Whats in TSM building?

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Conversely I think the third TSMM track is a much better use of the space than a Monsters Inc door coaster, which could still be built anywhere.
Correct. And thanks to a few “creative” document changes and the inattention of large corporations it looks like that place is my backyard. However, the CM still makes me use genie+ if I want to skip the queue despite living rent free in my basement wardrobe. What a jerk!

rct247

No, the closest it ever came to existence was next to TSM where the third track is today. There was concept art, site plans, and full engineering documents produced. Even some elements built. In fact if you know/knew what you were looking for there were a few rather large elements constructed as part of the transition from Toy Story to Monsters

...as seen here with the metal lattice work behind Sulley and found at the end of what's left of Pixar Place.

Attachments

• mon_ot1.jpg
    mon_ot1.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 154
  • An-Incredible-Celebration-Hollywood-Studios-12.jpg
    An-Incredible-Celebration-Hollywood-Studios-12.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 158

SpectreJordan

I had a coworker years ago who opened TSM and told me that the door coaster was more than a rumor. He told me that they had track delivered and was being stored in the soundstage.
Man, that's crazy if true. I wonder what made them change their minds if they were that far. Did they think adding more to Toy Story Mania would help capacity better than the coaster?

J4546

Original Poster
if they were gonna build a monsters inc coaster in the spot where the 3rd track is, it must have been a very small coaster

UNCgolf

if they were gonna build a monsters inc coaster in the spot where the 3rd track is, it must have been a very small coaster

I assume it would have been a family coaster for a Pixar property, so it likely wouldn't have needed a ton of space.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I had a coworker years ago who opened TSM and told me that the door coaster was more than a rumor. He told me that they had track delivered and was being stored in the soundstage.
I wonder where that coaster is now... if it was far enough along that they were getting track deliveries, than it's safe to assume the actual manufacturing of the track and trains were likely complete (or very close to it) and it's highly unlikely that it would have just gone to the scrap heap... Disney would have either installed it elsewhere or the manufacturer would have found some other park to sell it to... (possibly in Asia)

Walter Elias Disney

I wonder where that coaster is now... if it was far enough along that they were getting track deliveries, than it's safe to assume the actual manufacturing of the track and trains were likely complete (or very close to it) and it's highly unlikely that it would have just gone to the scrap heap... Disney would have either installed it elsewhere or the manufacturer would have found some other park to sell it to... (possibly in Asia)
No track was delivered for a Monsters coaster.

Walter Elias Disney

The show building for The Great Movie Ride continues to have empty space...currently utilized for storage. The Runaway Railroad doesn't utilize all of the show building from the previous occupant.

Touchdown

The show building for The Great Movie Ride continues to have empty space...currently utilized for storage. The Runaway Railroad doesn't utilize all of the show building from the previous occupant.
You sure about that? I mean Disney chose not to build a gift shop after the ride, if they had extra space it seems that a gift shop would have been priority #1

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom