What's the center of your WDW universe?

Tom

Beta Return
What area of WDW has the most meaning for you? For me, it's the Seven Seas Lagoon area. When I'm riding the ferry from MK to TTC, or riding the monorail loop, or standing at the end of the Polynesian pier, it brings me back 36 years to my first trip.

Exactly the same for me. Growing up, we stayed off property. So, my Disney experience was always the drive in to the TTC lot, a tram ride, and the ferry ride to the MK.

That whole "MK" area is Disney to me. It's what I first experienced, and what I continued to experience for years, until my brother and I were old enough to make Epcot worth the visit. Then MGM in 1989.

I miss that experience, because now we fly and take DME, and never "get" to experience that grand reveal.

JIMINYCR

Standing in the middle of Maine Street. Thats when I know for sure I'm in Disney and the outside world ceases to exist. I hear the music, see the Castle, smell the popcorn, see the row of stores with their decorated widows, and see the street performers. Closing my eyes can bring me back there in my mind anytime I wish.

Cmdr_Crimson

Innoventions West Hallway....So nice and quiet..
4560364402_a690d54878_z.jpg

Glasgow

As a child, it was the splendor of walking underneath SSE and experiencing Innoventions. As an adult, I'd have to say staying at Y&BC and being able to stroll around the Boarwalk area .. Such a beautiful sight at night, especially with Illuminations going in the background!

Scrungo

Something as simple as eating udon at the Katsura Grill in Epcot on a winter night is what means the most to me.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Mine are linked to old work locations from when I was in Entertainment. It's really sad that all of these are now defunct. It wasn't THAT long ago!!!

At MK - The Pirates queue where Goofy used to meet, as well as the Stitch queue (I also worked Attractions for a period, and this was my first location).
Epcot - France by the where Beast used to meet.
DHS - The former Monsters Inc. M&G.
DAK - Camp Minnie-Mickey where Goofy and then Baloo used to meet.

Seriously, though, two of the locations are no longer host to the characters and two are just GONE.

Haybritt

I don't think I could pick just one center of my WDW Universe. I remember certain rides that I loved when I was 10 years old. I have places at Disney that remind me of my first trip with my wife. I have spots that bring a smile to my face because they represent milestones for my kids as they have grown up. And I have places that bring back fond memories and remind me of trips that I took with my parents before they both passes away. In a sense, maybe WDW has been a center of MY universe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom