What's the biggest bang for you fastpass+?

UberPlannerMom

Original Poster
You don't have to participate, but it is believed that when full roll out occurs there will be no "traditional" FastPass system any more. One clue to this being the case is new attractions (Under the Sea and the new Princess Fairytale Hall) do have traditional FastPasses currently, but their distribution is at the place of other attractions (Philharmagic and Peter Pan respectively). Since they did not get their "own" machines is pretty telling.

One would guess that by August of next year that full roll out will have taken place. But who knows
Hmmm... we are travelling in late march so perhaps we shall be able to take advantage of both. I hadn't really considered that that would be the case...

dkosdros

i believe they plan on having this all rolled out by the end of the year. I saw the list of hotels posted somewhere and it appears by the end of October they had them all listed as being actively tested. So i had me to thinking that by the first part of the year like jan-feb they would have FP+ fully rolled out and the old system terminated.

UberPlannerMom

Original Poster
i believe they plan on having this all rolled out by the end of the year. I saw the list of hotels posted somewhere and it appears by the end of October they had them all listed as being actively tested. So i had me to thinking that by the first part of the year like jan-feb they would have FP+ fully rolled out and the old system terminated.
That was what my assumption was so perhaps that why it never occurred to me to think of it going any other way. I suppose I should just plan both ways to be safe until I hear that the fastpass machines have been taken out :)

ExtinctJenn

The official site continues to say "later this year" so I think even sooner than that we can expect it to be full live.

WDWYankee15

Next years promotional campaign... "The Year of a Million MagicBands!"

WDWYankee15

The official site continues to say "later this year" so I think even sooner than that we can expect it to be full live.

I think for sure this will be fully rolled out sooner rather than later. I am not sure it will be a one day thing (ie flip the switch... all are up and running and Fastpass machines are off). My guess is that all Resort guests will be on board in short order. However you will have off-site guests that will not be up on the system yet. So I envision the FassPass machines for a while with them, but they would be the next group to start having them use FastPass+. This might take a little longer for them to test and work out kinks and issues.

All in all, I believe WDW would like to see completely full integration of MyMagic+ in about 6 months. This makes a lot of assumptions that things will go smoothly and that any issues will be minor or quickly fixed.

ExtinctJenn

I think for sure this will be fully rolled out sooner rather than later. I am not sure it will be a one day thing (ie flip the switch... all are up and running and Fastpass machines are off). My guess is that all Resort guests will be on board in short order. However you will have off-site guests that will not be up on the system yet. So I envision the FassPass machines for a while with them, but they would be the next group to start having them use FastPass+. This might take a little longer for them to test and work out kinks and issues.

All in all, I believe WDW would like to see completely full integration of MyMagic+ in about 6 months. This makes a lot of assumptions that things will go smoothly and that any issues will be minor or quickly fixed.
I'd agree that even once it's "full live" they'll probably still have the back-up systems in place somehow. The only problem I can see though is ensuring they talk to each other so folks who have their FP+ stuff done can't then go and get paper FPs (which is the one piece I dislike about MM+ so I wouldn't hate it if they couldn't LOL).

dkosdros

I've tried to think of what is the quickest way to transition offsite guests and i think for the interm it would be to still allow them to show up to the gate with their paper tickets or plastic cards and when they enter the gate a CM will hand them a grey magic band coded for offsite guest. they would be able to then go to town hall or different checkpoints and put a cc on the magic band with a pin but to start it would be basic, allow for fastpasses and anything they preset up on the my Disney experience site. eventually I see magic bands being shipped to resorts offsite that will be inactive until linked with a confirmation # from a purchased ticket through Disney's site.

I should chime in on the best bang for your Fastpass+

MK: Splash or BTMR, Peter Pan, Space Mt.
Epcot: Soarin, Test Track & Do Soarin or Test Track again, everything else is walk on if you time it right.
DHS: TSMM, ToT, & RnRC
Ak: EE, Safari, Kali River Rapids (if warm out), Dinosaur (if not warm out).

orky8

I've tried to think of what is the quickest way to transition offsite guests and i think for the interm it would be to still allow them to show up to the gate with their paper tickets or plastic cards and when they enter the gate a CM will hand them a grey magic band coded for offsite guest. they would be able to then go to town hall or different checkpoints and put a cc on the magic band with a pin but to start it would be basic, allow for fastpasses and anything they preset up on the my Disney experience site. eventually I see magic bands being shipped to resorts offsite that will be inactive until linked with a confirmation # from a purchased ticket through Disney's site.

Epcot: Soarin, Test Track & Do Soarin or Test Track again, everything else is walk on if you time it right.

A magicband is not required for FP+, only an RFID ticket, which all new tickets are and if you don't have one, can be swapped at guest services. I think when they are ready for full roll-out, they don't need to do anything different except flip a switch in My Disney Experience allowing anyone with a linked ticket or magicband to start making reservations. There will be lots of questions and screw-ups as people with old tickets get converted over, but I don't think Disney needs to (or should) give away magic bands when they can charge offsite guests for those, all of which can be done online.

Figmentation

I don't know when I'm going again but.. what the heck.. here would be my list -

MK: Splash, Space, and Thunder mountain. - I don't ride all that many FantasyLand rides, and got to ride Peter Pan for the first time in a long time this last June. Fantasyland tends to clear out after Wishes is over so its easier to hop on those rides after dark.

Epcot: Soarin', Test Track, Illuminations -Test Track BEFORE the remodel was hard enough as is to get on, Soarin' wasn't so bad, its line is relaxing and interesting, but the Illuminations FP+ will be realllllly nice. :).

HS: TSMM, RnRC, and ToT obviously. Not a big fan of Fantasmic myself, I'm usually out of HS by the evening anyways.

AK: Everest, Safari.... and the third spot I don't know. Perhaps if I'm feeling it... Lion King if it has it? Not sure... never ran into a long line at Dinosaur, so I see no need for it. Maybe even Primeval Whirl... as I've run into long lines for that ride before as well. Not a fan of rapids rides, so no Kali for me. :)

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward

Only an RFID ticket is required for FP+ Offsite quests will have to pay to upgrade from a RFID card to a Magic Band and they will not be able to link a CC. They only get FP+. the only loop hole is if you buy a photo package as an offsite guest you then get the MB included.

wdwmomof3

parades and fireworks seem to be weekend only
Thank you for this. We leave in 63 days and I am seriously hoping that we get the magic bands. I will be checking MDE everyday!!

I was also wondering what the best strategy for using the bands would be. Since we are going during thanksgiving week and I'm sure it will be busy! I have been trying to plan more carefully than I normally do.

UberPlannerMom

Original Poster
Thank you for this. We leave in 63 days and I am seriously hoping that we get the magic bands. I will be checking MDE everyday!!

I was also wondering what the best strategy for using the bands would be. Since we are going during thanksgiving week and I'm sure it will be busy! I have been trying to plan more carefully than I normally do.
Oh, how exciting! Good luck with everything and let us all know how it goes! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom