What's up with the turkey legs?

kwt10

Turkey legs WERE my favorite meal at WDW until two trips ago. On that trip I did get a BAD leg. It caused me to be sick for two days with food poisoning. And yes before the questions start it was the only thing that I had eaten that day and it was UNDER cooked. We went back to the stand where it was purchased to let them know and I was not the only one to be sick from them that day. Well, now I can't even stand to look at them when I walk by. Maybe one day I will find the will to eat them again, I do miss them when we visit.

rosie.ca

i like em....somepeople don't just because they are greasy and smell a lot some people don't like em cuz they are madefrom animals ...hey i have less worry eating one of those than eating at kfc.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
I don't know about any of you, but when I'm at disney, I'm on vacation. When I'm on vacation, I could care LESS what I am eating. I'm not at the happiest place on earth to count calories! :p I say, eat what you want... ignore the grease... or just imagine it as something else, like a magic calorie reducing water! Besides, you need all the energy you can get to stand in all those lines! :D

jcmayid

Original Poster
hmmmmm Emu. That is delicious. Anyone ever had an emu egg omelette? Or how about an ostrich burger? Delicious. If you ever go to Hard Rock you can try one, fat free and delicious.

STGRhost

Personaly, I don't like them. I started in Custodial, and they're pretty gross to clean up after...and the SMELL...[shudder]

I actually had a guest situation involving one. A guest came up to my window and demanded to know what "those "turkey" legs " (he used air quotes) were made of. I said "uhhh...Turkey." He says "No! I tasted one - it tastes like ham! You have to tell me if it's really ham!". And he STARTS TO CRY!, and tells me he's kosher, and he can't eat ham... So I stop thinking he's a complete loon, and I feel bad for him...I swore to him that it was just turkey, and that it looks (and tastes a little, from what I hear) like ham because it's smoked. I even offered to get him something else to eat, but he declined. He seemed to feel better.

Also, I think the Emu rumors (ONLY a rumor!) are funny more than anything else, but my friends in Foods get very bent out of shape if I even mention it...

WDWSwashbuckler

Riiiiggghhhttt... well, there are some overlyemotional people :animwink: but hey, I almost cried when I found out that the turkey legs weren't cooking one day when I was in Epcot!!!

Worldphile

Originally posted by STGRhost

Also, I think the Emu rumors (ONLY a rumor!) are funny more than anything else, but my friends in Foods get very bent out of shape if I even mention it...

It's NOT a rumor!! My best friend's cousin's aunt's college roommate's step-brother's neighbor who is a CM told him that they were Emu!

That's why they closed Discovery Island. It is now a top secret Emu ranch off limits to guests. If you stay up to around 3:00am most nights you can see them herd the Emu's onto barges headed for the Magic Kingdom.

STGRhost

It's NOT a rumor!! My best friend's cousin's aunt's college roommate's step-brother's neighbor who is a CM told him that they were Emu!

Heh...Wait, I think I know that guy! I thought that island smelled funny.....

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
ROTFLMAO! :lol:

No... it's not emu! Emu's are chewier than turkey (cough, cough, HAM, cough, cough) legs.

I swear, if I were going to make up something that the turkey legs *really* were, an EMU would be the LAST thing that would have come to mind. Who ever came up with that has a wonderful imagination!

cymbaldiva

The Diva does love turkey legs, and if you've read some of my posts you know I don't eat much! :) They're one of my fav WDW treats!

KevinPage

Just think about ANY meat that you may eat.

How far does it have to travel and how many hands does it pass through just to get to where they are selling it, let alone how many people handle it then.

Thankfully the human body has enough white blood cells to break down bacteria on food :)

LOL

Kevin Page

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by KevinPage
Just think about ANY meat that you may eat.

How far does it have to travel and how many hands does it pass through just to get to where they are selling it, let alone how many people handle it then.

Thankfully the human body has enough white blood cells to break down bacteria on food :)

LOL

Kevin Page

I don't like to think about anything we eat, or I'd never eat at all again! :D I get your point though, good post! :sohappy:

Bairstow

I bet the CM whose comments started this thread was just a whiny vegetarian who didn't eat meat in general. Either that or she was a US History major who had just read Upton Sinclair's The Jungle.

If you think smoked turkey legs are good, wait until you try a DEEP FRIED turkey leg. It's more tender, juicier, and by some miracle of culinary science, less greasy. How do you get one? Buy a deep fryer at WALMART or some such and throw a whole turkey into the two feet can of boiling oil at Thanksgiving. Man...and I thought smoked turkey was good...

Oh, and the latest word is that Foods have switched from using Emu to Cassowary, just to make sure everyone knew.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom