What's Still On and What's Now Off

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Amish? I think I’ve seen one Amish family there before. I’ve seen (relatively) lots of Mennonites, but I know they’re a bit more liberal with technology, although I don’t know if they’re more in the dumb phone camp or the smart phone camp.

Edit: OH! And those Buddhist monks in the orange toga things that come all the time! But they have guides with them that might have phones. Anyway, I really have no idea, but I wouldn’t assume it’s 100% smart phone users. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Central Park - May 2018:

53AB3B06-CD46-4048-B2D9-8487F4A1A76F.jpeg

WEDway Inc & Company LLC

"It is my pleasure to announce 4 new attractions opening at Walt Disney World for the 50th anniversary- one for each park.
1. At Magic Kingdom, We will open Cinderella's Royal Drawing Academy in the space previously occupied by Peter Pan's Flight.
2. At EPCOT, we will open a new food kiosk in the middle of World Showcase lagoon.
3. At Hollywood Studios., we will replace Millennium Falcon: Smuggler's Run with a new, improved Vekoma Boomerang.
4. At Animal Kingdom, we will relocated TriceraTop Spin to the top of Expedition Everest.
Thanks for your time everybody, enjoy the 50th anniversary of WDW!"

- Bob Chapek, 2021

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Amish? I think I’ve seen one Amish family there before. I’ve seen (relatively) lots of Mennonites, but I know they’re a bit more liberal with technology, although I don’t know if they’re more in the dumb phone camp or the smart phone camp.
Every Mennonite I know has a cell phone. One worked at the Apple Store for a couple years. I've known quite a few here in Ohio.

If I understand correctly, an Amish family would be allowed to enjoy Disney World but would be unable to partake in elements of rides in which they themselves manage some form of modern technology (e.g. they could ride Dumbo but not make the elephant go up and down)

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
"It is my pleasure to announce 4 new attractions opening at Walt Disney World for the 50th anniversary- one for each park.
1. At Magic Kingdom, We will open Cinderella's Royal Drawing Academy in the space previously occupied by Peter Pan's Flight.
2. At EPCOT, we will open a new food kiosk in the middle of World Showcase lagoon.
3. At Hollywood Studios., we will replace Millennium Falcon: Smuggler's Run with a new, improved Vekoma Boomerang.
4. At Animal Kingdom, we will relocated TriceraTop Spin to the top of Expedition Everest.
Thanks for your time everybody, enjoy the 50th anniversary of WDW!"

- Bob Chapek, 2021

Vekoma Boomerang 😂

ImperfectPixie

You’re literally classified as a boomer if you’re 56.
People who have lived longer have more real-world experience than you do. Using "Okay, Boomer" as a means to insult them or to insinuate that what they're saying isn't true is rude and disrespectful, and a tool often used by those who happen to fall in the Millennial or Gen-Z categories...because they don't know any better.

pdude81

youre 37. Not 60. Age doesn’t mean anything. I currently have a temporary summer job at Walmart due to COVID shutting down the family business, and I wouldn’t take advice from ANYbody here no matter how old they are.

Your only criteria is whether or not they have a cell phone, correct?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
People who have lived longer have more real-world experience than you do. Using "Okay, Boomer" as a means to insult them or to insinuate that what they're saying isn't true is rude and disrespectful, and a tool often used by those who happen to fall in the Millennial or Gen-Z categories...because they don't know any better.
I agree that the term “ok boomer” is often misinterpreted by boomers.

I am not disagreeing with the fact that older people have more real word experiences. But I’m also aware of the other fact that a majority of theme park guests go with cell phones. In fact, I find it ridiculous that I have to defend this point.

I don’t even care if you use a cell phone or not at Disney. but that doesn’t mean that 1). Literally almost everyone else doesn’t use a cell phone at Disney, just open your eyes. 2). It doesn’t mean “back in my day” is still relevant today. And 3). It doesn’t mean that the WDW experience to heavily rely on smartphones is a bad thing just because the older folks don’t like changing times.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Your only criteria is whether or not they have a cell phone, correct?
Honestly at this point I dont know what anyone is trying to prove. I’m just stating that just about every group that goes to Disney, at least one person is going to have a cell phone.

When I worked at WDW last spring, there was not one person who said “I dont have the MDE app on my phone.” Just saying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom