"What's Next" Presentation cancelled.....

PeterAlt

After letting this topic soak in, I have these afterthoughts to say:

1. What was the last time new attractions were announced for WDW?

Avatarland. And it was announced outside of the normally scheduled event cycle.

Therefore, it is not out of the question that the company could surprise us and announce something during an unscheduled event outside the normal regular pattern of annually scheduled event invites, when they're "ready".

2. Looking back during the years when people here thought Eisner was the anti-mouse, I said back then that he wasn't and now (in light of recent years of construction stagnation at WDW) I feel vindicated that I was right.

He did have somewhat of an ego and events of his later years made him somewhat less of a mouse.

Anyone who was privileged enough to ever have received an e-mail from him could attest to his big ego, as his real personal email address was BigCheese@disney.com! (Seriously, it was!)

Adam5897

I'm so sick of TDO And I never thought I would. I'm starting to regret booking my trip for next year. I would much rather go to disneyland and give them my business when they have put in over a billion dollars into DCA and actually are giving the fans what they want. Not to mention I really want to expreience cars land.

ParentsOf4

I'm so sick of TDO And I never thought I would. I'm starting to regret booking my trip for next year. I would much rather go to disneyland and give them my business when they have out in over a billion dollars into DCA and actually are giving the feats what they want. Not to mention I really want to expreience cars land.
Chin up; don't let this TDO stuff get you down. WDW is still a lot of fun. Think of all the wonderful things to do there and arrive with a positive attitude. You'll have a great time!

Adam5897

Chin up; don't let this TDO stuff get you down. WDW is still a lot of fun. Think of all the wonderful things to do there and arrive with a positive attitude. You'll have a great time!

Good point...but still it's just disappointing. WDW has even more potential and it's not being taken advantage of. And I really want to experience something new and that's why I would rather go to DL.

PeterAlt

Just because there's less construction does not mean anything bad. Quantity does not necessarily equal quality.
I'll agree that quality is up, but quality was very good during the first few years. Look at the Great Movie Ride, Tower of Tower, and Splash Mountain as key examples. Even when quality was at its lowest, there were extreme exceptions to that rule, such as the Tree of Life at DAK. Then, before he left, he pushed Paul Pressler out and approved EE, like as if he was saying "sorry - my bad. Here's a little something to help make up for it!"

steamboat wil

Speaking of canceling things, I have cancelled our summer family trip to WDW this year. No wait, I renamed it our summer family trip to USO, IOA, and the Beach. It's just odd I switched everything on the same day TDO proves again to be incompetent of their decision making. I think the name was changed so that details of existing projects "around the world" are discussed. If it stayed a " what's next" title people would be pretty bummed out when it's the same things that have already been announced. This went from possibly something of substance to a re-cap of things happening now IMHO.

I really don't care how it happens, as long as Meg gets her obligatory Walt quotes in somehow in the next few days, I'll be content.

What's New, What's Next has really been just telling us stuff we already knew about previously announced projects. The replacement presentation ,if you will, does what What's New, What's Next has done anyway.

And with any luck, this could be Meg and Phil's last big hoopla.

twebber55

i find it interesting that this presentation is at night on a friday....gotta be a reason to do it at night....could have something to do with spectro or maybe something else

Captain Chaos

i find it interesting that this presentation is at night on a friday....gotta be a reason to do it at night....could have something to do with spectro or maybe something else
Their presentations are usually at night, if I am not mistaken, when they host media for grand openings... A press release will probably come out during the day, if not that morning...

Funmeister

Years ago they used to hold an annual press conference on October 1st and it was called "The State of Our World Address." Announcements were of substance and not made to talk about expanded Fantasmic bench seating, charging for resort valet service or what can we vinyl the momorail with now!

Part of the problem is Disney (thinks) they figured that people demand less so they can do less yet continue to charge more by resting on their laurels of the past.

Captain Chaos

ok thanks..im still kind of new to the game
I could be wrong LOL... I remember last time though they had the announcement at night, in the Philharmagic theater I think... D23 announcements are usually at night too... And nothing like announcing that the parks will remain stagnant on a Friday night when no one is paying attention because they are 1) getting their weekend drink on; 2) preparing for the holidays; 3) getting their weekend drink on.... LOL..

BigThunderMatt

Is Universal's Saturday press conference still on? I'd like to believe that is when they're announcing Potter 2.0 and, if that is truly the case, Disney probably got wind and realized that ANYTHING with substance (meaning its not just proposed concept at this moment in time) would be overshadowed by Potter expansion news.

HenryMystic

Is Universal's Saturday press conference still on? I'd like to believe that is when they're announcing Potter 2.0 and, if that is truly the case, Disney probably got wind and realized that ANYTHING with substance (meaning its not just proposed concept at this moment in time) would be overshadowed by Potter expansion news.
What Saturday press conference?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom