What's the sickest you've been at WDW?

durangojim

Original Poster
Just curious as to what the sickest some of you have been while at WDW. The reason I bring this up is that on this past Valentine's Day my wife and I flew down to celebrate our 5th anniversary. We were staying at the GF and had planned to have dinner at Victoria and Alberts that night to celebrate (we ate there six years earlier on the night I proposed and had not been back since). Our seating was at 6:15 and everything was going wonderfully until about 8:45 which was just before desert when I started feeling not so hot. I thought it may have been that I just overate and had a bit much alcohol (we had the wine pairings), but over the next couple of minutes I knew I had to get to the restroom quick. Anyway to make a long story short, I spent the next 40 minutes in and out of the bathroom and then finally made it back to our room. I wound up having a pretty nasty case of gastroenteritis (stomach flu) for the next 24 hours but the way I look at it is better to be sick at Disney than sick at home. By the way, if you feel like you're going to pass out and need to lie down on the floor, the cool marble in the bathroom at Victoria and Alberts comes highly recommended, not to mention the stall is extremely private!:lol:

Passport

Mission Space. I don't want to hear others say it is no big deal but I was sicker than a dog after that. I have never been sick after a ride. It took hours before I felt better.

Never been sick there otherwise.

joshwill

the sickest ive ever been at wdw was when i went on stitches great escape for the firts time. it sickened me to see what they did to alien encounter.

iKat

My husband and I went for our honeymoon for 10 days last year....
(we'd still be there this time last year...)

I was sick with a really nasty cold all but the last day.

The sickest I've been was when I rode ToT ten times in a row and discovered the reason I wasn't feeling well was because I hadn't ate.

tigsmom

Hmmm...Labrynthitis ...so dizzy I couldn't even open my eyes so I had to stay in bed.

Almost passed out from super high blood sugar before I knew I was diabetic so I spent 2 days in bed.

Somebody always gets sick at WDW, last month it was Princess #2 with a sinus infection.

ears2you

hmm well i usually get sick once i get home from disney but when i was really little i got strep throat down there. that was just fun fun fun for everyone.....

Astronaut Jones

I don't know if I've been overly ill at Disney but I do know that Mission Space jacked me up a lot. I wasn't expecting it to be anywhere near that intense and I get motion sick pretty easy. I think I only lifted my head from the table at dinner a hand full of times.

Mickey&Minnie

Last year my DH got blistered (literal blisters) after spending a day at typhoon lagoon. The rest of the trip (3 days left) were miserable. Animal Kingdom's asphalt/sun combination didnt help. It was in April afterall and pretty hot. It was so bad he couldn't take a shower or bath just a towel bath. And he was about to cuss out goofy at Liberty Tree because you know how they like to slap your shoulders and back. But it is Disney World so you can't help but to be happy.

figment1985

Well, back in september when my fiancee and I went.. I really wanted to go to blizzard beach, but the night before we stayed up and drank at the petals bar at pop century with some awesome new yorkers. My fiancee got SO sick, and I went on a drunk shopping spree until midnight at the giftshop there (bad idea). I spent SO much money that night and he was too sick to go to the water park with me the next day. I went by myself, because I had never been... and that's not a good idea either.. at least not if you are in your 20's female. lol

Migs31091

the sickest ive ever been at wdw was when i went on stitches great escape for the firts time. it sickened me to see what they did to alien encounter.

:ROFLOL:
Funny. Thats so the truth. I never was sick down in Disney but my dad was back in 2005. He had a case of heat exhaustion when we got back to the hotel room. So he stayed on the bed all night sleeping and me and my mom went golfing.

-Migs

Chape19714

The sickest I ever remember being on a Disney trip was onboard the Disney Wonder. It was terrible. A short 3 day cruise (which I would normally stay up 20hrs. a day for), I only got about 2 days out of before Castaway Cay was canceled and my over indulging in the buffet got to me. It was the worst last night of vacation ever, I was actually glad to get home.

napnet

I've never gotten sick at WDW but once my brother did... bad enough he needed to go to the hospital... and last christmas a friend of ours who was staying with us at Saratoga Springs was puking all night and didn't leave the room...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom