What's the first thing you do when you get to the parks??

dave&di

Our tradition is first day at MK and we always hit Fantasyland first. This year we will be heading straight for the Little Mermaid ride!!!

Epcot, we normally head to Soarin' for a FP, then hit Living with the land and eat at Sunshine Seasons while we wait.

HS, we used to head straight to TSM for FP's but since last year, Dave runs to get the FP's while I casually walk over to Star Tours which is our first attraction.

AK, straight to Kilimanjaro Safari!

Upvote 0

WellFedDave

Honestly, I tear up a little. I'm not usually a person who "wears their emotions on their sleeve", but something happens when I hear the Magic Kingdom entrance music...or catch that first glimpse of Spaceship Earth. Just tugs at the nostalgia and the little kid in me that lets loose when we're in WDW.

Upvote 0

bubbles1812

1) MK: Book it to one of the mountains (depends on what I'm feeling like for which I choose), ride it, grab a FP for it, and then go over to FL to ride the rides there. By the time I'm done with a few rides, I'm able to get another FP for a FL ride. (I average 6-8 FP, and have gotten up to 11 on my best day so I usually don't have to wait more than 20-30 min in the MK. I'm not a *stop and smell the roses* person especially in MK til the 12-3 o' clock corridor when it's most crowded. That's my chill time even when I'm in a park)

2) Epcot: This is probably the park where I'm most variable in what I do. Sometimes I've gone over to Soarin' (generally don't get a FP for it because I don't think it is *that* great. Once per trip is fine). More often than not, I'll go on Spaceship Earth just simply because it feels right and it is honestly my only *must* in the area since they destroyed Journey Into Imagination. But mornings are usually spent in FW before I chill in WS for the afternoons.

3) DHS: Go to TSM, get a FP, and then ride it immediately. After that ride, I go down to TOT, ride it twice, and by that time I'm usually able to get another FP for it for later. Ride RnR once via the single rider (seriously, I don't know why people wait so long for it when you can be on it in 5 minutes by single rider so my whole fam goes thru the SR line. We aren't paying attention to each other so much as the ride anyways). And then go ride TSM with my FP again. If line isn't long (unlikely but it happens), I'll ride it again. All the other rides in DHS generally don't have long waits/require FP so I slow my pace a little at that point. But that above is my formula for success in DHS. Can do that all in <2.5 hours if you like to move.

4) AK: Go directly back to the Safari. If you want to see the animals actually active and moving, morning is about the only time they are before it becomes too hot and they start lazing in the shade. They've just been fed and it's pretty great to see them so active. I actually tend to ride the safari twice before going on my merry way. I generally walk over to Everest to get a FP at this point though this is another ride with a single rider line so it isn't a big deal if I don't. I'll usually ride it once at that point too, if the wait isn't bad, though that varies. Most of the other rides/shows don't get too bad so I slow down after that too.

Upvote 0

Littlekitten73

Honestly, I tear up a little. I'm not usually a person who "wears their emotions on their sleeve", but something happens when I hear the Magic Kingdom entrance music...or catch that first glimpse of Spaceship Earth. Just tugs at the nostalgia and the little kid in me that lets loose when we're in WDW.
I have to say that I tear up on the monorail from ttc the first glimpse of Cinderella's
Castle I get it happens every time, and I'm 40 this year honestly :rolleyes: Then we normally head for Splash Mountain and FP Big Thunder then just go with the flow :):)

Upvote 0
Its usually either MK or EPCOT first. Lately its been EPCOT. I love hearing the music when you get off the bus, it always makes me smile. Then its the smell coming out of Space Ship Earth that really does it for me...its then that I totally get relaxed and know i'm in the best place possible.:D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom