Whatever will become of River Country?

Rainbow Dash

Original Poster
'Older men'. To an eightteen year old, a 35 year old is an old man. (And beyond that, the geriatric abyss. You and I, in our early forties, are mere walking corpses)

It's just a manner of speech, the way you and I would speak of 'some kids making a video', which to a sixteen year old seems a very peculiar thing to say. ;)
The days of 12 year-olds calling 22 year-olds 'kids'. Oh the luls.

pumpkin7

Not to hijack this thread.... but lets face it, we've been going off topic since 2003....

When you tresspass & document yourself doing so and then further promote that video online bragging about your exploits..... and then promote your whereabouts.... You're going to get yourself banned from Disney World. He should be happy that is all the action they took.

You simply cannot have guests wandering backstage.

Very true Sir. I agree he should have kept his face and his name out of it, as quite a few people could prosecute him for tresspassing. Six Flags and the old Nickelodeon Studios could have a field day with that guy.

And for a bit of on topic posting; River Country is in too bad of a state now to ever reopen it. They'll just bulldoze it when they get round to it. Heck, they've left the music on because it would cost more to get someone to turn it off than it does to keep it on, so they won't clear out an entire space until they need it.

Rainbow Dash

Original Poster
Very true Sir. I agree he should have kept his face and his name out of it, as quite a few people could prosecute him for tresspassing. Six Flags and the old Nickelodeon Studios could have a field day with that guy.

And for a bit of on topic posting; River Country is in too bad of a state now to ever reopen it. They'll just bulldoze it when they get round to it. Heck, they've left the music on because it would cost more to get someone to turn it off than it does to keep it on, so they won't clear out an entire space until they need it.
Not trying to get sued or anything, but when I go in June I'm going to have to do a 'fly over' and check the place out. From the pictures and guest maps I've seen, it used to look really pretty. I like swamps, and that would make a LOVELY background for my computer. (Too many people in castle scene... :/)

articos

It will become a lovely haven themed entertainment zone & spa for Alligators.
Fixed. :)

Not to hijack this thread.... but lets face it, we've been going off topic since 2003....

When you tresspass & document yourself doing so and then further promote that video online bragging about your exploits..... and then promote your whereabouts.... You're going to get yourself banned from Disney World. He should be happy that is all the action they took.

You simply cannot have guests wandering backstage.
Thank you.

Rainbow Dash

Original Poster
Not a bunch of clods roaming around looking for cheap thrills.....
The footage they captured of it though was pretty informative, thought.. Got more knowledge out of that one single video of RC than I did reading a story from Disney about it.

HatboxGhost

The footage they captured of it though was pretty informative, thought.. Got more knowledge out of that one single video of RC than I did reading a story from Disney about it.
I love the footage. If it were not for Adam the Woo....or is it Adam the Clod :rolleyes: and his exploits we would not get a glimpse of what RC looks like now. Certainly Disney isnt going to show us.
If you go to YouTube and put in Adam the Woo, you will see all of his videos. Cool stuff.

tl77

I don't know how much truth there is to "swimming being banned in the lakes because of bacteria". I think it had more to do with the cost of having to hire lifeguards

When River County first opened, there were only 3 hotels with relatively small pools, but there were lifeguards stationed all over the lakes, and quite a few at River Country. I think the cost to watch the lakes, and also hire lifeguards for TL, BB, and each of the massive pools at all the hotels just got to be more than they want to spend

I loved River Country as a kid, but it terms of its size, it more along the lines of a resort pool, than a water park, its more or less on par with the "Yacht and Beach Club" pool. So getting back to the OP, unless they build some kind of Hotel or DVC nearby to absorb the cost of running it I don't think it'll be back, which is a shame

litaljohn

I think river country is being kept in its current state until the completion of "escape from tomorrow 2: let's really push Disney to the boiling point" to be followed up shortly with his third screenplay "escape from prison: I wish I could"

Rainbow Dash

Original Poster
Yeah.. I thought it looked more like a themed pool with a bunch of features (like Great Wolf Lodge pools), instead of an actual park itself.. But back then I guess it could have been considered a water park since most other places with 'water attractions' were much smaller and not as well themed.. I also am probably going to ask about Discovery Island being abandoned.. (I know why it was abandoned, but just want to see if anyone has information on if it's going to be demo'd or something for a future project.)

Sped2424

or they could put in the abandoned pirates water park idea
PirateWaterAdvSMALL.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom