lovely peaceful spot to sit on a bench with an ice cream or something, watching the trains.

wait, where is this? does it go along the back like by the train tracks?

Upvote 0

fdcfjj

After we check-in at our resort, we head right over to MK. The first thing we do is take a family photo in front of the train station garden right after the turnstiles. Then we go to the Plaza, get a choc chip mint cone, sit at a table and take it all it. We listen to the music on Main Street, people watch and let out that long awaited sigh, we finally made it back another year. :)

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
After we check-in at our resort, we head right over to MK. The first thing we do is take a family photo in front of the train station garden right after the turnstiles. Then we go to the Plaza, get a choc chip mint cone, sit at a table and take it all it. We listen to the music on Main Street, people watch and let out that long awaited sigh, we finally made it back another year. :)

So fun!!! that just reminded me - love watching the silouettes being done and listening to the sounds on main street like the people taking music singing lens from the open window off main street! :)

Upvote 0

bethymouse

Back in 2007, I hadn't been to WDW in 10 years or so, when I saw the castle show, I was mesmerized and teary-eyed!:) My boys were 3, and their 1st encounter w/ a character was Pinocchio!:) My parents were w/ us, so the picture of my dad singing"IASW" is priceless! During the parades, the characters were shaking the boys' hands-I was just beside myself! Needless to say, been going to WDW every year since!:D

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Back in 2007, I hadn't been to WDW in 10 years or so, when I saw the castle show, I was mesmerized and teary-eyed!:) My boys were 3, and their 1st encounter w/ a character was Pinocchio!:) My parents were w/ us, so the picture of my dad singing"IASW" is priceless! During the parades, the characters were shaking the boys' hands-I was just beside myself! Needless to say, been going to WDW every year since!:D

Ahh, that is so sweet! :) I always skip that show but we should take it in.

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

We make a wish in the wishing well each trip too! :)
I also love the Kiss Goodnight - it's a new favorite thing of mine. I don't know if we'll be able to catch it, since being in the park that late probably won't happen for a while. We have fun finding paintbrushes on TSI, and I always try to get a ride on Cinderella's horse if I get the chance.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom