What's your "best kept secret" restaurant at the World?

drwadadli

Do you also feel this way about the Swan or Dolphin?
After I hit "Post", I waiting for someone to make that question.

It is true that the Swan and Dolphin aren't owned by Walt Disney Company as they are owned by Tishman Realty & Construction Corporation and MetLife and managed by Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide (which is a subsidiary of Marriott International). But these two resorts also share similar a lot of benefits that are shared among the other Disney resorts like on-site, Extra Magic Hours, complimentary parking at Disney Theme parks, and complimentary package delivery of purchases made in Disney gift stores and shops back to the resort, which are not offered at the Bonnet Creek Resorts.

As for the Bonnet Creek Resorts (if my memory is correct), the Bonnet Creek Resort area is actually NOT owned by Disney even though it is only accessible from inside the gates of The Walt Disney World Resort. Therefore, to me (and many others) these resorts are NOT considered part of The Walt Disney World Resort. They are no different then staying at the hotel somewhere else....example of Hilton Orlando near the OCCC.

So do I feel the same way about the Swan or Dolphin? No! They are no different than Shade of Green which is owned by the U.S. government on Disney property.

Dr.GrantSeeker

As many have mentioned, Trails End is definitely on the list. Bull & Bear is high up there as well.

I agree with both of these.

Bull & Bear is a phenomenal restaurant. It isn't Disney, but its better than any Disney restaurant as of lately. B&B is over at the Waldorf Astoria. Very upscale and expensive. But the service was hands down the best service I've ever received in a restaurant. It was worth every penny. Blew Disney out of the water. And I love Disney, but this was just amazing. I also that the best steak of my life here. B&B is a must now on our vacations.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Liberty Tree, Sunshine Seasons, Whispering Canyon, and Boma.... I wouldn't say any of these are "secret" by any means, but when I started going to Disney, none of these were on my radar as "must dos" and my first visit to most of these were just occasions where we hadn't made a reservation anywhere else and so we were just looking for somewhere nearby to eat... all of these surprised me greatly on our first visits to each and we generally try to get back to each of these now every visit...

"El Gran Magnifico"

Mr Flibble is Very Cross.
After I hit "Post", I waiting for someone to make that question.

As for the Bonnet Creek Resorts (if my memory is correct), the Bonnet Creek Resort area is actually NOT owned by Disney even though it is only accessible from inside the gates of The Walt Disney World Resort. Therefore, to me (and many others) these resorts are NOT considered part of The Walt Disney World Resort. They are no different then staying at the hotel somewhere else....example of Hilton Orlando near the OCCC.

So do I feel the same way about the Swan or Dolphin? No! They are no different than Shade of Green which is owned by the U.S. government on Disney property.

I can see your point. However, BCR hotels are only accessible via the Disney gates. You can't get to them otherwise. So, I do consider them part of the resort. Just like I would consider Benihana at Hilton Lake Buena Vista part of the Disney resort considering its a 4 minute walk from Marketplace and I don't leave the Disney gates to get there. Everything on Hotel Plaza Blvd. for that matter would to me, be a part of the resort. We can disagree about the delineation. There is no right or wrong answer. It's simply a matter of perspective. Once inside the gates, anywhere I can get to without leaving the Disney gates - to me - is part of the WDW resort.

Regarding controlling interest - There are many restaurants in Disney Springs (and Disney property) that are not controlled by Disney. I still consider places like Raglan Road, Homecoming, Boathouse, T-Rex, and Morimoto's to be "Disney" restaurants.

Last edited:

Matty H

Boma is pretty fantastic. I think it's never very crowded because of the "good food scares people" thing. But there's SO much there at that buffet - there's certainly something for everyone. I can still taste the first time I had the carrot ginger soup, mmmm, a recipe I now make at home. I'm going back there in January and can barely wait.

La Hacienda de San Angel is excellent, too, in Mexico at EPCOT. Outstanding food, and the service is like no other I've had, even in Walt Disney World. If you make a good 7:30ish reservation, get there a little early, and can get a seat near the windows, you'll have a magnificent view of Illuminations while you enjoy your coffee and dessert.

NiarrNDisney

Can't Believe I forgot to mention Las Ventanas (CSR)! The Lobster salad and Crab cakes is enough reason for me to return though my friend would say the Pork Tenderloin Medallions would be the reason to go

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom