Whats a more impressive nighttime show: Fantasmic Or Illuminations

ssidiouss@mac.c

Original Poster
I'm taking 2 disney newbies with our family this year on our WDW Vacation.. we were going to do Fantasmic first night but my wife thinks that Illuminations is the more impressive night time show to show someone at Disney World.. and im sort of in agreement. I was curious to how many people here would choose Illuminations over Fantasmic as the more impressive nighttime show to show someone on thier first night at Disney World. :drevil:

Parkerbexar

I think Fantasmic is better by far :) I just saw Disneyland's Fantasmic this weekend on youtube and its way better anybody think they will update WDW's Fantasmic any time soon? :shrug:

lpet11984

I think Illuminations is more impressive...gets me choked up every time. For some reason, the choreography between the music and the fireworks seems to be more insync with Illuminations than it is with Fantasmic, but it may very well just be my perception.

Champion

The more impressive is obviously Illuminations. The water screens, while cool, are not "impressive".

This is not to say that Fantasmic is not a great show. It is. But Illuminations is a far more impressive experience.

That said, first nighttime Disney show, I would go with Wishes. (With Illuminations a close second).

jonesenon4

:sohappy: just my opinion but i think for a newbie i would suggest fantasmic.the reason is you are in a stadium and everyone has a good view.at illuminations your viewing area is only by chance and could be very bad making the show less enjoyible. i enjoy both shows but the viewing for fantasmic is much better. have a great trip.:sohappy:

DisneyRoxMySox

I think Illuminations is more impressive...gets me choked up every time. For some reason, the choreography between the music and the fireworks seems to be more insync with Illuminations than it is with Fantasmic, but it may very well just be my perception.

It's as if those words came right out of my mouth..

Illumination, is a great experience.

It reminds me of a story when after watching Illuminations, a Father of a family with two little girls, went to a custodial CM and said "Thank you, that was truly a great experience." The CM just smiled and said "Your welcome." :D The story gets me everytime. :eek:

SnowFire

You really can't go wrong with either. Both are awesome shows, but since you have to choose one, I would vote for Illuminations.

fudwrapper

i can't believe i'm in the minority on this, but FANTASMIC! illumination is good, but Fantasmic is more "disney", if that makes sense. I get choked up everytime i have seen it, the special effects are second to none, and the music is soo much better than Illuminations!! Don't miss it!!!

haveyoumetmark

Illuminations is more impressive by far IMO.
Fantasmic! is a charming show, but I think Illuminations has more sophisticated effects, better fireworks, and a moving soundtrack.

Edit: I guess it depends on what you want your friends to be like. If you want to go for the "wow factor", than your best bet is definitely Illuminations.

disneygoof1

Fantasmic is my favorite show by far. I think it is the best show on property! It has fireworks, and characters, classic disney music, thrilling villians, water screens, it just has everyithng. Way better than Illuminations I think.:sohappy:

donaldfan

Hands down, IllumiNations, from World Showcase Plaza - just get there 30 minutes before to get a good spot! Half of us normally go get a beer, while the other half stake out our viewing area. I always try to explain the story to someone before too, as I think you don't automatically get it the first time around.

(All nightime Disney entertainment if fabulous, my only other not miss hasn't been mentioned - SpectroMagic)

sissa216

About 8 years ago I'd have voted Fantasmic, but recently I've changed my mind. Now it's hands down Illuminations. No questions :) With Wishes being a very close second

DolFan

Fantasmic is good, but Illuminations is great! The problem with Fantasmic is the sitting situation, they get everyone in the stadium, then you have to wait till the show starts. With Illuminations you can see it from around the world showcase.

Illuminations is much better in my opinion. Fantasmic is a good show, but I would watch Illuminations over Fantasmic for the first firework show. If you have little ones, I say take them to Fantasmic

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom