What's your "best kept secret" restaurant at the World?

eliza61nyc

Original Poster
So I understand why the theme park restaurants get so much attention, after all that's where you spend most of your time but the more time I spend at the world the more I discover "hidden" gems.

So what's your best kept secret restaurant at the world? or maybe it's not a "secret". (remember, taste is very subjective so what I love might not float everyone's boat. no wrong answers on this one.)

I have two.
1) Olivia's at OKW. if you're looking for a great breakfast you can't go wrong here. no characters but the food is consistently good.
2) Turf club and grill at Saratoga Springs. great food and they have a prixe fix meal that is less than the DDP. for 58 bucks you get soup, salad, 16 oz steak with sides and a dessert. delicious.

anyone else have one?

Schneewittchen

I also have two under the radar, awesome, go-to restaurants.

1. Trail's End at Fort Wilderness for breakfast. Consistently good, hearty breakfasts. No reservations needed. Just a solid buffet with eggs, Mickey waffles, fruit, yogurt, pastries, and moonshine (POG juice). Friendly servers.

2. Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge for dinner. Inventive, Northwest inspired menu. Easy to get a last minute reservation. Steaks and seafood with a regional flair. Fantastic wait staff.

Phonedave

I'll second Turf Club. It's not great, but it is consistenly good, and almost allways has tables available.

I don't know if I would call it a secret, but I was very plesanly suprised by Trattoria al Forno - great food, great service, and the prices were not bad at all. Keep in mind, this is based in the WDW bubble. All WDW dining has gone vastly downhill the last few years. So when I say good food and good prices, that is as compared to other WDW restaruants.

-dave

eliza61nyc

Original Poster

1. Trail's End at Fort Wilderness for breakfast. Consistently good, hearty breakfasts. No reservations needed. Just a solid buffet with eggs, Mickey waffles, fruit, yogurt, pastries, and moonshine (POG juice). Friendly servers.

2. Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge for dinner. Inventive, Northwest inspired menu. Easy to get a last minute reservation. Steaks and seafood with a regional flair. Fantastic wait staff.

wow, I have not been to Trails end in years. Fort Wilderness was the first resort my family stayed at over 20 years ago.

SeanWM48

wellp beat me to the punch on both locations.

ELG13

I was quite surprised with whispering canyon in ft.wilderness! We had several ts on this last trip and they all were amazing but that one surprised me the most. And the lodge is beautiful!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Id say but I don't want @Tiggerish to flog me for it...:eek:
If it's the qs I'm thinking of
upload_2017-10-11_8-51-42.jpeg

Figgy1

Premium Member
I'm surprised Sanaa isn't harder to get into, not that we want it to happen:rolleyes: For qs CHH and eat upstairs, Restaurantsaurous never seems very busy and they have a fixings bar and one in EPCOT which @lostpro9het and @Tiggerish will use my frying pan on me if it gets mentioned

disneyworlddad

So I understand why the theme park restaurants get so much attention, after all that's where you spend most of your time but the more time I spend at the world the more I discover "hidden" gems.

So what's your best kept secret restaurant at the world? or maybe it's not a "secret". (remember, taste is very subjective so what I love might not float everyone's boat. no wrong answers on this one.)

I have two.
1) Olivia's at OKW. if you're looking for a great breakfast you can't go wrong here. no characters but the food is consistently good.
2) Turf club and grill at Saratoga Springs. great food and they have a prixe fix meal that is less than the DDP. for 58 bucks you get soup, salad, 16 oz steak with sides and a dessert. delicious.

anyone else have one?

My wife and I loved turf club. It was out first dinner on our last vacation and was a good way to get things started.

Amos1784

I second anyone's Olivia's, OKW is our home away from home so I am sort of partial but I have never had a bad meal there and never had a problem just walking in.

Others:
Sanaa: Even just for the bread service alone
Territory Lounge: Great appetizer selection that you can make a meal out of, and you can get the smoked portobello soup from AP without an ADR.
Crew's Cup: Great burgers, low key atmosphere.

TXDisney

So many to choose from bc we try a handful of new dining experiences each trip. I feel like a window table at Nine Dragons is underrated with a great view of illuminations.

Driver

DW wife and I Love Olivia's can't say enough good about it. And the prices are very fare. (imo) we go there on occasion and/or when friends/family visit from out of town. And all have always been satisfied with there meals. It's easy to get into..... it's like a secret!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom