What's so great about Dole Whip?

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
O.k., I know this may sound crazy and stupid and everyone will probably hate me for this but..........What's so great about Dole Whip???

I mean it's just frogurt (frozen yougurt) right?

So why does everyone have an endless fasination with it (just look at the comments about the new Captain Cook's)?

I'm sorry but I'm just really confused now

LostNametag

No one has responded to this thread because they are all in too much shock at your unbelief. ;) When I was down there my bf and I would go to MK just to get one, then head for our destination. =) They're just yummy.

O.k., I know this may sound crazy and stupid and everyone will probably hate me for this but..........What's so great about Dole Whip???

I mean it's just frogurt (frozen yougurt) right?

So why does everyone have an endless fasination with it (just look at the comments about the new Captain Cook's)?

I'm sorry but I'm just really confused now

Have you ever tried one? Try it...then you'll know...

Mmmm...Pineappley Goodness...

It's one of those foods you can eat that makes everything in your life seem ok, even if it's only for those few minutes...

MrsPilk

I was wondering the same thing the other day. We have only been to the world once and we missed the dole whip that time. Were going back sometime next year and will be sure to try one then. But what is it........is it kinda like pineapple juice flavored ice cream? We have a yummy local treat that is called a Pineapple Whip its tastes kinda like pineapple juice flavored ice cream and is VERY yummy!

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
The nice thing about Dole Whips (and PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong) is they're not all that horrible for you since it's frozen pineapple juice. Anyone have nutritional stats on them?

The Dole Whip Float is my favorite :slurp::slurp::slurp:

NadieMasK2

I know I go against the crowd here, but they don't do much for me. I think I'll try a float next time, maybe it will be better, but honestly it wasn't worth the wait. That line (at DL) was longer than many attractions! Actually, there were ppl in the Dole Whip line who thought they were waiting for Jungle Cruise.

Brett

I'm actually a bigger fan of the Citrus Swirl from the Sunshine Tree Terrace. It's right there in Adventureland as well and it's orange flavor. Much better.

doop

Next time I'm down there, that's one of the first things I'm buying, considering all I hear about them. I've always been about turkey legs.

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
Animaniac93-98: Well I'm sorry for asking.

Pineapple God: You are the worst thing to happen to Adventureland since Iago came in! (and thats really bad!:fork:)

Animaniac93-98: No Please! Don't! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

but seriously, if it tastes like pinapple that's probably why I never cared to try it (I'm not a big pinapple fan). But the Orange thing sounds good :slurp:

MissM

but seriously, if it tastes like pinapple that's probably why I never cared to try it (I'm not a big pinapple fan). But the Orange thing sounds good :slurp:
Love doesn't like pineapple either, but he enjoys a heck out of a Dole Whip. I get it as a pineapple float - pineapple soft serve in pineapple juice - but he just gets the pineapple soft serve. Many a person who never really enjoyed pineapple has realized that Dole Whip is in fact the nectar of the gods. :lol:
-m

Scooter

I, too, was once a Dole Whip skeptic.

I would walk past the Dole whip stand with the long lines and say to myself...

..."There's no WAY I'm gonna stand in line for pineapple flavored ice cream!"

But then one day, all that changed...
...My wife and I walked past the Dole Whip stand and there was no one in line. I thought to myself "well, as long as there's no line I might as well find out what all the fuss is about."
So we bought 2 Dole Whip Floats.
That's all it took...we were caught...hook, line, and sinker.

I'm not sure how to discribe the taste of a Dole Whip.
When you eat one, It's kinda like when you fall down and scrape your knee as a child and your mother picks you up, hugs you, kisses the boo-boo, and then tells you everything is going to be alright. It's a warm, comfortable feeling, and yet it's cool and refreshing at the same time.
If you've never tried a Dole Whip, I urge you to do so. It's a life changing experiance.

Hi....My name is Scooter....and I'm a DoleWhipaholic:sohappy:

BigNormsMom

:lookaroun Hey, on October 29, 2005, Big John posted the query " What is a Dole Whip"?...... I advise you to go into that forum and read it carefully. I believe there were quite a few answers to his question. There is no discribing a dole whip, it is just a state of mind. :sohappy: It's the Magic Kingdom and the Magic and the satisfaction of seeing your children, and in my case, grandchildren enjoying their life to the fullest. My late husband, would tell yo that the magic was popcorn, but we never went to Mk without a dole whip. Enjoy every day, because when you walk out, it may be your last time.:cry: Don't mean to bring you people down, but if you have not tried it, why knock it:veryconfu

natalia1681

Pineapple God: You are the worst thing to happen to Adventureland since Iago came in! (and thats really bad!:fork:)

A

Wow, Pineapple God is cranky today:eek:

Okay, I have never had a Dole Whip either and am now more curious. Is it pineapple flavored ice cream, or vanilla ice cream with pineapple juice poured over it?:eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom