whats your best 'land'?

dazzer68

Original Poster
thought this might be an interesting thread....what is your favourite land in magic kingdom? not your favourite ride, but area, for theming, ambience,atmosphere, and attractions that fit the area.
i think mine is Frontierland, when you walk into that area i think it feels and look exactly how it should, the carts and stores all fit the theme, the attraction are all what i think of as 'cowboy' type attractions and the transition from one land to the other is perfect.i could spend a whole day just in this area alone.

Ella's Mommy

Soo I guess ur talking about Frontierland. Well as for me I can pick between Adventure, Fantasy, of Liberty Square?:dazzle: Thats a tough one!!!! Good idea for a thread though.

mickster

At Magic Kingdom, it's Liberty Square, with Adventureland a close second.

The best land at ANY Magic Kingdom, though, in my opinion is New Orleans Square at Disneyland.

Nansafan

Each land has its own charm for me. Walking through the castle and stepping into Fantasyland always takes my breath away. Tomorrowland means the TTA and a wonderful ride through the future. Adventureland, I'm ready to take my 3 week cruise through the rivers of the Jungle. Liberty Square, with the Gracey Mansion off in the distance, how can you not get that chilling feeling. Then there's Frontierland with 2 of WDW great mountains. We don't visit Toon Town every trip but when we do, I am transported to my son's first visit and the way his eyes lit up when we saw the great MM. I guess my favorite land would have to be Main Street USA. The anticipation I feel as we stroll down Main Street is just unbelievable. Each one of us has their favorite shop that we "have" to visit. The smells of the bakery, and then the hot dog aroma as you reach Casey's Corner, it is all that small town America should be.

Dayma

It has to be adventureland for me. I love the look and the backgroun music. It all flows really well. I didn't even mention the eggroll stand by the Aladin Carpets!

haveyoumetmark

I like Tomorrowland. If you look at it as if it's themed to sci-fi fantasy instead of the actual future, then everything fits well. Except the speedway, which should be scrapped all together anyway. :lookaroun

happymom52003

I think I'd have to say Adventureland. Now that we have kids we love (and spend alot of time in) Fantasyland, but nothing beats the feeling of crossing over that bridge to Adventureland and hearing the drumbeat music...I think it has the best entrance of any of the lands!

MattyFresh

I think it was said already, but my favorite area is Main Street. Just the feeling you get when you have returned, with the castle in the foreground, and seeing the balloons floating for kids to buy, the sounds and smells of the stores......always takes me back to my first trip.

Now to the answer for the thread.....its a toss up between adventureland, frontierland, and tomorrowland. I love the way they are decorated and the music is done. At night I think tomorrowland and frontierland are neck and neck, I love the way TMR rises up out of the trees as you approach from liberty square.

ThinkTink721

thought this might be an interesting thread....what is your favourite land in magic kingdom? not your favourite ride, but area, for theming, ambience,atmosphere, and attractions that fit the area.
i think mine is Frontierland, when you walk into that area i think it feels and look exactly how it should, the carts and stores all fit the theme, the attraction are all what i think of as 'cowboy' type attractions and the transition from one land to the other is perfect.i could spend a whole day just in this area alone.
Fantasyland!
It hosts rides from some of my favorite characters...Alice, Pooh, Snow White, Cinderella, Peter Pan, etc.
It even has a shop dedicated to my all-time favorite-Tinkerbell!:king:
I love the feeling I get when I walk through FL!
My favorite way to get there is to walk through the castle...it almost feels magical!!!
:wave:

jiminy.cricket

I guess my favorite land would have to be Main Street USA. The anticipation I feel as we stroll down Main Street is just unbelievable. Each one of us has their favorite shop that we "have" to visit. The smells of the bakery, and then the hot dog aroma as you reach Casey's Corner, it is all that small town America should be.

I never noticed these threads have spell check! That's magical!

Woo hoo! Without a doubt, it's Main Street for me too. It's just the epitome of Disney; everything is charming and when you're there, you just know you've arrived. Maybe it's nostalgia for past visits. While I remain skeptical about nostalgia for small-town America, I have heard stories about tourists and people in general being nicer in the past--even just a few decades ago. My small town is not quite as pretty as Main Street, but definitely genuine and charming in its own way--and hilly, with awesome views. Anyway, I love Main Street especially early in the morning and late at night...so magical!
:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom