What's with the wait times!? (hint.. they're low)

Ismael Flores

Smugglers run was 80 minutes the other day, normally i have seen it hovering at 60.

One thing that i have noticed though is that the addition of those 14 acres has really spread out the crowds. Whether the land is considered a success or not it sure has done a great job in dispersing the crowds overall. The land actually had quite a big of foot traffic but still felt manageable and at the same time the rest of the park felt great with the more open walk spaces.

Ismael Flores

I think Disney needs to take the gatekeeper CM out of the fast pass equation. There has to be a way to have a gate open for x number of FP people and then open again for y number of standby while keeping the mixed line at a certain length. Maybe have the turnstyle count the number of FP going in and not let more enter until the ratio of standby is achieved?

I like this, for some reason i have noticed that in certain attractions the standby lines suffer more because of the ratio of fastpass people walking into an attraction. The CM gets into this mode that ends up allowing a huge number of fastpass people in while the standby just grows more and more. The worst of all the attraction is Racers at DCA. They seem to allow huge amount of fastpass groups while allowing the standby to grow.

I have seen the standby line having only enough people in the queue to fill up the last two small small themed houses towards end of queue. I was one of those people and actually had to wait almost over hour to get to the merge point. People started walking out and actually giving the CM's a mouth full.

another issue is the single rider lines that are not properly handled. I would think that single rider lines are meant to fill empty seats and a person waiting in line is chancing having to wait until a seat becomes vacant. The problem is that CM's tend to want to get this line moving quickly and consistently get groups of single riders and fill vehicles with them. All they are doing is adding to the problem by allowing guest to bypass the standby line knowing that they have a good chance of riding quickly and even staying together while riding. single riders should be the last to ride and only to fill seats. It should not be another version of fastpass that gets constantly abused

SirWillow

Fastpass

Stand-by

You know what you're getting into when you enter either of these lines. If Fastpass is held in a line, it defeats the purpose.

Not if it's a much shorter line and a much faster wait than the standby line. There's nothing wrong with fastpass being held in a line if it's comparably much shorter than the stand by. There is a problem when the stand by doesn't move at all because the vast majority of the ones being allowed on are fastpass.

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
How many people would complain, if we scrapped fastpass in general and put more heart / effort into the themeing of the queue so that it's an experience and not a "just get to the ride and gtfo"?

flynnibus

Premium Member
It's a fatally flawed concept in terms of efficiency and crowd management.

Not at all, it simply breaks down when you push the ratios beyond the reasoanable levels. Then the impact can be too great. But its disney that chooses to run the system to get those outcomes. They are making that conscious choice.

SeanNyberg

i think TP2000 posted them in this thread or another thread. i dont personally have them or know them but from his post the numbers are down from same time last year.

Then post them. You saw them and are using them to prove a point, find them and post them. This “I saw it somewhere but I’m still going to quote them to make Disneyland look bad” game is weak, tired, and adolescent. Even if TP2000 has them, where did they come from?
What is going on in the Disneyland internet world recently? The desire for things to flop is turning people into conspiracy theorists and twisting them into pretzels to explain how any news is bad news. 😂😂😂 Meanwhile Disney is pulling in money hand over fist. 😂😂

SeanNyberg

Right now

Midway Mania: 130 min
Radiator Springs Racers: 120 min
Space Mountain: 120 min
Haunted Mansion Holiday: 120 min
Matterhorn Bobsleds: 115 min
Mission Breakout: 110 min
Splash Mountain: 110 min
Smuggler’s Run: 110 min

Crazy! People will say it’s due to Bob Chapek running the rides half empty and cutting CMs to artificially inflate these numbers. But then ask them to back up that assertion with anything more than rumor from their anti-Disney echo chamber and they will flag your post and claim you’re a paid Disney hack. 😂😂😂
Sorry to break it to you, Disneyland is packed because the park is amazing and people love it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom