What's your "best kept secret" restaurant at the World?

tpoly88

So I understand why the theme park restaurants get so much attention, after all that's where you spend most of your time but the more time I spend at the world the more I discover "hidden" gems.

So what's your best kept secret restaurant at the world? or maybe it's not a "secret". (remember, taste is very subjective so what I love might not float everyone's boat. no wrong answers on this one.)

I have two.
1) Olivia's at OKW. if you're looking for a great breakfast you can't go wrong here. no characters but the food is consistently good.
2) Turf club and grill at Saratoga Springs. great food and they have a prixe fix meal that is less than the DDP. for 58 bucks you get soup, salad, 16 oz steak with sides and a dessert. delicious.

anyone else have one?
My go to places are Il Mulino in the swan, you can always get in and the service is good not to mention the food, Jiko in the AKL, i love the wine list and Citricos in the GF, its always consistent and service is good, my wife an i go here almost always before the Not so Scary Mickey and Very Merry Christmas party. walk right over the mono rail and in the park in 10 min.

DisDadWoz

While it's not our top choice I agree with Il Mulino. If you want a very good meal and short on time to make a reservation this is the place to go.

Beacon Joe

I don't know its name, but there is a small stand at Animal Kingdom that serves open faced sandwiches. The lady who makes them is a sweetheart - it may take her a while to build your sandwich, but she makes them absolutely pretty and delicious. I had one with salmon on a bed of mixed greens, with a balsamic glaze. It was one of the best things I've ever had at Disney World.

JimW

Premium Member
I don't know its name, but there is a small stand at Animal Kingdom that serves open faced sandwiches. The lady who makes them is a sweetheart - it may take her a while to build your sandwich, but she makes them absolutely pretty and delicious. I had one with salmon on a bed of mixed greens, with a balsamic glaze. It was one of the best things I've ever had at Disney World.
Is it the Smiling Crocodile? https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/animal-kingdom/smiling-crocodile/menus/

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Especially if you are on the dining plan...the Polite Pig. We had 2 full slabs of ribs each of which that came with 2 sides and a beverage. Other full meals were Brisket. So much high end food for a single dining credit.

eliza61nyc

Original Poster
Especially if you are on the dining plan...the Polite Pig. We had 2 full slabs of ribs each of which that came with 2 sides and a beverage. Other full meals were Brisket. So much high end food for a single dining credit.
I haven't tried that yet. it's on my "next trip" list

Phonedave

While it's not our top choice I agree with Il Mulino. If you want a very good meal and short on time to make a reservation this is the place to go.

In the same spirit, I am going to say Yak & Yeti.

It's not a bad place, the food is decent, but here is the kicket. If you are a Landry's Culb Member (It's a Landry's restaruant) you dont need an ADR> That's how Landry's Club works, just walk up and they will seat you next.

Rainforest Cafe and T-Rex are also Landry's - but you are not going to find me in a Rainforest, and while I was expecting the worst from T-Rex, but was suprised by it, it's still not a place I really want to go to.

-dave

drwadadli

I also have two under the radar, awesome, go-to restaurants.

1. Trail's End at Fort Wilderness for breakfast. Consistently good, hearty breakfasts. No reservations needed. Just a solid buffet with eggs, Mickey waffles, fruit, yogurt, pastries, and moonshine (POG juice). Friendly servers.

2. Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge for dinner. Inventive, Northwest inspired menu. Easy to get a last minute reservation. Steaks and seafood with a regional flair. Fantastic wait staff.
I completely agree with you !!!

drwadadli

I guess I just never did (and never will) consider the Waldorf Astoria Orlando or Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek part of The Walt Disney World Resort. Even though they are theoretically within the borders of The Walt Disney World Resort, they are not part of the whole resort in my eyes. They are not controlled by Disney so therefore not part of Disney or The Walt Disney World Resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom