What's special about World Showcase?

H20Babie

France is one of my "cannot miss." I always buy perfume from Gurlain (Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune), sample the wines at La Maison du Vin (I usually buy one or two bottles), grab some pastry from Boulangerie Patisserie, and then shop at La Signature.

peakovic

Don't miss the entertainment. Off Kilter is a must see! They perform in the Canadian Pavillion. The Chinese Acrobats are great, and so is Mo-Rockin'. Grab and entertainment schedule and enjoy.

EPCOT.nut

Don't miss the entertainment. Off Kilter is a must see! They perform in the Canadian Pavillion. The Chinese Acrobats are great, and so is Mo-Rockin'. Grab and entertainment schedule and enjoy.

I totally agree. Being a pretty-much local I miss a lot of this because I am rushing through trying to do 2 parks in less than a full day. I must say that if the British Invasion is there we have to see as many show times as possible. I really like them.

wannabeBelle

um everything????? Seriously though, WS is one of my favorite areas of the parks. Between the music, the attractions, the food, and the atmosphere, it is a great place to wander around and get lost in another culture. The one time I made the effort to see and do everything (or as close as I could get) It took me a full day for WS by itself!!!! Dont miss this!!! Belle

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
DEAL! Terrible I have only visited France once as the entire country and that was when I was in high school. (Looong time ago!) :lol: I don't know why I pass it up. I just do! But I will visit in the next few weeks (hopefully this Sunday if I get my way) and I will check out France in its entirety.

You've probably done it all before but I like to chill out around the Koi in Japan and the gardens in front of and around the theatre in China. My parents were really into Chinese and asian culture and I've come away with an appreciation for those countries also.

I actually just spent alot of time in China very recently, for the first time in years. I had forgotten how nice it was there. I really really liked it. I was taking pictures as if I was a tourist and had never seen it before and would never be back! :lol:

So next time Japan it is. It's been a long time since I've stopped there too so I'll do that. Another thing I don't stop for is the shows that go on outside of the various countries... acrobats, bands, etc. so next trip will be all about stopping for things that I usually walk by! wOOt, sounds like fun :sohappy:

OhioDVCgal

I think everyone here has given such a nice description, but I'll add my 2 cents.

One of my favorite things to see in WS is the Canada movie. I liked the old one better, but the new one is okay too. Also don't miss the American Adventure, Norway boat ride and Mexico boat ride.

I think it's easy to race around and try to see everything in a short amount of time, but if you can get yourself to relax, just take your time and enjoy. Be sure to check the free concert schedule during the festival too. We saw Sheena Easton and Starship while we were there...woot! :sohappy:

kcw

I'm sad nobody has mentioned this one yet- I absolutely LOVE watching Sergio in Italy!! I definitely have my favorite performer, but I'm sure others are just as good!

MinnieLee

We love WS. Have to stop in the bakery in France and get a cheese platter and pastries to take back to the room. Also, going into United Kingdom, getting a drink in the Rose & Crown and going to see the British Invasion in the gardens. Off Kilter in Canada. My husand loves Mo Rockin' - it has to be the belly dancer. The concerts in American Gardens Theatre. The mariachi in Mexico and the shopping all over. Everywhere you go there a taste of the countries. We went to London three years ago and stayed by Hyde Park. We were kdding around about finding the "real" Rose & Crown. We were floored when three blocks from the hotel on a side street we found the Rose & Crown. It didn't really look like the one in WS but the bartender told us that he had just been back from WDW and went to it himself. WS is fantastic! 6 Days to go and counting! :wave:

Eyekimore

I agree with all the folks that mentioned the bakery in France. You haven't lived until you've had a Napolean! I'll be honest- I usually skip the movies- but recently I went to France's movie. I loved it! I especially enjoyed hearing French composer Camille Saint-Saens music playing in it. That's Disney for you! Attention to detail!

I also LOVE the train display in Germany. I could watch that for hours- as well as the egg painter lady in Germany. She blows the inside of the egg out of a pin-hole and then paints the fragile shells. WOW!

Then there's the egg competition at American Pavillion. A few times a year- they have a guy who paints wooden eggs. OMG- they are gorgeous. I have a musical one on my piano! Believe it or not- I actually ran into him on LBI in Jersey!

I love the music from the different pavillions. It's just neat to stroll and imagine yourself really there.

Phonedave

I agree with all the folks that mentioned the bakery in France. You haven't lived until you've had a Napolean! I'll be honest- I usually skip the movies- but recently I went to France's movie. I loved it! I especially enjoyed hearing French composer Camille Saint-Saens music playing in it. That's Disney for you! Attention to detail!

I also LOVE the train display in Germany. I could watch that for hours- as well as the egg painter lady in Germany. She blows the inside of the egg out of a pin-hole and then paints the fragile shells. WOW!

Then there's the egg competition at American Pavillion. A few times a year- they have a guy who paints wooden eggs. OMG- they are gorgeous. I have a musical one on my piano! Believe it or not- I actually ran into him on LBI in Jersey!

I love the music from the different pavillions. It's just neat to stroll and imagine yourself really there.

My buddy Jutta Levasser :D That would be the "egg artist". I talked to her for about a hour once. I bought two of her eggs (one was a gift for my parents). The last few times I have been there she was not. That's yet another "magical memory" certificate my kids have - "helping paint an egg"

"Must do's" - everything. But really, the last 5 trips I have started buying a stein from Germany each trip (yeah, I know I can get them cheaper around here - but they are a trip memory thing for me). Now Germany also has automatic watches that are (as far as automatics are concerend) cheap. So I go in there and look. Maybe one day I will buy :D. I also try and see if anybody in Germany asks me about my last name (It means "dagger" in German). Every so often someone will :D

I also have to go to Norway (the other major chunk of my heriatge - even though I have never been there) and talk to the CM's. Last time Geir Ness was there which I though was pretty cool.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom