News Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster closing for refurbishment in January 2024

Moth

I think you can fit most rethemes easily in this. Just think up a fast and funny premise for the guests to be on some sort of speedy transportation and done.

Of course, just because they can doesn't mean they should...
Easy theme idea.
You must avoid the press because YOU the rider is the new HIT star, and Bob Iger wants you on a contract. On the way you see a bunch of celebrities and like, there's this business man, who tells you

"NOW DON'T BE LATE, BABE! MWAH!"

Also a bunch of figures of B-list celebs.

See? Pretty sure this has never been done before.

twilight mitsuk

Easy theme idea.
You must avoid the press because YOU the rider is the new HIT star, and Bob Iger wants you on a contract. On the way you see a bunch of celebrities and like, there's this business man, who tells you

"NOW DON'T BE LATE, BABE! MWAH!"

Also a bunch of figures of B-list celebs.

See? Pretty sure this has never been done before.
Themed to prince Harry

Vclguy90

I thought it was planned to open for the summer/May but it's scheduled down all the way until July 5th (the latest official date I can look as of this post). Anyone have any news on what's going on?

ToTBellHop

I thought it was planned to open for the summer/May but it's scheduled down all the way until July 5th (the latest official date I can look as of this post). Anyone have any news on what's going on?
It was originally planned to reopen for “summer” but I don’t know what they’re doing. It certainly SHOULD be retracked but I think someone would’ve noticed the Vekoma deliveries.

PREMiERdrum

It certainly SHOULD be retracked but I think someone would’ve noticed the Vekoma deliveries.
No retracking on the horizon AFAIK.

I think this round is for a system control overhaul... ad hoc sensor replacements over the last several years have caused some, um, issues. Don't know for certain, but I'd expect an all (or at least mostly) new nervous system is being installed.

Vclguy90

I think this round is for a system control overhaul... ad hoc sensor replacements over the last several years have caused some, um, issues. Don't know for certain, but I'd expect an all (or at least mostly) new nervous system is being installed.
But is there really no estimate on when it will reopen?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

I also remember reading that new brake hardware was needed, due to the last round installed last year using "incorrect" material.

It was surprisingly smooth the last time we rode. When my wife says it's smoother, it's smoother. She usually can only ride once and her neck is a mess.

gorillaball

Olivia is on a US tour playing MSG as a teenager. Tyler and the boys could not even fill a basketball arena in a small college when they were poor musicians starting out.
Um, Aerosmith played MSG in 1975 (yes older, Tyler was 27), but they also played in 2024. Let's see if Olivia Rodrigo is playing MSG in 2073. I'm not dissing her, she is popular and talented but your analogy is flawed. Because she became popular at a younger age makes her more deserving?

Lilofan

Um, Aerosmith played MSG in 1975 (yes older, Tyler was 27), but they also played in 2024. Let's see if Olivia Rodrigo is playing MSG in 2073. I'm not dissing her, she is popular and talented but your analogy is flawed. Because she became popular at a younger age makes her more deserving?
No, what she accomplishes in her young age , Tyler could not do until years later.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom