What.........

head mouse

Original Poster
Ok. I have been trying my best to avoid starting this thread, but I cant take it anymore.

What does Harry Potter have to do with Disney??????

head mouse

Original Poster
Ok, so Disney gets Power Rangers Which is Not Disney, and Harry Potter, which is not Disney, So heck. I retract my other thread. Maybe people SHOULD be looking for Shrek at Disney.

SirGoofy

What does Star Wars have to do with Disney? Indiana Jones? Twighlight Zone? Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn? It doen't matter. If Disney thinks they can make a top tier attraction out of something they don't own, they'll go and get it.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
What does Star Wars have to do with Disney? Indiana Jones? Twighlight Zone? Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn? It doen't matter. If Disney thinks they can make a top tier attraction out of something they don't own, they'll go and get it.

:sohappy: Very well said.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Exactly.

Amen! The closed mindedness of these boards is disheartening. Everything outside of disney they have brought creates alot of the best stuff through the parks, whether it is a pull for Star Wars or the power rangers, or even Jules Verne, no seems to mind that his work is pulled from so heavilly. I think the Harry Potter idea is so exciting.

And the comment about Shrek is rather irrelevant. But on that topic if Disney doesn't get the Harry Potter rights some one else will (Universal) and I would much rather see Harry at Disney than Universal (which is ok too).:D

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Walt would roll over in his grave. Period.
For what? Getting the rights to make attractions based on an incredibly successful series of books and movies loved by millions world wide. Many of the stories, movies and rides done by Disney were pulled from other authors.
I personally could care less about Harry Potter but there is no denying the franchises success and I think that Disney is very smart for doing everything they can to get rights to it.
Bottom line the story has endless possibilities for attractions that would have an instant fan fowling.

executivechef

Wow, some people can't see the trees through the forest.
Disney is a business. All about the money, nothing more nothing less. I'm shocked that people believe Disney had to have a theme with Walt, or Mickey, or Disney in general. It doesn't. Simply put, Harry Potter makes money, hense, let's buy the rights and make the money rather than another company beating us to it. Same with IJ, SW or Wizard of Oz, Muppets etc. None of these have any close traits to the mouse. They make money. No need to over think it. Di$ney is in it for the money.
There is no longer a man behind the mouse, now it's a board of directors and share holders who want a full park and pockets full of money.

Guy

kachow

Why would Walt roll over in his grave? He obviously had an attraction to storytelling and "magic," so what's the problem?

Vernonpush

Many of the stories, movies and rides done by Disney were pulled from other authors.
I agree. Mary Poppins was not written by the Disney Company, yet we all love the Disney version. Do people even know that it was a bunch of stories before Disney bought the rights and made a movie?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I agree. Mary Poppins was not written by the Disney Company, yet we all love the Disney version. Do people even know that it was a bunch of stories before Disney bought the rights and made a movie?
I am sure that many on this site do, but I think that it is a safe assumption that the masses think stories like Pooh, Peter Pan, Cinderella, etc were written by Disney.

slappy magoo

Actually it's well known that Walt was grooming JK Rowling's father to be head of Walt Disney Pictures in the 50s, but they had a falling-out, and Walt died of a broken heart as a result.

That's the only reason why JK Rowling has been so loathe to let Disney develop a ride based on her franchise in the first place.

And while this is all 100 percent true, I'm too lazy to look it up myself and provide a link. Feel free spending hours searching the internet with the proof that, really, is all over the place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom