What wouldnt be built today?

Dragonman

Dare I say it, POTC. If it was it’d be on a much smaller and less grand scale. Plus the whole PC change that started in the late 90’s.

Haunted Mansion could also qualify, probably would be a lighthearted kiddie ride with minimal to no scary bits and way less love and detail put into it.

Last edited:

Brer Panther

I highly doubt Mr. Toad would be built today either. That might be an IP-based ride, but it's not a ride based on a POPULAR IP and no way they'd have a ride end in that dark, firey place nowadays.

DVCakaCarlF

I agree esp with hall of presidents.. when it was opened it was like omg its Lincoln its George Washington talking... now its I dislike this president. Also it is long and dry... if it wasn't for its historical place in Disney id say it should be replaced. Whats funny is you hear cop being replaced but you never hear anyone dare mention hop.
HoP is themed and presented very well...aside from politics.

Mickey5150

Nothing, if Disney has the data and the money to do something, it will do it. Right now they are using their own money so they are using their own IPs. If companies wanted to pay Disney to build attractions, like when Epcot was created, then Disney would build those attractions. Test Track is based on GMs IP, Radiator Springs Racers is based on Disney's IP.

lazyboy97o

Nothing, if Disney has the data and the money to do something, it will do it. Right now they are using their own money so they are using their own IPs. If companies wanted to pay Disney to build attractions, like when Epcot was created, then Disney would build those attractions. Test Track is based on GMs IP, Radiator Springs Racers is based on Disney's IP.
This isn’t even close to true. The franchise mandate only dates to 2005 and was not based in any sort of business issue.

lazyboy97o

Everything is a business issue. If the CEO makes a decision it's for the business.
:rolleyes: The franchise mandate was not the result of poor business performance. Disney used their own money to build all sort of stuff they are currently barred from building because the former CEO didn't like/understand them, not because they failed to perform by any sort of business metric.

Tjaden

Reading this thread tells you all you need to know..basically anything that is considered good by most of the diehards wouldn't be built today.

That's a bit harsh by me when things like RotR and MMRR are good attractions that just haven't had enough time to be loved.

Mickey5150

:rolleyes: The franchise mandate was not the result of poor business performance. Disney used their own money to build all sort of stuff they are currently barred from building because the former CEO didn't like/understand them, not because they failed to perform by any sort of business metric.
Correct, there is not a big chart marked "Iger metrics," but Iger still decided to go the IP route to increase business. Disney can build whatever they want and just like before there will always be things that are approved and things that are denied. That doesn't mean they can't build rides like Haunted Mansion or Spaceship Earth, it's that the company is going in a different direction. If Universal said they will give Disney full Marvel rights but they need to build the Western River Expedition, I gurantee they build it.

Christian Fronckowiak

In the Parks
Yes
  • A theme park that they fully own and operate
  • A Magic Kingdom with the amount of berm it has from the entrance to WDW property
  • Probably their own resort hotels (which they still wouldn't have if not for US Steel not meeting their timeframe)
  • Disney-MGM Studio Theme Park (although they could have been using it to create Disney+ content)

Last edited:

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Cinderella Castle, new castles now have to celebrate EVERY SINGLE Disney Princess. So they can sell inside the castle giftshop the combo packs of small figures of all the princesses.

They're gonna need a bigger castle. Maybe a couple of them. My guess is that there'll be more castle gift shops than there are Disney castles (I think there already are). Maybe soon we'll see a "castle gift shop" - without an actual castle (And it won't be on 192).

Last edited:

The Empress Lilly

- Any large structure disguised as anything but rocks. The ability to make ride Wharehouses resemble an urban environment has been all but lost.

- Guest satisfaction centric parks. The focus has firmly shifted from an eye for the guest to an eye on his wallet. Shareholder satisfaction is the goal.

- Park experiences without alcohol. Disney Parks are now outdoor bars.

- Non-integrated upcharges. In recent years many previously available spaces have been converted into upsell areas, I expect newer areas will integrate them.

Park philosophy evolves over time. The indignified nonsense of exits through gift shops has all but come to an end. An interlude of lunacy from the 90s-10s. Current fashions can change. I can imagine that one day we could see a Disney that would built a Main Street again. But not an EPCOT.

Toy Story Mania! They already have Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin that is very similar to that ride already so they should have built something else in my opinion.

Smiley/OCD

Swiss Family Robinson Tree House...now with the ADA, without an elevator, it wouldn't be done. Also, TSI...although we love it, it IS a HUGE waste of land...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom