Whats the best souvenir you've received or even bought for yourself from a WDW trip??

PaulTetul

Most likely my "Retro" Classic Mickey Shirt.....I bought it back in the earlys 90's....still fits and looks the same as the modern ones.

goofykt

Oh, and my husband tried to talk me out of buying it, and now it's his favorite too :)

It sits on his desk in our home office.

goofykt

Here is my favorite souvenir from WDW:

IMG_1026.JPG

That's awesome - I was just teasing/scaring my husband yesterday that we might have a "Disney baby" after we get back from our trip this coming Sept! :animwink:

WDW 3

Last trip I picked up the $16 print of Thomas Kinkade's "A New Day At Cinderella Castle" I have it framed in my office. Love It!

WDW 3

Oh! We bought our ballerina daughter the ballerina Minnie ornament and had it personalized for the trip. They do such a beautiful job at the Days of Christmas!

Ravenclaw87

LOVE this thread!!

My favorite souvenir has to be a gray Disney Bear my grandparents bought me when I was 15 in 2002. This spurred a slight Disney Bear obsession in me, and I'm so upset that they hardly make them anymore! (Also, I've seen this particular bear on ebay for well over $400, but I could never sell him.)

My second favorite is a ring my boyfriend bought me on our first trip together in 2006--- it's one of those carved rings from Mexico with our initials on it. I look at it and remember all of the fun we had then, and still have!

~Tinkerbell~

My favourite souvenirs that I've bought are CDs from Walt Disney World. I have 'WDW The Happiest Celebration On Earth', 'Disney's Animal Kingdom', 'Fantasmic!' and 'Magic In The Streets Parade Memories'. From Disneyland Paris I also have the '15 Ans De Magie En Musique' CD. :) I love these, simply because whenever I listen to them, they really create the atmosphere of the parks. And they cheer me up whenever I'm feeling a little sad too. :)

djpoore94

Well, it wasn't purchased at the parks, but on our last trip DH presented me with an Eeyore watch on our anniversary. He had it engraved on the back with Happy Anniversary 5/21/09 (which is why it was not purchased at the park). He gave it to me inside the Electric Umbrella which is where we ate lunch (our first meal & first park) on the first day of our first trip together. I was totally blown away because he has never done anything like that before He really put a lot of thought into where to give it to me and went to a lot of trouble to keep it hidden from me until the second day of our trip. I didn't suspect a thing, even when he kept taking the backpack to carry, which is something that I normally carry!

jeopardyfish

Most of the souvenirs I bought for myself or friends are fairly small/typical due to the limitations of airline travel (mostly tshirts and plushes). My favorite "souvenir," however, I picked up (literally) in the Enchanted Tiki Room; one of the birds was molting, so I picked up the feathers from the floor at the end of the show and performed my own disappearing trick with them :D. As much as I hate the Under New Management! show, something like that from an attraction is exactly the kind of "hands-on" (if you will) souvenir I really love. The other souvenir I really love belongs to my grandmother; it's a Mickey which she bought at Magic Kingdom in 1977. He must be better-built than what they sell today, because he's still in great shape and, incidentally, much larger than anything they sell today.

Dragonrider1227

He probably didn't cost nearly as much either :lol: The best I ever bought were the Pirates of the Caribbean action figures. Especially since I got the Captain and the skeleton figure with the sword in his chest (I forgot what they called him) for only five bucks! :eek: I got The Helmsman too, but I paid full price for him.

DznyChick

My favorite souvenir, as cliche as it is, is my Mickey ears. For YEARS, every time I went to WDW, I'd beg my parents to buy me a pair, but they'd always convince me that I would never wear them after the trip, and I'd end up buying a "practical" t-shirt. Well, this last trip, I finally just bought them for myself after fifteen years of over them...and I ADORE them! I had my name added on the back, with the classic Mickey ears. I literally got tears in my eyes when I finally put them on. And although I don't wear them outside the parks, I have them displayed in my room. Take that, Mom and Dad. ;)

hrcollectibles

have they stopped theming the refillable mugs to the resort that you buy them from? i'm sure i got some last summer from carribean beach that had "carribean beach" printed on, but i could be mistaken...

Maybe the Moderates have themed ones but I know the All Star Resorts all have generic ones.

Oh another Favorite Souvenir is my Indiana Jones Antenna Topper (I have 3 just incase I lose one)

jeopardyfish

Maybe the Moderates have themed ones but I know the All Star Resorts all have generic ones.
Perhaps they formerly did, but I would be surprised if the Moderates still have themed mugs, because the Deluxe at which I stayed last week (Grand Floridian) had the same generic mugs they were selling at All-Star Sports in March.

MickeyDent

I have 2 that rank up there.

First is the gift I got from someone else. My then 12 year old daughter had worked for a week doing odd jobs around the house so her mom and I gave her 20 bucks to blow on anything she wanted in the park. Instead of buying something for herself, she spent the money by buying a coffee mug for me and one for my wife. I have to say it is one of my most prized possessions.

Second is the small pistol from the POTC shop. WHen I was a small child I used to bug my parents for one. The always told me no. Then, whan I was about 14, we went to the Magic Kingdom for a field trip. My parents gave me money to buy something. That's the first thing I bought that day.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
The only souveniers..

I ever buy are "vintage" t-shirts, and my faves are
1.Mr Toad's Wild Ride
2.MK
3.EPCOT Center the 21st Century..
4.Experience the Monorail...

In that order!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom