What's with the wait times!? (hint.. they're low)

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Splash is 10, Pirates 10, Haunted 13, Space 30, Matterhorn 30... Millennium Falcon 45!?

I thought the crowds were supposed to be monstrous, even with the SWGE reservation program.
this weekend may be the only time you get to ride mansion in the middle of the day without it stopping. you could possibly get a complete ride through with no stops. what time to be alive.

DisneylandGal

The main things I remember from grad night were the lines and finding people asleep all over the park. Some were leaning against trash cans, others were dozing off in line, some on the ground - just everywhere! Hopefully they’ve improved it since then!

Darkbeer1

>>An Orange County Register reporter and photographer visited Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge during a 4-hour reservation-only window from 2 to 6 p.m. on Friday during opening day for the $1 billion new themed land. It looked like a Disneyland Christmas week crowd had been squeezed into a single land like Fantasyland or Tomorrowland. Nearly every square foot of the 14-acre land was crowded.

In the seven minutes that it took to walk from the only available entrance in Critter Country to Oga’s Cantina, the line for the Star Wars bar had already ballooned to 90 minutes and Disneyland employees were turning away new visitors. Bar patrons were limited to 45 minutes in the cantina and a two-drink maximum.

It was worse at Savi’s Workshop, where lines that had grown to four hours had mercifully shrunk to just over two hours. Employees cut off new reservations for the $200 build-your-own lightsaber at 11:15 a.m. for all people entering the land for the 11 a.m. reservation window.

By 2:30 p.m., the two-hour line for the Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run ride stretched out of sight of the 112-foot-long starfighter, past the TIE Echelon fighter and around the corner at the Blue Milk stand. It was much longer earlier, snaking throughout the land past the Droid Depot to the Ronto Roasters food stand.

Things were nearly as bad at the build-your-own droid workshop, where the 90-minute queue snaked back on itself in the midday sun.

The Middle Eastern-inspired marketplace was swarmed with intergalactic travelers. Lines stretched out of every vendor stall, with each tiny shop only large enough to hold maybe a dozen people at a time. If they didn’t try to breathe.

Because the 4-hour windows for visitors overlap by an hour, crowds are heaviest during the first and last hour. Those entering at 2 p.m. must share the land for an hour with those who came in at 11 a.m. And then at 5 p.m. the throng will swell again with the arrival of another group.<<

Much more at the link, including photos. Look for it at any SCNG website.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The few of us here who are semi-traditionalists are ironically some of the youngest ones here, in our 20’s (myself, TROR, and SuddenStorm).
And its funny a lot of us from an older generation are ok with change. You’d think it’d be the opposite. But my personal opinion is that as you get older you accept there are things you have no control over and that change is inevitable.

Anjin

The main things I remember from grad night were the lines and finding people asleep all over the park. Some were leaning against trash cans, others were dozing off in line, some on the ground - just everywhere! Hopefully they’ve improved it since then!
I remember riding on the Peoplemover during my Grad Nite. It's been so long that I don't remember much else. 🙃

mandelbrot

>>An Orange County Register reporter and photographer visited Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge during a 4-hour reservation-only window from 2 to 6 p.m. on Friday during opening day for the $1 billion new themed land. It looked like a Disneyland Christmas week crowd had been squeezed into a single land like Fantasyland or Tomorrowland. Nearly every square foot of the 14-acre land was crowded.

In the seven minutes that it took to walk from the only available entrance in Critter Country to Oga’s Cantina, the line for the Star Wars bar had already ballooned to 90 minutes and Disneyland employees were turning away new visitors. Bar patrons were limited to 45 minutes in the cantina and a two-drink maximum.

It was worse at Savi’s Workshop, where lines that had grown to four hours had mercifully shrunk to just over two hours. Employees cut off new reservations for the $200 build-your-own lightsaber at 11:15 a.m. for all people entering the land for the 11 a.m. reservation window.

By 2:30 p.m., the two-hour line for the Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run ride stretched out of sight of the 112-foot-long starfighter, past the TIE Echelon fighter and around the corner at the Blue Milk stand. It was much longer earlier, snaking throughout the land past the Droid Depot to the Ronto Roasters food stand.

Things were nearly as bad at the build-your-own droid workshop, where the 90-minute queue snaked back on itself in the midday sun.

The Middle Eastern-inspired marketplace was swarmed with intergalactic travelers. Lines stretched out of every vendor stall, with each tiny shop only large enough to hold maybe a dozen people at a time. If they didn’t try to breathe.

Because the 4-hour windows for visitors overlap by an hour, crowds are heaviest during the first and last hour. Those entering at 2 p.m. must share the land for an hour with those who came in at 11 a.m. And then at 5 p.m. the throng will swell again with the arrival of another group.<<

Much more at the link, including photos. Look for it at any SCNG website.
I hope everyone reading this believes it.

Californian Elitist

And its funny a lot of us from an older generation are ok with change. You’d think it’d be the opposite. But my personal opinion is that as you get older you accept there are things you have no control over and that change is inevitable.

We accept that change is inevitable. The difference is we’re not okay with some of the changes and we speak up, while others seem to roll with the punches and will accept anything new.

Darkbeer1

We accept that change is inevitable. The difference is we’re not okay with some of the changes and we speak up, while others seem to roll with the punches and will accept anything new.
I dealt with that in the early 2000's and DCA 1.0. I couldn't believe some who thought it was better than Disneyland, including Superstar Limo.

You knew they drank the Kool Aid....

Californian Elitist

I dealt with that in the early 2000's and DCA 1.0. I couldn't believe some who thought it was better than Disneyland, including Superstar Limo.

You knew they drank the Kool Aid....

You know, years ago before I joined this forum, it would have come as a huge surprise to me that people preferred DCA 1.0 to Disneyland, the great. However, after spending time here and chatting with others, believing something like that sounds about right.

And people continue to drink the Kool Aid. They gargle with it as well.🤦🏾‍♀️

mickEblu

He is one of these people that wishes Disneyland was like it was twenty years before they existed. Guess what. I was there and it wasn't that great.

I dunno. If I could freeze Disneyland in 1989 I’d probably do it. You would have the low crowds and all the E tickets except Indy and Fantasmic which I’m ok with. You’d also have the skyway, people mover, country bears and original subs. It’s a pretty good deal.

Last edited:

Phroobar

I think this summer is going to be a great time to go to Disneyland even after reservations are removed. It will probably freak out the managers enough to lower prices and the trolls will declare GE a complete failure. Remember this has all happen before. (DCA1.0, USH Harry Potter). Enjoy a nice summer.

TROR

I dunno. If I could freeze Disneyland in 1989 I’d probably do it. You would have the low crowds and all the E tickets except Indy and Fantasmic which I’m ok with. You’d also have the skyway, people mover, country bears and original subs. It’s a pretty good deal.
I'd say probably '95. Probably the peak year of Disneyland's history. They still have yet to reach that high and, with all the cutting they've done since, they likely never will again.

Californian Elitist

Hey! Walt once said "Disneyland will never be complete" so every change is justified. 🤣

Lmao That’s one of my favorites! So many people take that quote completely out of context and misuse it to justify the presence of Guardians of the Galaxy in a 1920’s Hollywood-themed land (although said land is terrible).

It’s the same thing with the “Disneyland is not a museum” quote.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom