What's Still On and What's Now Off

BrianLo

I too very much think the effects of this will be notably delayed. Unlike other events, there is a pseudo-false logjam of intent from loyalists and trip cancellations artificially all crowding together.

While there will certainly be cancellations aplenty, the rebooking I think will outweigh the economic cancellations.

The pain will really start to occur next year. BUT WDW is fortunate that it has incidentally positioned itself to have one of its biggest marketing pushes we've seen in way more than a decade. DHS is still extremely fresh, Rat/GoTG/Tron and the 50th are also being crowded together. Even more than they already were.

I think WDW as a result might weather this better than expected. But other Disney Resorts, DVC direct purchasing and Universal are likely to really suffer.

Last edited by a moderator:

FigmentsFangirl

Still no update on the list of whats being looked at for abanondment ? {I am worried that the overhaul for spaceship earth is only delayed and not outright cancelled entirely}

peter11435

Still no update on the list of whats being looked at for abanondment ? {I am worried that the overhaul for spaceship earth is only delayed and not outright cancelled entirely}
There can’t be an update when Disney themselves doesn’t know that the future holds for the parks or their projects.

You shouldn’t be worried about the attraction recieving an update. It desperately needs it.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
It needs a lot of refurbishment work, but I wouldn't say it needs an overhaul. Most of the show scenes themselves don't need anything changed.
With the direction the park is going, yes they do. Otherwise, it's pretty out of place for a centerpiece attraction.

Animaniac93-98

IMO, it’s a bit subjective. I’d personally prefer staying at Pop or Art’s Mermaid Rooms to Any of Endless Summer (I don’t need a view of I-Drive’s Red Lobster), but they do cram a good amount of value into those properties. That said, just about anything beats the all stars.

For the price of any of those (Disney or Universal), I'd sooner look for a Hotwire rate at the DoubleTree or Holiday Inn on Major Blvd.

trainplane3

Wouldn't it be something to own an official poster of a (potentially) dead attraction?
They released a few posters today.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Wouldn't it be something to own an official poster of a (potentially) dead attraction?
Really dig that Living Seas poster. I'll wait for the Journey into Imagination poster with Figment. That one is my favorite.

BTW, if you are interested in buying one of these now, there is a 20% off code. Use SAVEMORE in checkout, it brings it down to $72 rather $90. Still pricey but some of these are really well done.

Notes from Neverland

They mention a 2021 opening in the poster listing. Interesting. I'd assume that was written before all of the current events.

trainplane3

They mention a 2021 opening in the poster listing. Interesting. I'd assume that was written before all of the current events.
Like with everything Disney builds, I'm not really considering it confirmed until actual construction starts on it.

Really dig that Living Seas poster. I'll wait for the Journey into Imagination poster with Figment. That one is my favorite.

BTW, if you are interested in buying one of these now, there is a 20% off code. Use SAVEMORE in checkout, it brings it down to $72 rather $90. Still pricey but some of these are really well done.
I missed the SSE one so I grabbed the Living Seas. I'm waiting on the others to go up too.

And that code is funny since it shouldn't be valid at all right now but it works:
15% Off $50, 20% Off $75 or 25% Off $100 or More Restrictions: Valid March 15, 2020 (12:00 am PT) through March 18, 2020 (11:59 pm PT) or while supplies last...

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Like with everything Disney builds, I'm not really considering it confirmed until actual construction starts on it.

I missed the SSE one so I grabbed the Living Seas. I'm waiting on the others to go up too.

And that code is funny since it shouldn't be valid at all right now but it works:
15% Off $50, 20% Off $75 or 25% Off $100 or More Restrictions: Valid March 15, 2020 (12:00 am PT) through March 18, 2020 (11:59 pm PT) or while supplies last...
Yeah I know! I was surprised when I tried it in the Promo Box, but I'll take it! I'm so bummed I missed out of the SSE poster. I'd like to 4 for my room, Living Seas was one of them, so thank you for giving me a heads up on that one!

The_Jobu

70 dollars for a poster though?

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
70 dollars for a poster though?
To each their own, it's a high quality print with a limited run of 100. I think for me, this isn't out of the norm. Concert posters, day of show, are 60 bucks, that are cheap low quality "limited" to 6,000. Plus, they are visually stunning with most of my beloved defunct attractions.

SpaceMountain77

Yeah I know! I was surprised when I tried it in the Promo Box, but I'll take it! I'm so bummed I missed out of the SSE poster. I'd like to 4 for my room, Living Seas was one of them, so thank you for giving me a heads up on that one!

I, too, purchased The Living Seas this morning and hope to add The Land, when and if, it is released.

Guess you can say I am a World Nature kind of guy 🌱🌊

The_Jobu

To each their own, it's a high quality print with a limited run of 100. I think for me, this isn't out of the norm. Concert posters, day of show, are 60 bucks, that are cheap low quality "limited" to 6,000. Plus, they are visually stunning with most of my beloved defunct attractions.

I get Disney prices, but oof. That's a pricey poster, especially if the discount wasn't working. Still, probably doesn't even crack the top 20 crazy Disney buys, so everything is relative.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom