What's with the wait times!? (hint.. they're low)

SeanNyberg

It really was kinda comical how shrill some people got over the summer after SWGE "flopped" when a toddler could have predicted the slowdown would be temporary. I wonder what the next thing will be that y'all are going to flip out over.

As everything turns the corner and the fruits of all their amazing labor continues to pay off we will hear the constant “Fake News!” chants. But no one will hear them over the noise of the crowds, laughter, and joyful screams. It’s like people need to be reminded that it’s okay to like things :) Everyone else does, it’s not a sign of weakness. Lol

The_Mesh_Hatter

Crazy! People will say it’s due to Bob Chapek running the rides half empty and cutting CMs to artificially inflate these numbers. But then ask them to back up that assertion with anything more than rumor from their anti-Disney echo chamber and they will flag your post and claim you’re a paid Disney hack. 😂😂😂
Sorry to break it to you, Disneyland is packed because the park is amazing and people love it.

It wasn’t anything that sinister... but hours were cut with things slower than expected. The parks have been running on a skeleton crew for months now. This week caught scheduling by surprise. There was no adjustments made to staffing to meet the increased demand.

But it’s being corrected now, so the crowds will become more tolerable. Already today, a new batch of new hires were touring the parks as part of their Traditions orientation class. The hiring freeze has been lifted.

SeanNyberg

It wasn’t anything that sinister... but hours were cut with things slower than expected. The parks have been running on a skeleton crew for months now. This week caught scheduling by surprise. There was no adjustments made to staffing to meet the increased demand.

Wow. Scheduling was caught by surprise? How do we know this?

mickEblu

It really was kinda comical how shrill some people got over the summer after SWGE "flopped" when a toddler could have predicted the slowdown would be temporary. I wonder what the next thing will be that y'all are going to flip out over.

Are you saying Galaxies Edge is suddenly bringing in these crowds in mid October and not Peak Halloween season? Galaxies Edge (Pre ROTR) in it’s current dumbed down Chapek state is still a flop. When you open a billion dollar land and it’s a ghost town all summer and Disney quickly lifts all CM blackouts and introduces a summer AP bring a friend program... that’s a flop. We ve had multiple reports that Disney themselves were freaking out And the examples I provided above would seem to prove that.

Most people knew the crowds were going to come back during the holidays. Conflating Star Wars Land “flopping” and the current Halloween crowds is just watering down the point you were trying to make. Galaxies Edge is a Flop ( or at least not a hit ) and Disneyland is still popular. Both can be true.

SeanNyberg

Are you saying Galaxies Edge is suddenly bringing in these crowds in mid October and not Peak Halloween season? Galaxies Edge (Pre ROTR) in it’s current dumbed down Chapek state is still a flop. When you open a billion dollar land and it’s a ghost town all summer and Disney quickly lifts all CM blackouts and introduces a summer AP bring a friend program... that’s a flop. We ve had multiple reports that Disney themselves were freaking out And the examples I provided above would seem to prove that.

Most people knew the crowds were going to come back during the holidays. Conflating Star Wars Land “flopping” and the current Halloween crowds is just watering down the point you were trying to make. Galaxies Edge is a Flop ( or at least not a hit ) and Disneyland is still popular. Both can be true.

I think SWGE is a hit. And most people do too.
The crowds are returning because families around the country heard about the massive crowds and rescheduled their vacations to avoid the crowds. So now we are seeing the crowds return. Also their recent huge SWGE media blitz is working.

Finally. It’s interesting when those that ride on the DLhatemachine starts cranking out “Billion dollar land is a bust!!!” Seems a little odd when the priciest feature of the land is not even open. However. Is SWGE a hit? Yes. But you’ll never concede that, so there is no point to discuss any further.

The land is PACKED this month. Yes, October is popular with Halloween, but summer is the busiest time ever. So. If you guys say that SWGE was so bad along with price hikes, people abandoned the parks. I say the summer was dead because people freaked out about the crowds and stayed away.
Let’s see who’s theory plays out more properly into October. Crowds have increased. According to you it’s because this time of year is busy. BUT. So is summer. You said summer was dead because of SWGE flop and price hikes. Welllllll. Why wouldn’t that also be the case in October???
My theory is, the parks were light in the summer because people postponed their trips due to hype everywhere. So, now, we are starting to see people who postponed a few months, starting to show up. Hence. The park is getting packed again.

My theory makes logical sense and actually holds up true for both the initial drop in attendance and holds true for the surge recently.
Yours. Fails. It’s cool though. You’re not going to change your war against SWGE. Just know your echo chamber is going to get smaller and smaller as the signs become more obvious that it’s a hit!!
Call it FAKE NEWS all you want. Everyone will be enjoying the park, including Batuu. But keep writing that fan fiction. It’s cute. A fun hobby :)

mickEblu

If summer is historically the least crowded time, it supports the whole "Star Wars is not a flop" theory. People just waited to go until now!

I think the reason it wasn’t busy this summer was because of the aggressive blackouts, price hikes, fear of crowds and bad marketing. Summer just happens to already be the least crowded season (Because of AP blackouts) but these things made it even less crowded this year. Galaxies Edge, in its current state didn’t help bring any people to the park. There was just no buzz. Lower tier APs were unblocked in late August/ early September and the parks still weren’t crowded. It took Halloween to make the parks crowded again.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Then post them. You saw them and are using them to prove a point, find them and post them. This “I saw it somewhere but I’m still going to quote them to make Disneyland look bad” game is weak, tired, and adolescent. Even if TP2000 has them, where did they come from?
What is going on in the Disneyland internet world recently? The desire for things to flop is turning people into conspiracy theorists and twisting them into pretzels to explain how any news is bad news. 😂😂😂 Meanwhile Disney is pulling in money hand over fist. 😂😂
I am not going to shift through pages to qoute and post them. you are welcome to do your own research. the point was your original statement has been proven wrong factually with numbers.

D

Deleted member 107043

You threw me off with the Star Wars “flop” reference.

How so? There's no available data proving that SWGE literally flopped other than the online fan base coalescing around the fact that attendance over the summer was slower than usual - a slowdown which can easily be attributed to Disney deliberately putting measures in place to decrease traffic.

Guest spending results for the quarter will be released soon. There seems to be an expectation among analysts that strong spending will offset the attendance decline. We'll see.

SirWillow

Summer is the busiest time ever?

Summer has been the least crowded season for at least the past 5 years.

If summer is historically the least crowded time, it supports the whole "Star Wars is not a flop" theory. People just waited to go until now!

This. In both cases true. Summer has been the "slow" season for the last few years, thanks to the tier pricing and blocking passholders among other things, then compounded this year with an ad campaign that told people the parks were to crowded and they couldn't get it unless they had a reservation.

Once all of those cleared- lower prices, passes unblocked, people knew they could get in and the parks weren't over crowded, wow, surprise surprise here comes the crowds again...

mickEblu

This. In both cases true. Summer has been the "slow" season for the last few years, thanks to the tier pricing and blocking passholders among other things, then compounded this year with an ad campaign that told people the parks were to crowded and they couldn't get it unless they had a reservation.

Once all of those cleared- lower prices, passes unblocked, people knew they could get in and the parks weren't over crowded, wow, surprise surprise here comes the crowds again...

But this doesn’t explain why the parks still weren’t crowded when the lower tier APs were unblocked.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom