Whatever will become of River Country?

George

Liker of Things
Relax a little. It could more then likely be referring to the "older" part of that two word structure. Older men, I think! You know, not teenagers, OR it could be a woman...there is another choice you know.

Whoops. I was light-hearted and trying to kid. Sorry if it came off as heavy-handed. I thought about adding a note about the possibility of those two guys being sasquatches or something. Sometimes extra silliness helps.

rle4lunch

River Country was great when I was a kid in the 80's. There were slides and a swimming hole. As for there being 'not much to do', well, you swam. Swam swam swam. I know it's hard to imagine for kids these days that if there isn't an iPod attached to their arm or some sort of attention deficit disorder stimuli to keep them going, that they'll be bored. "Swim? Why would I do that when I can simulate swimming on my iPad?" Hell, I'm only 36 years old and nearly want to smack the iPad's out of people's hands when I see them walking around WDW with them out, checking in on Facebook or tweeting that they are @WDW #hatewaitinginline. They are truly missing out on life.

Gag.

bubbles1812

River Country was awesome! Small, but awesome. And there was plenty to do... Not everything has to have a million water slides for things to be fun. It was my family's favorite before it was closed down. And it is tragic what Disney has let it become. The videos are just plain sad. You should look up what happened to the island out in the middle of the lake too. Also, it was NOT closed due to bacteria, which is an urban legend, though I'm sure Disney would like people to keep believing that.

bethymouse

They are truly missing out on life.
I couldn't agree w/ you more!:(
The sad part about it is that even in education they "push" what WV calls "teach 21". This is all technology based, yet they want our students to learn to work "cooperatively". It makes no sense to me.:(

pumpkin7

The guy in the video is Adam the Woo. You might have heard about him recently because he was kicked out of WDW for life. Even though he IS technically tresspassing, I love his videos on YouTube and have become a fan of his adventures.

What?! Banned for life?? NOOOOO. That completely blows for him! Poor guy. I like his videos. They are really interesting and creepy, like that one above; music still playing and stuff... very weird.

I've read that they closed it because there was bad bacteria or something on the bottom of the lake section and it was FLESH EATING...!! Ok that last part may not be true but the bacteria was bad enough when disturbed so they decided to close RC, and it's also why you can't disturb any of the lakes on property. You can't even swim in the Severn Seas Lagoon can you? Which is silly because the Floridian has a beach. Or is that beach cut off from the water?
Sucks really.

The Empress Lilly

More importantly, whey did you put the (I think) after men. What else were you considering they could be?
'Older men'. To an eightteen year old, a 35 year old is an old man. (And beyond that, the geriatric abyss. You and I, in our early forties, are mere walking corpses)

It's just a manner of speech, the way you and I would speak of 'some kids making a video', which to a sixteen year old seems a very peculiar thing to say. ;)

Genie of the Lamp

Didn't a while back there were rumors around here and other sites there were possible plans for a FW DVC or a Poly DVC being built on that site once they had construction crews demo RC at the time?

PhotoDave219

What?! Banned for life?? NOOOOO. That completely blows for him! Poor guy. I like his videos. They are really interesting and creepy, like that one above; music still playing and stuff... very weird.

Not to hijack this thread.... but lets face it, we've been going off topic since 2003....

When you tresspass & document yourself doing so and then further promote that video online bragging about your exploits..... and then promote your whereabouts.... You're going to get yourself banned from Disney World. He should be happy that is all the action they took.

You simply cannot have guests wandering backstage.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom