What's with the wait times!? (hint.. they're low)

TP2000

Wait times today are noticeably higher than they've been over the past month. It's not super crowded or insane, it's merely as if Disneyland went back to normal for the holiday weekend. Only a few E Tickets are below 30 minutes at 3:45pm.

Jungle Cruise - 10 Minutes
Small World, Star Tours - 20 Minutes
Haunted Mansion, Incredicoaster - 30 Minutes
Pirates, Thunder Mountain - 40 Minutes
Matterhorn Bobsleds - 65 Minutes
Hyperspace Mountain, Guardians of Galaxy, Indiana Jones Adventure - 75 Minutes
Splash Mountain, Millennium Falcon - 90 Minutes
Grizzly River Run, Radiator Springs Racers - 120 Minutes

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
ROTR isn’t 50% of the land though, it’s 50% of the attractions. The land itself is the problem. I’m hoping Florida makes the experience all it can be.

I think the land suffers from the stationary props more than anything.

I haven’t read too much of the analysis yet...as I’ll see this grand non-descript land in about a month...

But my sense is the whole thing is “too little”. One trackless with abrams dull characters isn’t gonna completely alter the perception of the whole.

My sense is it’s underbuilt...hope ima wrong

ProjectXBlog

Wait times today are noticeably higher than they've been over the past month. It's not super crowded or insane, it's merely as if Disneyland went back to normal for the holiday weekend. Only a few E Tickets are below 30 minutes at 3:45pm.

Jungle Cruise - 10 Minutes
Small World, Star Tours - 20 Minutes
Haunted Mansion, Incredicoaster - 30 Minutes
Pirates, Thunder Mountain - 40 Minutes
Matterhorn Bobsleds - 65 Minutes
Hyperspace Mountain, Guardians of Galaxy, Indiana Jones Adventure - 75 Minutes
Splash Mountain, Millennium Falcon - 90 Minutes
Grizzly River Run, Radiator Springs Racers - 120 Minutes
yesterday was about the same, from first-hand experience. inoffensive waits in the AM that slowly ballooned up through the late afternoon. although definitely one of the biggest crowds i’ve seen on a weekend rope drop in the last couple of months

JD2000

Yesterday was busier than Touring Plans expected. And the couple days before that were as expected and very close to as expected. I would expect this continues.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They are waiting in line for when the APs get unblocked next month.
I’ll actually be rolling out of the Disneyland Hotel when that happens.

That will definitely balloon the crowds...some.

But I don’t think they have a carsland or avatar on their hands. In the fine tradition of star tours.

Florida will be silly though...you’d think

WDW Pro

Most of those people were the ones who took the 4 hour blocks of time in the reservation period. A lot of them will wait until ROTR is open before returning.

Crowds are back down to pre-holiday week levels. Today was a big day for future summer projections, so the outlook is poor that there will be any bump in attendance for the rest of the season. Earthquakes, poor security response to a viral video, and (most importantly) cool reception to a billion dollar investment is all leading to one of the worst summers for TDA since California Adventure's initial woeful underperformances.

JD2000

Crowds are back down to pre-holiday week levels. Today was a big day for future summer projections, so the outlook is poor that there will be any bump in attendance for the rest of the season. Earthquakes, poor security response to a viral video, and (most importantly) cool reception to a billion dollar investment is all leading to one of the worst summers for TDA since California Adventure's initial woeful underperformances.
Disneyland was profitable (and made investments) before it was overcrowded and wait times became uncomfortable. This is not an issue for anyone other than shareholders demanding ever increasing profits.

britain

Tell me honestly, do you personally think the issue lies with how Galaxy's Edge was rolled out (Stay away! Must get a reservation!) or a fault with Galaxy's Edge itself?

I feel that the low attendance has emboldened every critic to say "THIS is what they should have done" or "THAT particular nit pick of mine is what makes Galaxy's Edge a failure." But the truth is, it could ALL be attributed to the "You won't be able to get in" message that was accidentally sent. In an alternate universe where the land is the exact same, but they marketed it differently, it's possible that the crowds would have shown up and everyone's personal nitpick would be moot.

And anecdotally, the only people I've heard that dislike the Millennium Falcon are Disney bloggers / fan community. The people who closely follow this stuff. I've seen nothing but "The Falcon was amazing" from non-Disney fans.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom