What's with the wait times!? (hint.. they're low)

Phroobar

Retail chains over buy star wars items for each movie. Since the movies are so close in release there is no way they can get rid of it all between movies. Retail is still pretending they will sell out of star wars items with each movie like they did for the prequels. That isn't the case anymore. Kids still like star wars but there is other stuff like legos and other lines that are competing. Collectors don't buy at retail anymore because nothing is ever available.

shambolicdefending

And how many movie studios would love to have a "bomb" like Solo that earned a profit of only $125 million in the theaters, not to mention the home movie sales.

While it didn't put up the ridiculously huge numbers that other Star Wars movies have, the only way it was a failure was in comparison to those numbers. On it's own it still did very well financially.

And one movie does not indicate the failure or collapse of an empire. The Emperor survived many such failures (and may not even be dead yet!)

Sure, it's a stretch to call Solo a "bomb." But, Disney paid north of $4 billion for the rights to Star Wars. They've got a long ways to go to make their money back, and Solo was definitely a financial disappointment. So far, seems like Galaxy's Edge might be, too.

Mickeyboof

Please come! Right now! Please!

Attachments

• A11A582D-E12F-4559-87D5-8CC14F87DC83.jpeg
    A11A582D-E12F-4559-87D5-8CC14F87DC83.jpeg
    80.8 KB · Views: 87

truecoat

It looks like wait times are picking up. Must be busier today.

Current wait times
RSR 65 min
TSMWM 45 min
IOEW 45 min
GRR 45 min
SOC 40 min

Indy 45 min
POC 20 min
HM 30 min
Falcon 95 min
ST 25 min
BTMR 30 min
Matterhorn 30 min
SM 35 min

mandelbrot

Disneyland's crowds have pretty much normalized this week while DCA's crowds remain a little light. That said, the conventional wisdom is that they should be much higher than normal with Galaxy's Edge recently opening.

I would argue that major new rides drive attendance spikes more than highly themed areas do. Rise of the Resistance is not yet open so GE consists mainly of highly-themed shops, a near-impossible-to-get-into bar, some very expensive merchandise experiences, and ONE ride which people seem kind of lukewarm about. The incredible design and detail of the land are overshadowed by its lifelessness. Where are all the walk-around characters and droids? Why are there ever only two stormtroopers wandering about? Why do we hear so much activity going on but never see it?

A massive ride-through attraction like ROTR will help compensate for the lack of kinetic activity in the land but that ride is not yet open--and nobody seems to know when it will. So yeah, the AP blockouts, peak ticket pricing, and expectations of crushing crowds all are major factors why GE is perceived as underperforming. But, considering it's currently an incomplete experience, I don't blame people for waiting to pay full price once the land is finally fully open.

Mickeyboof

It looks like wait times are picking up. Must be busier today.

Current wait times
RSR 65 min
TSMWM 45 min
IOEW 45 min
GRR 45 min
SOC 40 min

Indy 45 min
POC 20 min
HM 30 min
Falcon 95 min
ST 25 min
BTMR 30 min
Matterhorn 30 min
SM 35 min

They’re probably running less cars and cutting staffing for the rides, giving the appearance of longer wait times.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

yuck!! get that star wars crap out of my beautiful mansion queue. star wars anything does not belong inside the mansion gates. this would take me out of the correct mind set, mood and immersion. i would knock those over and i dont care if they kick me out of the park for doing it. it's the principal of the thing. it's like having a haunted mansion sign at space mountain.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom