Whats the latest on Disney & Harry Potter

Jerm

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR RUINING THE BOOK FOR ME!!!!! :mad:

YOU THOUGHT I WAS SERIOUS!!!!!:ROFLOL:

Just to stir things up some more, check out the front page of mousevine.com for some more rumours.

And by the way, if you are going to post possible spoilers, you need to make sure you say something about it in your post.

YOU ALSO THOUGHT I WAS SERIOUS!!!!:ROFLOL:

He doesnt know whats going to happen, dont let it bother you.

Or do I?!?!?!?:drevil:

oh! thanks for giving the book away, cuz no one on this site reads harry potter!!!!!:mad: (yeah ok)

how do you know?

HOLD IT THREE PEOPLE THOUGHT I WAS SERIOUS!!!!:ROFLOL:

ps- im pretty sure the "spoiler" about hogwarts getting blowed up isnt real

But how sure are you :drevil:

Wow to the 3 of you that thought I knew what I was talking about and actually got upset at me:ROFLOL: Would you be intrested in buying some land in Florida??? It is beautiful and not very wet... Also you should not read anything today because you might believe it:lookaroun . Happy April Fools ye all!

J

I've always wondered about the Harry Potter movies being aired on the Disney Channel...

Oh well. I don't believe Disney will get the writes to Harry Potter anytime soon, or any time for that matter. But, that's just me.

darthjohnny

I've always wondered about the Harry Potter movies being aired on the Disney Channel...

I don't think it really means much. A few years ago, Disney Channel showed the Back to the Future movies, and still show it on ABC Family, yet BttF is clearly a famous Universal attraction (though it won't be much longer. :()

jmvd20

I was just joking around when I posted that. Showing movies on a station doesn't mean anything at all. I just wanted to see if I could spur the argument (cough) I mean discussion about HP at WDW ;)

disneylandkid

Account Suspended
Harry Potter will never be in the Parks. Warner Brothers owns the rights to HP, not Disney or Universal or anyone else... Don't beleive everything you hear, especially if Jim Hill has anything to do with it. Does anyone have sources for Universal thinking of buying HP, or that Warner Bros is considering selling it?

I don't think Rowling would want her story to be an attraction in a theme park anyways.

warner brothers doesn't have a theme park therefore they didn't get the theme park rights. So mrs. rowling has them at her disposal

Tigerdaly

Original Poster
I am in 2 minds over Disney taking the rights to Harry potter.
One part of me thinks that Disney should promote and build parks ans rides around the films that they make ............ so long as they are a rip roaring success.
And the other part of me that would hate to see the wonders of a Harry Potter ride or park go anywere else other than Disney. I have the distinct feeling that where ever they go they will be incredibly successful and attract millions of people and children.
I would in fact rather have them under the Disney banner than under the competitors banner so long as the additional numbers are managed in a way that we the true Disney fans are not put out.

Scar Junior

I have read very little of this thread, but as a guy who can't stand Harry Potter, I wouldn't like this because I would hate to see his face cross-promoted on other franchises. Plus I hear J.K. Rowlins or whatever her name is... is a pain in the butt and I just know that law suits would be in the future.

darthjohnny

You know, Disney could still put a Harry Potter attraction (or Universal could put one in) being based only off the books, not the movie. That way, they wouldn't have to worry about Warner Bros. or worrying about doing things like getting Daniel Radcliffe's likeness.

Tigerdaly

Original Poster
I think the characters should be from the book rather making the young stars even more famous. It will be hard not to imagine Harry without seeing Daniel Radcliffe though.
Think what the rides might be like..................... coasters riding on a Quiddich broom stick or in a Ford Anglia.
The possiblities are endless.
Happy Holidays

lilclerk

*sigh* I would LOVE a HP attraction at either park. Seems like it would fit more at Universal. But yeah, I'm a huge HP fan and would love to fly in an Anglia or play in a Quidditch match =)

k.hunter30

I am a fan of the HP books, much to my chagrin. But really would not like to see a HP-themed land or ride in disney. WDW is... "DISNEY" not wizards and magic... Just my opinion.

BRER DAD

As much as I love HP, I cant see it fitting at Disney. I cant for the life of me figure out were they would put it. :shrug:

jmvd20

As much as I love HP, I cant see it fitting at Disney. I cant for the life of me figure out were they would put it. :shrug:

Well, they'd put it in the Beastly Kingdom of course right after the monorail is extended to the Orlando airport and to the docks of the Disney Cruise Line.....

Tigerdaly

Original Poster
Just read the post about Harry Potter being Not Disney.
Remember some of the best loved characters in the parks are not Disney creations but bought in franchise stars.

joshwill

I am a fan of the HP books, much to my chagrin. But really would not like to see a HP-themed land or ride in disney. WDW is... "DISNEY" not wizards and magic... Just my opinion.

arent they always talking about disney "magic"? plus, mickey was a sorcerers apprentice after all :)

majortom1981

hmm

Actually warner brothers does have parks sort off.

Remember Six Flags used to be part of Warner Brothers. Six Flags has most of the ride rights to warner brothers films.

But there are two different liscences. For the Books and for the movies.

fizzle75

As much as I love Harry Potter I would much rather Disney imagineering spend the time, money and effort on developing a "quality" Narnia ride or even better...a Lord Of The Rings based ride. I could totally see a LOTR ride at Disney Studios. After all...Lord Of The Rings is THE GREATEST TRILOGY EVER MADE!!! Sorry Star Wars, I'm a huge fan but you've been dethroned.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom