What's the longest anyone will drive to WDW?

shoppingnut

20 hours straight through by myself. I prefer flying these days. Although my brother who doesn't like flying is trying to talk me into driving with him and his family. I told him I would fly down and meet him there because one of us would probably be dead before we even got out of the state of New Jersey. I've seen lots of Canadian plates from various provinces in the parking lots at disney.

celestia

MGMBoy and myself are driving across the country from oregon to go there in august. We're making a 3 week road trip out of it (hitting Disneyland, vegas, the grand canyon, new orleans, busch gardens tampa, and the florida keys all 'on the way') :sohappy:

I think we're a bit ambitious. :p

Boray

Just under 20 hours from Madison, WI. I drove straight through with my folks when we went in the '80s, but I haven't done it yet myself. Planning on doing it for the next trip with my kids (who will be 7 and 4 when we go). I like flying because it's faster, but 4 times as expensive to fly rather than drive, and rent a car...

I'd drive twice as far if I could go there tomorrow....

dizneeboy

I'm from Colorado and fly, but my family is from Ohio and drives every summer. They enjoy the trip down and stop at the beach for a day or so while in FL. I think its 16+ hours if I remember right....I'll have to go MapQuest it ; )

Ringo8n24

Let's see. I once woke up on a Saturday morning needing a WDW "fix" and got in the car, drove to WDW for 8-9 hours, arrived that night, went to MGM rode the RnRC all day, drove back home then went to work on Monday. NOBODY believed me at work until I showed them the coffee mug I bought at RnRC. So, I do not mind any drive to WDW as long as I get to go.

WDWPrnces02

Non stop driving from Michigan........All i needed was Music, Munchies, and Money (gas).....Cant wait to do it again in May.... :sohappy: :sohappy:

nkentucky

nkentucky

13-14 hrs northern ky drive straight threw 911 miles

71 off
73 off
75 off
76off
79 fort wilderness
81 fort wilderness
82 fort wilderness
86 fort wilderness
93 caribbean
96 sports
97 sports
98 movies
99 wilderness lodge
00 sports
01 sports
03 sports
03 sports
04 sports

AliciaLuvzDizne

from celestia <hr style="color: rgb(19, 83, 179);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> MGMBoy and myself are driving across the country from oregon to go there in august. We're making a 3 week road trip out of it (hitting Disneyland, vegas, the grand canyon, new orleans, busch gardens tampa, and the florida keys all 'on the way') :sohappy:

I think we're a bit ambitious. :p

wow what a trip!! sounds fun.

but the florida keys arent on the way to anything
:lol:
have fun!!

MCBRIZZ5

17 hrs from the good ol' state of NJ, but its taken us longer with traffic in D.C. We usually sty over nite though except last time we drove thorugh.

MGMBoy

celestia said:
Oh we know, we're taking a few detours. hehe. :D

Maybe more then a "few" we're hoping to make this quite the trip. (And we'll be keeping you all updated the whole way. :cool:

wdwforus

We only flew once in the 5 times that my parents took us when I was younger. We would leave at about 4 am and get to somewhere in Virginia the first day. South of the border area second day and push the rest to Orlando/Tampa the third day. I loved those trips now that I look back on them but wouldnt want to to go thru it with my litle one. Plus I dont do well driving for long distances. My Dad was a truck driver for a while when I was young and it was no problem for him. We drove staight thru to Wilmington NC a couple of years ago with 6 of us in our mini van and that is my limit.

JMishy

We've done Maine to Orlando, Florida! (1436 miles)

However, it's soon to be...

Jacksonville to Orlando. (141) :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom