What wouldnt be built today?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Splash Mountain with its source material, TBH. Not today.
Splash is impossible to get choosen to be built nowadays, as it has a nice ride sistem, a kind of non-ip atraction and lots of audioanimatronics.

I think the actual version would be either a roller coaster with a part inside a showbuilding with screens and a part outside or a less thrill version some kind of trackless vehicle similar to Mickey Runaway Railway
Ironic, isn't it...

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Given what is occurring? Gotta say "Walt Disney World, in entirety". Just LOOK at the cash bleed :(.

It's just possible that WDW is TOO big, and too centralized. But I suspect Walt never planned for a Plague :(.

Pepper's Ghost

But I suspect Walt never planned for a Plague :(.

That goes without saying based on it's very design. Honestly, who DID plan for a pandemic? Professional sports? Musicians playing live? Heck... even just the DMV? Our society doesn't plan around pandemics. It's not common enough to plan around, and hindsight is 20/20 (not the year 2020, the vision 20/20 🤪). Honestly, even anything that is built post-COVID19 isn't going to be built with a pandemic in mind. Do you see the next major football stadium being built with each seat being 6 ft from the next? You don't build anything but dams and bridges to withstand something that happens once every 100 years.

Robbiem

Given what is occurring? Gotta say "Walt Disney World, in entirety". Just LOOK at the cash bleed :(.

It's just possible that WDW is TOO big, and too centralized. But I suspect Walt never planned for a Plague :(.
Its interesting to think if WDW had never been built would disney every have built a resort or would we have had a series of Original Disneyland style single parks with possibly a single hotel in more locations than the resorts we have now?

Brad Bishop

Its interesting to think if WDW had never been built would disney every have built a resort or would we have had a series of Original Disneyland style single parks with possibly a single hotel in more locations than the resorts we have now?

I think that there's a lot of evidence that we'd have smaller, more DL-like resorts if it weren't for WDW. I think, now, that the thought is that if they built another resort in the USA that it'd just cannabilize their two current resorts. I think, short term, it may. Long term, it's just more customers but with constant protests and regulations, that ship has sailed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom