What's the center of your WDW universe?

WDW74

Crescent Lake- Yacht and Beach Clubs on one side, Boardwalk Inn on the other. It's become our favorite area to stay at. When we're there we start every morning and end every evening with a walk all the way around.
images

images

This and World Showcase after Illuminations and the crowds have disappeared...

WDW74

Walking from Beach Club into Epcot, hang a right and stop on the bridge to France.

That's my favorite place and time of day, when it's dark and the crowds around World Showcase have left. I could just sit and marinate in the vibe for hours (been kicked out more than once!).

...especially if you've managed to keep a coupla adult beverages on hand from before the kiosks close...

Rinx

3 key moments for me:

1. My father picking my brother and I up from the airport. The anticipation is unlike any other.
2. The first walk into the Poly lobby
3. Our villa at OKW

S. Paridon

The inner courtyard of Wilderness Lodge, right by the stream before the waterfall and Frontierland, right beside Big Thunder and the rafts for Tom Sawyer.

Doug Means

my 1st trip EPCOT was not open yet but the Spaceship Earth exterior was done. I can remember driving in and out of the MK a few days and around the area and thinking how cool it looked. i love it. there is also something to be said about how much the monorails bring back great memories over the years (we have to make sure we ride it every time we are there like its a FP needed ride), and seeing the castle just always makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Walking into the Magic Kingdom & seeing the castle is always pretty special for us, the Epcot resort area also has a special place in our hearts.

CastleBound

These may be substandard areas and not as great as being the parks or on rides, but I would say:
1. Getting on the Magical Express at the airport. That is the very beginning of the WDW journey and it will always be a great feeling to me.
2. First arriving at All Star Music. Stupid, I know, but I've stayed here a few times and I officially know the trip is happening. I'm on property and adventures will start soon.

Doug Means

These may be substandard areas and not as great as being the parks or on rides, but I would say:
1. Getting on the Magical Express at the airport. That is the very beginning of the WDW journey and it will always be a great feeling to me.
2. First arriving at All Star Music. Stupid, I know, but I've stayed here a few times and I officially know the trip is happening. I'm on property and adventures will start soon.
i understand both of those...any place we stay at on our trips makes me feel that way especially AoA, my kids love it. As for the Magical Express, we just did that for the first time on my last trip. we usually drive 19 hours to get to disney and our last trip we finally flew. I loved those busses and what they meant. But driving in, that welcome sign over the road has always been the "official" start to our stay.

wannabeBelle

Home for me will always be the Mill Stage ( aka The Off Kilter stage in the Canadian Pavilion in EPCOT) The sounds of great music and meeting up with friends who I haven't seen in a while is always a great time. Marie

WDW is my happy place, so really all of it, but I guess first thing that comes to mind is Tomorrowland at night, near the Peoplemover (with the cool Tomorrowland loop playing in the background)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom