Trip Report What's going on with my clothes??

The title.

It's what I've been having the hardest time with for the last week or so. I'm not totally sold on it but I must say that it did make for a lot of laughs(at my expense of course). When I think about how much energy I've channeled to coming up with something, especially when that energy could have been put to better use( like at work or something), I decided to stick with this & move forward. Otherwise, this TR would never get started. Anyways, welcome to my very first trip report!! I'm happy with myself for finally doing one & I'm more than excited to relive our adventures & share them with you fine people!!
So, let me start by getting the introductions out of the way......

WHO: R & myself, my sister E & her son J, my sister C & her husband D & their daughters E & A

WHEN: June 18th-25th *C,D,E & A's plans were a little different than ours. They were there 6/21-7/7*

WHERE: my home away from home, POR

Here's the crew: myself, R, D, C, E(niece), E(sister), J & A
IMG_3583.JPG

Glad to have you along for our adventures!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
MONDAY, JUNE 18TH
My vacation started as they all should--I had to go to work:arghh:. I got a phone call the night before & was told the power went out while our registers & computer system were shutting down for the day. I had to go in to make sure things were ok before I left. So, I left for work at 5:30 that morning & was out of there by 6:45 & on the way to the airport.

At 7:37 we were headed through here:
IMG_2562.jpg

Best $85.00 ever spent! By 7:44 we were on our "first" monorail ride of the trip. J insists that this is a monorail also.
IMG_2563.jpg

J knows his way through the airport quite well. Let's just say he's been to WDW quite a few times. He also never forgets about a particular toy store in the airport. He makes it known that it's a must to stop there.

MegRuss626

MONDAY, JUNE 18TH
My vacation started as they all should--I had to go to work:arghh:. I got a phone call the night before & was told the power went out while our registers & computer system were shutting down for the day. I had to go in to make sure things were ok before I left. So, I left for work at 5:30 that morning & was out of there by 6:45 & on the way to the airport.

At 7:37 we were headed through here:
View attachment 297116

Best $85.00 ever spent! By 7:44 we were on our "first" monorail ride of the trip. J insists that this is a monorail also.
View attachment 297117

J knows his way through the airport quite well. Let's just say he's been to WDW quite a few times. He also never forgets about a particular toy store in the airport. He makes it known that it's a must to stop there.

I recognize that airport! 😏 92 days until I get to see it again after two long years!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
I recognize that airport! 😏 92 days until I get to see it again after two long years!
Yay!! How exciting!! If I can offer a word of advice-don't eat at Bar Symon. They consistently have the slowest service I have ever seen. Don't they know people have flights to catch?? After many years of dining there we finally got wise and passed on them this trip.
92 days:)-have fun!!

MegRuss626

Yay!! How exciting!! If I can offer a word of advice-don't eat at Bar Symon. They consistently have the slowest service I have ever seen. Don't they know people have flights to catch?? After many years of dining there we finally got wise and passed on them this trip.
92 days:)-have fun!!

Our gate seems to ALWAYS be right by the Cinnabon/Auntie Annies so I HAVE to get a center of the roll...calories don’t count in Disney or in the airport on the way to Disney 😂

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
MONDAY, JUNE 18TH(CONT.)
The four of us got food from different places and decided to sit at the gate & eat. It took a bit to find R his daily banana that he "has" to have but fortunately we located one. (In all fairnesss to R, Starbucks to my sister & I is like him & his daily banana.) With Starbucks, banana, & Chick Fil A in hand we headed to the gate. After eating E & I decide to use the restroom. Now, since I had left the house that morning something didn't feel quite right. Remember I left for work at 5:30 so it was dark. Did you ever walk outside in the dark & feel like you walked into a spiderweb? That's what I felt like all morning. But, I soon found out what the culprit was.
I present to you the FIRST clothes disaster of the trip:
IMG_2564.jpg

Somehow the hem had come undone so between that side of the shorts hanging down further than the other side & the thread that was hanging that's what I kept feeling. A nice lady cleaning the restrooms saw the (what felt like) 20 foot string hanging from my shorts and was nice enough to cut it off for me. Now, this may not seem like a big deal to some and I know I'm no fashion plate but things like this really annoy me. The worst part is I have nothing to change into. I don't bring a carry on so I'm pretty much out of luck until I get my luggage or I find some shorts in Disney-whatever comes first. Everyone had a good laugh at my expense. I called my mom and she told me to buy a sewing kit in Disney and have E sew them b/c she knows I'm nowhere near capable of that task.(Little background on me--I am not domesticated in the least. I like to clean so I'll do all the Thanksgiving dishes but please don't ask me to make anything.)

Time to try to forget about the shorts. We're getting ready to board!
IMG_2565.jpg

R, E & J utilized family boarding & tried to save me a seat. I was quite surprised to find J in an aisle seat. He always wants the window. E said it was b/c he wanted to sit near R. Any time we get on a plane this is what J does--"reads" the safety instructions & the Southwest magazine. He's three so I'm not sure how much he's really getting out of it but it cracks me up every time.
IMG_2566.jpg

IMG_2567.jpg

If you're thinking that the gum is there to help the ears of the little one you would be mistaken. It was for the big kid across the aisle!!
IMG_2568.jpg

IMG_2569.jpg

Yeah, I know it was an a.m. flight but we had the coupons so why not--besides we're on vacation!! For some reason though they never collected them so I still have them!!
IMG_2571.jpg

Getting closer!!
IMG_2572.PNG

J & I have matching shoes!!
IMG_2573.jpg

UP NEXT: ARRIVING IN ORLANDO!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
MONDAY, JUNE 18TH(CONT.)

Time for the "second" monorail ride of the trip!!
IMG_2574.jpg

I'm not quite sure how R felt about posing for this picture:oops:
IMG_2575.jpg

DME wasn't crowded at all. I always breathe a sigh of relief to see it this way.
IMG_2578.jpg
IMG_2580.jpg
IMG_2581.jpg

Might this be ours??
IMG_2582.jpg

No--we got a cruise line bus. Oh well, as long as it gets us there!!
This picture was taken at 12:18.
IMG_2583.jpg

At 12:48 we were here!!
IMG_2584.jpg

I'm finally home!! I missed Riverside so much(even though it had only been 5 months since my last stay)!!
IMG_2585.jpg

While we waited to get the stroller off the cruise line/ME R & J played some bean bag toss.
IMG_2586.jpg

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
MONDAY, JUNE 18TH(CONT.)

Since we hadn't received a text that our rooms were ready we decided to proceed to MK!!
Of course this would come while we were waiting for the bus.
IMG_2587.PNG

I'm glad the monitors were accurate during our stay since the newly launched "bus wait times" feature on the app didn't work for almost the whole trip.:cautious:
IMG_2588.jpg

Hello MK!!
IMG_2590.jpg

Besides E, I don't think the rest of us were ready for this picture--esp. J! He looks like he is angry with the world!! Either that or he's not a Tinkerbell fan!!
IMG_3618.jpg

No, I don't think Tink was the culprit!!
IMG_3619.jpg

Before we went in we stopped to pick up our AP cards. The CM I had wasn't too pleasant. I had taken my expired one out of my wallet & she pretty much snatched it from me & didn't give it back!! It was just kind of weird.

What a beautiful sight!!
IMG_2591.jpg

R has never ate at Casey's & really wanted to so that was our lunch spot. In my opinion Casey's is pretty much a zoo all of the time. I just think the ordering areas are too small so it becomes very congested in there. There have been times I've avoided eating there just b/c I didn't want to deal with the circus. However, that all changed when Mobile Ordering was born. I swear we tapped we were there & the food was ready within a couple of minutes.
R went with the footlong & I had the corn dog nuggets.
IMG_2592.jpg

The food was great but towards the end of the meal things went south. Sitting at the table next to us was a mother & her 2/3 year old daughter. We assumed that mom must have given her too much water(it looked like a gallon)not long before. All of a sudden the kid started vomiting all over the ground. My Baggallini was on the ground so that unfortunately received a little shower before I could grab it.
I felt sorry for the girl but I was quite grossed out about my bag. I cleaned it with napkins & hand wipes as best as I could all while the poor kid threw up not once but 3 more times!! Really mom, is your hot dog that important that you can't take your kid to the bathroom? Also, she obviously gave no thought to those of us around her who were trying to eat while this was going on. As we, quite quickly I might add, got up to leave she looked at me and apologized.
At that point, I felt the way he looks:
IMG_2593.jpg

No time to dwell on the negative though!! Focus on this & things will get better!!
IMG_2597.jpg

We headed up Main Street to look around some shops & saw these guys out & about!!
IMG_2594.jpg

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm in!! I struggle with titles too :rolleyes: In all aspects of life...blogging, news releases for work, etc. It's so hard to summarize things!

Also, yes Pre-check is money well spent!! I love it so much.

Excited to read more!
I totally agree! I'm not very creative so I don't think that helps me either!!

Pre-check is the best. Pittsburgh's not so bad but going through security in Orlando can be a bit frustrating so having it is a blessing.

Thanks for following!!:)

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
MONDAY, JUNE 18TH(CONT.)

While walking through the shops J fell asleep. I noticed Snow White was out with only one family waiting so I suggested that we walk over to meet her. She talked a lot about J & compared him to Sleepy.
IMG_3617.JPG
IMG_3616.JPG
IMG_3615.JPG

Take note of the shorts--they've really taken a turn for the worse!!:arghh:
IMG_3614.jpg

We headed back up Main Street. Mom of the year must have gained some sense b/c I didn't see her there anymore!!
IMG_2598.jpg

FOF was getting ready to start so R & I watched it from Liberty Square. J was still sleeping so E went in Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe with him so the music wouldn't wake him. I absolutely love this parade!! I'm not a parade type person but I really like this one. However, one thing I will not do is camp out ahead of time to find a spot. I don't care to have a front row seat. As long as I can see some of it I'm ok. R's tall so he doesn't have to worry about things like that. I thought the view was perfect from where we were.
IMG_2599.jpg
IMG_2600.jpg
IMG_2601.jpg
IMG_2602.jpg
IMG_2603.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom