what years and what hotel had this phone/lamp?

ltbeach

Original Poster
I found this phone/lamp at an antiques mall today. The sign on it says its from a walt disney world hotel. Does anyone know what hotel or what years it was used? How about a value? You can see on the number pad that phone number and room number are still on it. the room number is 781 so it hast to be a room with at least 7 floors. I called the number and it goes to the buena vista palace at downtown disney.
disney_phone_001.jpg

disney_phone_002.jpg

Anyone?

Larry

e4ymod

That phone number now belongs to the Wyndham Palace Resort & Spa in the Downtown Disney area. Not sure what is was before. :shrug:

Dskipper

weren't those phones in the lobby of a few hotels back in the day. i dont think they were on propety hotels, i think they were the cheap ones on 192-535 areas.:hurl:

ltbeach

Original Poster
The price on it is $125. My wife says i should go back in and try to nagotiate. The phone seems much older than the palace hotel would be, so i dont think its from the palace. I was thinking that the number used to be a disney number. Thanks for the responses.

Larry

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
^ the BV Palace opened in `83, and I`ve seen those phones in the UK in the mid 80`s, so it wouldn`t be unheard of.

VoiceGuy07

My wife and I stayed at one of the Downtown Disney hotels about 15 years ago. Remember that phone in our room but don't remember which hotel it was.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom